Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who sells cheater slicks on here?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gettingreasy, Apr 4, 2006.

1. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

There used to be someone on here than sold cheater slicks, North West Speed Co. or something along those lines. Radir wants $245 apiece and I don't even want white walls. Speedway is an option but I want a slick with a few grooves cut in it, not blocky dirt tread. Any help on were to get old looking slicks would be great, thanks.
    -Jesse

2. beatnik

beatnik

3. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

Cool thanks guys. So how do people like these, I noticed it said that they use a softer compound, still last decent on the street?
    -Jesse

4. beatnik

beatnik

This will be my third year on them and I still don't see an significant wear.

Gus

5. Tim Irwin

Tim Irwin

Mickey Thompson sells them. You have to call them about the part number though. 330-928-9092.

6. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

HOTRODRUBBER is a fellow HAMBer. Support your local HAMBers.

Cody and his dad Steve are great guys and will treat you the way you'd want to be treated. I just spoke to Cody yesterday and he said the HAMB discount is still in effect. He quoted me $430 and some change for a PAIR of 30" tall X 10" wide cheaters for my 15" rims and those are the wide whites, and that's delivered with the discount.

Vance

7. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

Oh so there's a discount to! Damn thats cool. I'm thinkin about the standard radial recaps in the 28.75x8.5x15"s. They are a bit less than the M/T Sportsmans too.
    -Jesse

8. RadirWheelsGuy

RadirWheelsGuy

Mickey thompson DOES NOT sell them direct. They make them for us.

9. MilesM

MilesM

HAMB discount?

10. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

I e-mailed Hurst, should I give him a jingle instead? Sounds like a busy dude.
    -Jesse

11. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I just got a pair from hotrodrubber for my 55 ( it's still in the body shop so I haven't driven on them yet ) I called and Cody was out so I talked to his dad for about 45 min. He is one of the nicest guys I ever talked to. Took me through the whole process. They look very good and seem to have a plyable compound that you might even get a little bite out of. Bottom line is there aren't any of the old style slicks that are gonna hook-up like new one's but I think these are the best of the bunch and certainly have the look. Gary

12. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Jesse,

You could call Cody, but he returned my e-mail the same day and that was Monday. Worry not, he'll get to you very soon.

Vance

13. my "wursts" suck. whitewall was "painted" on. coming apart and have never been driven on!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  14. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I just got these 28.5x9x15 ww's from Cody. Real nice guy. I saw him at the Drags in Bakersfield. I got em for $250.00 for the pair...Look real nice and he had a lot of diff. sizes available. His dad has been recapping truck tires for a long time. They aren't new to the game. EVILT

Attached Files:

15. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

Damn those look like some badass tires.
    -Jesse

16. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Howdy Guy's
    Thank All Yall for the nice word's!!!
    It has been busy lately and I hope I have not been too hard to get ahold of. Please always feel free to call my cell 503-367-9046 for "PIE CRAVING EMERGENCY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":rolleyes:

17. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Cody RULES!!!

I ordered a set of 15X7.5X29 Pie Cut from Cody and finaly got to see them a Bobs shop..Excelent!!!
    THESE SLICKS ARE AWESOME.

He shipped them wright away and the deal was done...no problem.

Thanks Cody for the hook up.

evel

18. How about a picture, price, and size on the ones you got (if different than the others shown and mentioned)?