Register now to get rid of these ads!

LONESTAR ROUNDUP 2017

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by GLENN BLAKE, Jan 24, 2017.

1. GLENN BLAKE

GLENN BLAKE

Me and my GF are coming over for the Roundup from UK and NZ will be our first time at the event and would be pleased for any tips on best music bars etc for the evenings and would also like to know when the Line up for the bands at the show will be announced please ?
    Really Looking forward to this and to hopefully making new friends....

2. Welcome from Southern MD. I can't help you on the Round Up but from what I've heard you wont be disappointed. Try posting on the main board (general discussion) and I'm betting someone will steer you right.

3. Check out the Kontinentals Car Club Lonestar Round-up site for updates.

JOYFLEA, lothianwilly71 and wraymen like this.
  4. restingdollface

restingdollface

Howdy from Texas! I don't think the music schedule is posted yet. There will be lots of places all around Austin to choose from. The Lone Star Roundup page will have updates (hopefully) soon. There will also be shows at The Continental, C Boys, Nasty's, The Broken Spoke, The White Horse, The Little Longhorn Saloon, etc.

There used to be a cruise up and down Congress and music at Jo's Coffee outdoors on Friday and Saturday nights, but it's been ruined by regular cars infiltrating. Everything used to be concentrated in one general area, but now there are shows and gatherings all over town.

lothiandon1940 and wraymen like this.

5. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

Also making my first trip. Where is the place to stay while we're there?

6. I always stay out north of downtown on 35..at a Ramada Inn..never had a problem getting a room as everyone wants to stay in Central Austin,,,BIG MISTAKE

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Glenn,

My name is Mark and I conduct the Lonestar Roundup garage crawl on Friday morning. Since this is your first visit I'd like to invite you to join us on the crawl. Lots of folks say that the crawl is their favorite thing to do. It is a lot of fun and we'll go to several shops and collections around the Austin area. No worries if you are in a rental car (remember we drive on the wrong side here) as we have lots of guests that are without a vintage ride for the weekend.
    Lots to do and see during the weekend and I'll be happy to help with directions and locations of some "must do" events for your visit. There are quite a few and the numbers are growing. Please let me know when you plan to arrive as there are activities that begin the Wednesday before the event. Once you arrive if you have a US enabled wireless you can reach me at 512-496-8658.

We have some good friends from Levin, NZ that have been to the Roundup a couple of times. Always a blast when they are here!

Hope to hear from you soon!
    Mark Gustafson

8. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

http://lonestarroundup.com/schedule/

Mark will organises a fantastic garage crawl starting with breakfast . You will get to see shops that are not normally open to the public that only Mark can get you in to. Then enjoy a visit to the dell hospital for the benefit of the kids. Then off to Travis county .Driving a rental is no problem.
    Where are you staying? Congress gets very congested on the sidewalk and trying to cruise is difficult as Mum And the kids are all there too. Fun but congested. Go to the bottom of congress and check out the bats under the bridge at dusk.
    Go to Ski shores on the Sunday for midday meal.
    Sorry we won't be there in April Mark, good luck with all the crawl plans. But you get to enjoy/put up with our company for a bit in July after BTTF Minnesota. Look forward to catching up.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  9. restingdollface

restingdollface

The music lineup is now posted on the Lone Star Roundup website. C-boys has bands on their calendar for the weekend, too.

For lodging, do not stay at the Motel 6 on Oltorf, it's bad. The Omni that's just outside of the main part of town is nice, and usually cheaper than the one in downtown. The La Quintas near St. Elmo street and also the one near Highland Mall are ok. I'm not much help with lodging because I usually stay with friends at their home near Austin.

10. Hello and Welcome to the H.A.M.B. Enjoy your ride!!!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. Rand Man

Rand Man