Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Mallory Distributor Identification

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PAracer, Mar 6, 2017.

1. PAracer

PAracer

Hello All,

A friend just dug up an old Mallory YD 420A distributor and my list doesn't have that number on it. It's for an 8 cylinder and has tach drive. Can anyone tell me what application it is for?

Thanks,
    Mike

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. 24riverview

24riverview

64-78 International V8 (266, 304, 345, 392)

3. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is there anyplace where this application information is available? I have collected quite a few Mallory distributors, and though I know what each of the ones I have is for, one of these days I know I'll come across one where I can't figure out the proper ID. I did a "Google" search this, and most of the results lead me back to the H.A.M.B., where there have been several allusions to this accumulated information, but I have never been able to put my finger on the exact information I want.

IHC V8? Wow! They seem to have made these things for everything imaginable!

4. PAracer

PAracer

Thanks 24riverview. The amount of knowledge and speed of the HAMB always amazes me!

Tubman, I have a two page listing of Mallory part numbers and applications that was posted years ago here on the HAMB. However as you can see it's not complete. PM me your email and I'll send you a copy if you want.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. 24riverview

24riverview

squirrel likes this.