Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>>>> FRIDAY ART SNOW 3/17/17 <<<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spoggie, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Sad to hear about Zapato. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family at this difficult time.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. There's some neat stuff, guys. I had tinkertoys. Been years since I had heard or thought about them. :)

3. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Ok, Im not all that young but I have heard the reference about church keys on here before, people finding them in old cars etc.etc. but it always seemed to be like a secret handshake or something and I admittedly didnt know what guys were talking about but now I guess I get it, I have seen and used these old bottle/can openers all my life and even found a few myself in old cars. I guess it was kind of a sarcastic joke among the older guys to have one of these for there beer with a clever name.
    I assume the bottle one shaped kind of like a key is where the key idea came from? I have a old coca cola one like that. Would either one of these be considered a church key opener?......I suppose these or all the variations of them could be considered a form of art among collectors??? to keep it on topic.
    [​IMG]

A little more info after looking into it a little further....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchkey

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  5. Two top ones .

6. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Nice work this week guys. Jigger, love the Lunar Lander sketch. Awesome.

7. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

this is bad assed thanks for sharin

1320Paul likes this.
  8. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

no it doesnt

Jigger and Mark A like this.
  9. No way, she resurrected as a gasser. christine2.jpg

GaryC., kiwijeff, pwschuh and 17 others like this.
  10. robber

robber

Funny you say that Wild Willy... I was thinking exactly the same thing when I came across this ol' down and out girl. I was out for a cruise, just to get my head screwed on straight... you guys know what I mean. I spotted her down in this lil' ravine. I pulled over and walked down to her, to see what the damage was (and for the photo op)... all the while I was literally flashing on "Christine", when I wasn't thinking, "rattlesnakes"??? I found her to be truly down for the count. She was ravaged, beat and mangled. :eek: She was shot at and shit on! :oops: Looked to be large caliber on both counts! :rolleyes:

kiwijeff, Spoggie and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  11. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

You reminded me that I want a set of these, with the can, of course.

12. Full credit to the artist(he's a pinstriper I've known for 34 years) but you could say he, uhh, pinned it

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Jigger and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  14. JimC,..thanks so much, and thanks for all the "likes"...here's a couple more...
    PS,...did anybody else notice that this was the Friday Art "Snow" this week?
    fri art 17 053.jpg fri art 17 047.jpg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  15. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rusty....im having bleed and blending issues and think it may be the paper as its just sketch pad if u dont mind what paper do you use Ron by the way great posts this week love your work

16. Hey Ron, you can buy paper for Markers. It is a an acid free, coated parchment which means it is thin and somewhat translucent though an opaque, very white paper. You could also get a thin Vellum. Bristol board, a thicker vellum with a smooth surface is great for inking. Markers lay down nice with little to no bleed but are a bit tougher to blend on. work fast and you can, however. You might want to get a blending marker to practice with too. These aren’t the cheapest papers but they are very nice to experiment with until you find one you like. I think we are about to see your work jump another level should you try these out. Love seeing people pick p the pens and pencils after a long time and explode with talent!
    Note: pencil as your under drawing will make the ink muddy so you want to erase it almost to nothing or use either a light blue, blue, violet or brown color pencil, lightly applied. I recommend Col-erase by Prismacolor. they are reasonable and very pliable. Easy to work with.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    beebing and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  17. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jigger...thanks. this is the kind of info that is so useful...i did just pick up a blender today and have been playing with blending shades of colors with it on different papers. great tip on the pencils as well as I have been fighting this as well...its amazing the differences in how markers and for that matter the way different ink pens react to alcohol markers and lay down on different types of papers. Im determined.....you guys are the best

Ron Funkhouser and Jigger like this.
  18. Ron,...mostly I just use cheap copy paper from Walmart,..altho some I've been using I got out of a dumpster,...(not kidding)...when I was looking for a small cardboard box,..it's a bit larger than legal size and is fairly white, got a good stack of it,..sounds kinda like what Jigger is describing but I don't know for sure. I just know when I saw it it could be put to better use at least as scratch paper but turned out to be good sketch paper.
    ...keep up the good work,...everyone.

Ron Funkhouser and Jigger like this.
  19. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

My late contribution, (what else is new.) Outdoor car show season has finally started and the weather

was great today so I spent a couple hours sketching at the first car show of the season.

This 1934 hemi powered coupe made it's debut today;

sketchbook009-L.jpg

A little OT but vintage at least, I sketched this early Farmall tractor as well. The host town is in a rural area so there were a nice group of restored tractors on display;

sketchbook010-L.jpg

rusty1, GaryC., Mark A and 8 others like this.
  20. Jigger's suggestion for using prismacolor col-erase is a great pencil for doing layouts and under drawings. I love 'em, they erase real easy and don't leave much of a line like lead pencils. I usually use light blue color, but can chose from a variety of colors. Whatever fits your fancy.
    I also tried rubbing alcohol with a brush to blend color pencil, but never tried it on marker. Works well. I think all a blender marker is alcohol, so I thought the cheaper alternative is what I forementioned.
    I use canson pro layout marker paper for final drawings and coloring. It's only 18 lb. paper, but man it takes a lot of abuse.

Jigger likes this.
  21. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jigger, Rusty, Beebing...thanks for all the help...went by the local art supply house and holey moley, what a choice of drawing pads and papers...you guys have helped me really narrow it down

Jigger likes this.
  22. This is amusing Rob. Who's that fella on here who's signature is/was sumpin' 'bout 'I enjoy nature, walks, and poking dead things on the beach with sticks'.

robber likes this.
  23. GaryC., Lepus, Mark A and 9 others like this.
  24. Looks like here

robber likes this.
  25. Better late than never ....... I still have my old "Burgie" opener hanging under the dash of my Plymouth. Ahhhh, the good old days.
    IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG

26. robber

robber

Your reply is amusing as well Steve. It made me smile :) Thanks mate! I recall seeing this line, but do not remember who the fella is... I can totally relate to the phrase though. "Down & Dirty" was one of those moments in life when the unexpected can and does happen... affording a guy some "cheap thrills". It was one of those times when you walk away from something thinking, "What the hell is the story behind that ?!?!? :confused:

..."Finished"...:) cp 746.JPG

Spoggie, GaryC., wojojo and 5 others like this.
  27. Thank you. It is always an honor to share my art here on the HAMB and my goal to entertain. Have a great week, I appreciate the kind words.