Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 29 Model A Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by david buczynski, Jun 14, 2015.

1. david buczynski

david buczynski

I shot the Dash last night. I really like this color the pictures don't show how the pearl looks in the sun. Its Hot Rod Flatz Copper Pearl.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. That paint looks so good, and gauges too. You are building one killer Tudorrrr

3. david buczynski

david buczynski

Thanks, shooting the body tomorrow morning. I cant believe how far I have come.

4. Unpatiently waiting to see the outcome, keep up the good work

5. david buczynski

david buczynski

Body and doors are painted! Next weekend I will do the grill shell and headlight buckets and start getting this thing back together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RICH B and FinnishFireball like this.
  6. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

7. brady1929

brady1929

8. david buczynski

david buczynski

Firewall painted Gloss Ivory to match the gauges

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. david buczynski

david buczynski

Its been a busy 3 day weekend, painted the grill shell, and head lights, ran the fuel line, and set the body on the frame for a test fit. still got some work to do to get everything lined up but I really like how its turning out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FinnishFireball likes this.
  10. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Love it .
    Miss mine some
    Times ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1467852084.833820.jpg

11. david buczynski

david buczynski

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] well its been a long time since i have updated this page, almost done just waiting on the drive shaft. I can not wait to get it out the spring. 16473459_1643924455917433_1407257299861770737_n.jpg

12. Roadsir

Roadsir

Just went through the thread. Very nice. Looks ready to hit the road.

david buczynski likes this.
  13. Deadbird

Deadbird

Wow David, you've come a long way. The Tudor looks great! I finally got started on my 29 Tudor last month. It's been sitting 15 years as other projects have gotten in the way. I'll be using the Riley frame like yours, only it's an older version that Eric delivered to the Hunnert Car Pile Up many years ago. My A is going to be a lot like yours with some obvious variations. The previous owner chopped it already, so I'm living with it. I'll fill the top and run a 283 4-speed. Thought about a copper color too, but I won't copy yours. Maybe Pagan Gold or some 60's shade of blue. I might hit you up for some pointers as I dig into this. Here are a few hasty mock up pics:

IMG_3514.JPG IMG_3515.JPG

david buczynski likes this.
  14. david buczynski

david buczynski

Thanks, its been a crazy 2 years. Eric was great and helped me a lot was able to answer any question i had. Yours looks cool i like the cheater slick look. some day ill chop mine but this is my first build so i wanted to keep it some what easy.

15. david buczynski

david buczynski

took home a few awards @ the Buffalo Motorama last weekend. It was cool to get some positive feedback from some local well known builders too.
    4.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg

16. david buczynski

david buczynski

I finally got it running and out on the road. if the weather holds id like to take it to the Syracuse Nationals. Its been just over 2 years but it was worth it the first time i stabbed the gas she took off like a little rocket.

model a 1.jpg

tudorfritz likes this.
  17. vanislander

vanislander

Sweet looking ride. nice job.
    I just picked this up yesterday. I'm not in a rush, but was thinking along the same lines a yours.

Attached Files:

Stllrng. likes this.
  18. atch

atch

David,

Your car turned out very well. Nicely done indeed.

If the pix aren't lying you've got a better starting point than lots of builders. Makes me a little jealous. I'd love to have an A, especially a 2-dr sedan.