Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nads said, "Make me a believer," here's some pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JPMACHADO, Apr 5, 2006.

1. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

Got some heat from Nads about not having the abilitiy to build a car. Not trying to start trouble, just accommodating him. Had the drive train and steering column; built just about everything else. I figure it's 95% done at this point. I know some will like it, and some won't.

125" Wheel Base
    70" Track Width
    Set out to build a big car. I'm 6'4" and 275lb. Tried to keep it as traditional as possible.

Attached Files:

2. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

Just keeping up my own thread in hopes Nads can get the look he asked for.

3. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

cant say i like it... i respect it though

4. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

I appreciate it. Knew when I built it that it wasn't for eveyone, but it's exactly what I wanted. Isn't that the point of this whole thing?

5. Hey bro.......if you like it that's all that counts!! :) Good luck with the rest of the build........look forward to some action shot's of your beast bootin down the road!!

6. From the pics it looks pretty damn cool to me.Whats the body from?or is that part of the scratchbuild?

7. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Dumb question, but will your roll bar hold up if you were roll the ole' gal on the highway? It looks kinda' tossed in there.

8. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

I like it but in my oppinion it needs some larger size rims, the body makes it look like your runnin 12" rims. Could always have some steelies made with some 18 or even 20" hoops with narrow 16or18" up front, oh and some huge tube headers!
    -Jesse

9. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

Body is a 14 gauge metal tube skeleton, skinned with aluminum sheet, and about 1200 rivets. Sorry the pictures are so bad you can't see the rivets. Yes, it's all scatch built

10. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

Man I hope so. The bottom tube runs through the frame and it triangulated, so It should hold up. Also helps that when I sit in it only my head sticks up.

11. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

I'd love to have bigger rims. The fronts are off of a failed Nova project and the rears were on my brother's 03' Silverado. Had to go with what I had. Teacher's Salary.

12. muffman58

muffman58

Just ''Run what ya brung'' as they say!

13. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

Just keeping it towards the front for Nads to see

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Well you did build it, I'm not sure I like it, it's about the most two dimensional thing I've ever seen. I respect the effort but it's pretty damn ugly IMHO

Not bagging on you, just telling you the truth as I see it.

Best of luck in the future though, aesthetics are harder to grasp than skill.

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You've got a kickass garage though, I don't even have one of those, just a car port.

I do admire your effort.

16. the-rodster

the-rodster

I can appreciate the amount of work that you have put into your ride.

BUT, it is not, nor will ever be, a traditional rod, and in case you didn't notice, that is the theme of this forum.

Rich

17. Bro, you built that thing. That's a major accomplishment. Many here cannot do what you have done. They buy someone else's built car. Kudos to you.

Now, work out the refinements to your liking and drive the piss outta that thing.

18. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

Believe it or not I drew a rendition to start with on the computer and it came out just they way I had planned. I'm not taking the knock personally, I'm just letting you the car looks the way I want it to look. If I wanted curves I could have done curves.

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

OK, cool, but I think the-rodster said it best regarding your car.

If not anything else, even as aerodynamically challenged as it is, the car will probably be faster than hell.

I'm really biting my tongue here and giggling about what I really want to say, but I think it would be wrong for me to let it all out.

I think you've punished yourself enough already.

20. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

Let it out. I'm a big boy, I can take it.

21. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Word.

22. haring

haring

I'll say what everyone else is thinking but pussy-footing around:

That car is an aesthetic disaster.

And that's fine, it you like it. But please don't use the term "traditional" to describe it. That term does not apply in this case.

23. Zodoff

Zodoff

Wow.
    I can hardly imagine the kind of selfcontrol it takes to build something like that.

24. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it looks like a real shoe box!

25. I appreciate the effort as well. If you want to drive a box with wheels then that's your perogative, right? You Could have saved time and money and just used a small business dumpster and put a drive train under it IMO.:confused: Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

26. Well I like it and I hate sbc's. Can't ya throw that away and get a Ford? LOL, just hackin ya.

27. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

I knew when the traditionalists came out I'd get ripped. To each his own. I knew it would be about 50/50 on the like and dislike. I still appreciate all the comments. This is my first attempt at this and all comments help the next time out.

28. Ya gotta start somewhere. Big as you are you probably wouldn't fit in a '27 Ford.:D

I'd toss a rock or two but hell I'm useing a TD body for my next rod. Its pretty flat on most of the panels.

That's an interesting frame configuration on the rear kick. What did you build the frame from?

29. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

Frame is .120 wall 2x4. The kick up is because I built it around an axle from a truck, and I didn't want to weld on it. I configured the rear 4 bar and coil overs to go on with the same u-bolts the truck had. Kick is high to fit the coils.

30. Antibilly

Antibilly

it needs to be diamond plated