Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Gene Winfield's Favorite Cars...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Gene Winfield\'s REACTOR_William Shatner.jpg [​IMG]

EVERYBODY'S FAVORITE, GENE WINFIELD , has not only created some of the most beautiful customs of all-time but he's also built many Specialized Vehicles that have been featured in Movies & TV ! In this Interview, I wanted to know what Gene's favorites were...in a career that goes back 6 Decades.

I also wanted to share this with you, SO, get ready for some interesting conversation, some eye-popping rides, and the thoughts & memories of one of the R&C Industries most revered Hall Of Fame Members: GENE WINFIELD ! It all starts right here when you Click-On-This-Link http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage3.html

NOTE: YES ! That is Captain Kirk, home on-leave from his duties on the Starship Enterprise, gettng ready to blast off in Gene's "Reactor" Land Cruiser !!​

And, again, thanks to all my fellow Hambers for the kind words...we're ALL in this together !

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

If you missed this story by Gene when I posted it earlier , you might enjoy listening to it now.

Ride on; Stay safe !

JK

3. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Latest Info: Gene Winfield, George Barris, Darryl Starbird, and, John D'Agostino will be on their way to the 40th Anniversary R&C Show in Sweden for Easter Weekend !

A great time to ask Gene about these favorite "Space Rods" of his featured in the above Interview for all of our fellow Hambers in that area !

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

5. TinWolf

TinWolf
    from Sweden

Hi Jonnie King !
    His 1950 Merc with -51 rear fenders got to be my favorit Gene Winfield car ! Meet him first in 1989 and worked for him for awhile , and at the Elmia Custom car show in Jönköping 2011 , super nice guy !
    Wolf

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

TinWolf...

Thanks so much for sharing the pix & memories on Gene ! He IS one of the nicest guys you'll meet...and his stories are always great to hear, this one for sure: http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage3.html

My best to you in Sweden !!

JK www.legends.thewwbc.net

7. Thats great. Thanks for posting this. I actually had the opportunity to visit Genes shop today on my way back from a family event in Ridgecrest. (Ill post pics and the story later.)

8. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

OneFineComet,

You're welcome ! Thanks for sharing the pix, and glad you got to visit !!

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

9. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

NOTE TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE AT THE H.A.M.B...

Seems like only awhile back that I started this Thread, BUT it's been almost SIX year's ago ! SO when Gene debuted his newest book on "THE REACTOR" at the 2017 GNRS, I updated & reworked this Interview & Feature Page to add this important new book and its Info to the HOFL Series Website.

Nicholas K. Whitlow did a really GREAT job on this book ! He also penned Gene's "TV & Movie Cars" volume a few year's back...which is also a "must have" book ! BUT, if you ever wanted to know anything about "The Reactor"...from its Concept-to-Today...this book will have the answers for you !

AND, so you can, if you missed it the first time, OR, are new to the H.A.M.B., hear Gene tell how he built "The Reactor" when you Click-On-This Direct Link that will take you to our Interview Session:
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage3.html

Gene is a super-storyteller, remembers everything about the cars he's done and "The Reactor" has to be one of his ULTIMATE customs of all-time !
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbcnet

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  10. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Thanks to Bob for the eMail, and yes, "The Reactor", Gene's new book, explains what many never knew, or forgot through the year's, when Gene built it in 1964 it was called "The Autorama Special". Gene's story about the frame & engine during the Interview are very cool:

As always, if you've had a chance to see "The Reactor" in-person share your story with us !
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

11. I saw the Reactor at the GNRS this year.

IMG_1783.JPG

Jonnie King likes this.
  12. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Crazy Backyard Builder...
    Very neat pic ! Glad you were able to see it at the GNRS...Gene will be trying to take it to a number of shows this year, so if anyone else has new pix to share please do !
    Thanks,
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwwbc.net

13. I always liked the elusive late 50's Corvette that he modified and painted for Mike Sparrow. Other than a few black and white photos, it's been lost to the sands of time.

Thank you for this thread. Great read.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  14. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

kidcampbell71...
    Thanks for reminding me of Vette ! I would like to know what happened to it too. But that's always been one of the most amazing things about Gene: He can work with ANY material to build custom...metal, fiberglass, aluminum, carbon fiber...you name it, Gene can use it and do it ! http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage3.html
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Gene's still on-the-road ! Traveling with the new book, and, of course "The Reactor", so if you've met him in the last couple of weeks, or, have some more photo's post 'em for us.

I heard from Nick today, and he said to thank you all here at the H.A.M.B. for your eMails & support ! Doing the book on "The Reactor" was a life-long dream come true for him, but once you see it, you'll realize how great it is for ALL of us to have it too ! http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage3.html
    Thanks !
    Jonnie.

kidcampbell71 likes this.