Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ### FAS 02/24/17 ###

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frogz, Feb 24, 2017.

1. robber

robber

..."Candies and Hues"...:) cp 510.jpg

oldsjoe, Mark A, tb33anda3rd and 4 others like this.
  2. robber

robber

..."Talladega At Daytona"...:) cp 522.jpg

oldsjoe, Mark A, tb33anda3rd and 5 others like this.
  3. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Ron, I have been following the FAS since its start. I have viewed your posts. I have noticed a great(at least in my opinion) improvement of the quality in your work. Now, I like what you are doing and how you are doing what you do. I have always liked your model building skill. Keep up the good work.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  4. Thanks Jim, I'm just having fun with it. I doodled a lot as kid in school. But since the FAS and HAMB Ive been doing a lot more of it. I also like restoring some of my old models cars too. I just wish I had more time to play. lol I like to add a picture when I post, so here is a 40 coupe, to finish my tribute to the 40 Ford for this week. Ron... 086.jpg 087.jpg 088.jpg Thanks { THE END }

quick85, jnaki, oldsjoe and 5 others like this.
  5. Hey Robber,
    I have come to really like the twist you put on your photo's.
    It's a different perspective and I dig the artistic creativity.
    Keep up the good work!
    To everyone else who posts here, thanks for the inspiration, the personal input and raising the bar.
    The FAS is always a whole lot of fun and cleverness!
    Cheers,
    David

robber and Stogy like this.
  6. robber

robber

Hey Cruisin',
    I feel EXACTLY the same way about your very unique interpretations! The last few months, life has had many dark and sad moments for me and my family. Your positive comments and encouragement mean more than you will ever know mate :) GALLONS of thanks, David.
    Cheers/gears,
    robber

I guess these next couple of shots go out to you, Ron:)

7. robber

robber

..."Orange Sunshine"...:) cp 530.JPG

Cruisin', oldsjoe, Mark A and 6 others like this.
  8. robber

robber

..."Chevron"...:) cp 564.jpg

Cruisin', oldsjoe, Mark A and 4 others like this.
  9. Lepus

Lepus

Ron, the black flamed '40 was parked close to the wall.( at the Jalopyrama, when it was in Annapolis) The upper left piece of trim is down the center of the hood.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  10. ...thanks for all the "likes" again this week;...I re-did the coupe, the orig. was too short in the front...
    fri art 17 040.jpg

11. DSC_0158.JPG DSC_0160.JPG

The only thing that remains to let you know this building once sold fine automobiles. It's now a tool hire shop on the ground floor and upstairs is a gym.

T-roaster, lucky ink, JOYFLEA and 8 others like this.
  12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, thought I was seeing things. That is Crown Point on the passenger door, just East of Portland on The Scenic Highway headed out into the gorge. And it's sitting in front of Portland city hall. Must be an old photo, no protestors in this shot. :D Crazy what you see on the HAMB.

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I'm watch'n you.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Billy I found this searching for a Hamber's relative's Chevron Station. I think that is pretty close to if not 1939. There was a bunch of cool pics there as there generally is at a towns/cities archives. I will post the link a little later today.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Please do. I was born and raised in the City Of Riots...I mean City Of Roses. :D My dad was a MaBell lineman for eternity in the west hills, he and mom lived in VanPort back in the day so I love old Portlandia pics. A lot of cool drive diner in action back in the 60s and 70s on Sandy, Foster and Powell. Post those pics Stogey! .

Stogy likes this.