Register now to get rid of these ads!

Will roller rockers fit BBC?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gettingreasy, Apr 4, 2006.

1. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

I'm building this 454 and was wondering if Aluminium roller rockers will fit under stock valve covers, with out a girdle of course?
    -Jesse

2. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

some do most dont.

3. The main interference can be with the poly-locks, not the rocker body. If you can run the stock nuts with the crimped threads for locking, it might work under stock valve covers.

4. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

maybe reeaal thick (or double) valvecovergaskets.

Mr Gasket # 5863 are 5/16" thick

5. arkracing

arkracing

I have the CompCams Stamped Steel Roller Tip Rockers in my BBC and they Hit the old style M/T BBC Covers - which are around the same as stock height or a little higher.

I had to use a thick gasket to get them to not hit.

My M/T's also have "Oil drippers" in them to deflect oil back down - If your cover don't have them...which I assume they don't if you have stock stamped steel ones...then you might be able to get away with a thick gasket.

6. I have them on my BBC and they did hit! Put double gasket in and is should take care of it.... of course like other people said depends on the rockers ... I have Cal Customs on it now no problems at all !

7. rodknocker

rodknocker

if you're putting rollers on that motor don't you want girdles? I'd want the protection but maybe you have something else in mind

8. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

Girdle's are $$$ so I'm not gonna run them, also This build is pretty mild so I don't belive they are nececery.
    -Jesse

9. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ran some cast aluminum spacers under some stock covers with a .714 roller cam and Crane rockers. My motor was semi-gloss black so I fit them to the heads real good, ran a nice thin bead of black silicone and bolted them down for the night wiping off all the excess from the edge. Next day I painted em in black like the rest and it was pretty stealth lookin. You really had to look and see it wasn't stock. Great for 2am racing!!

10. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

Were'd you get the spacers, all I can find are billet for a SBC?
    -Jesse