Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Why do people call...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike VV, Feb 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

ZING!!:D

2. Like the guys who can't go to their garage or driveway and see that it's a Cummins, not a Cummings

loudbang, Hnstray and The37Kid like this.
  3. The37Kid

The37Kid

They set records at INDY too. Bob

upload_2017-2-23_12-25-6.png

4. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Quite a few years ago someone got smart and started adding a hammer head to adjustable wrenches.
    [​IMG]

loudbang, Montana1 and Truck64 like this.
  5. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Other than the dumb look?

loudbang likes this.
  6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

'Hogs' Heads' are located on the other end of the drive shaft. Up there, in front.

Montana1 and Hnstray like this.
  7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Worked with an ol country boy, he couldnt say Toyota to save his ass.
    It always came out "Tie Ota".
    I know, why were you even talking about them furrin cars.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I've heard a British motoring writer refer to a "Shovel A."

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just how far South do you have to drive to hear people talking about Model A & T Fords as A Models and T Models? Bob

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Southern states you'll hear "Chivalay".

11. Head back up north and you hear Marsaydees.

12. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

My sister and her boyfriend lives in northern NM....I've often heard: "Eeeeeeee....not ev-ahn....it's a Chebbie man"-------------I always laugh when I hear that expression!:D

loudbang likes this.
  13. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

From Hot Rod, R&C, and Car Craft...the 'Baby Moons' were coined "Baldies". (never heard 'Baby Moon' until the '60s, where they were offered by Pep Boys in a brown cardboard box, from Cal Custom: Printed on the sides of the box was "Baby Moon".)
    Also called 'Center Caps', and around San Jose any small center cap was called a "Beanie". (not 'ethnic', but like a small cap worn by nerds)

loudbang, falcongeorge and Hnstray like this.
  14. An Asian friend of mine was told by his Optometrist that he had a cataract. He said no I drive a rencon continrental.

15. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

^^^ hahaha....oh brother!!!.....spilled a bit of coffee over that one!!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  16. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I had a 'reversed wheel' biz in high school. "Reversed" or "Dumped" rims, this was the lingo.
    ("Dumped rims" were the rage, this was just prior to the Appliance chrome wheels: 'Inset', not 'reversed'; they had rolled-and-welded 'hoops' in different widths, 14" and 15" were available)

Mine were Ford centers, reversed Buick or Mercury outers, welded. Brush Painted red oxide primer, black finish. Sold them out of my partner's trunk, $10 each. Chevy dumps by order.
    Did them at San Jose Tech, didn't want to get too 'diverse'. Also bootlegged Traction Masters!
    (and Moon Gas Pedals...casting shrinkage netted a nice size 10! School boy size...)

loudbang and The37Kid like this.
  17. Just noticed this thread and the reply numbers of 226 :eek: . This is where i Allways read backwards from last reply knowing beforehand that there will be some fun :D . Anyhow i allways thought Hoonigan was Hooligan spelt wrong. Had no idea until i had a look on Utube. Has nothing to do with hubcaps.

loudbang likes this.
  18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Aussies have some pretty colourful expressions! Hoons, hooning around, the dogs danglers...Great stuff!:D

loudbang likes this.
  19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yea, but they actually ARE reversed rims. The rim is reversed on the center, the center isn't bolted on the car backwards. Splitting hairs maybe, but...

20. bchctybob

bchctybob

In the Aerospace industry, we referred to a Crescent Wrench or Adjustable Wrench as an "All Sixteenths"
    Only one guy in my group of acquaintances referred to center hubcaps as Dog Dish or Poverty Caps. He was the one always tried too hard to be hip/cool.............

21. Just got back in and #230 posts!!!!!!
    The Tylenol ain't working!!!!!!
    This is kinda like Seinfeld, a thread about nothing!!!!!!

BigDogSS likes this.
  22. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Guy from either Oz or NZ was doing some consulting where I worked, one day I overheard him talking to one of our machinery installers but wasn't sure what he said, something like "what a bunch of wankers", I asked what that meant and he said "those who jackoff".
    Wankers:eek:

loudbang likes this.
  23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

When I was a young guy, I worked in a pretty fancy restaurant as a waiter for a while, one of the cooks was a greek guy, he was always freaking out at the kitchen staff and yelling "MALAKA, MALAKA!"(sp?) I finally had to ask the owner what the hell he was talking about, he laughed and said "it means he who masturbates":rolleyes::D

loudbang likes this.
  24. We called them "many sixteenths" or many millimeters" as the occasion arose. o_O

loudbang likes this.
  25. I just made the mistake of Googling that - It tells me there is something really wrong with you ....

Well, you lost me there because the only two definitions I've ever seen of DONK is a 71-76 GM Sedan with gawd awful 30" or bigger "RIMZ" OR the Big dude in Crocodile Dundee.

I think this came about because it just sounds better to say you have a Roll Pan versus I have a Rolled Pan, just seems to flow better.

TRUTH!
    You should see all the alternative spellings and pronucictionas we get for PerTronix - Pertronics, Petronix, Petronics, ptronics and many more

No, but it is funny that the mechanic says my Motorhome has a Doghouse to cover the engine. Especially since we mainly use it to haul our show dogs.

Yeah, I suspect not. I worked in tire stores during the Wide Tire revolution and never heard that used ;) Guys just asked for "Wide Wheels" ~ but the again we don't have any tYres here ........

loudbang and falcongeorge like this.
  26. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I'm still motorin' down the road and my engine is sounding oh so sweet.

loudbang and Montana1 like this.
  27. bchctybob

bchctybob

Gotta be careful what you Google these days , eh Don? lol

loudbang and hotroddon like this.
  28. true story: one saturday, i come in from the barn at lunch time. my wife is home and i expected to smell lunch cooking.......nothing......go into the kitchen......nothing. i yell "hey what are you doing?" i hear her reply "i'm naked in bed" while dashing to join her i manage to remove my shoes shirt and am unzipped. i get to the bedroom and she is standing next to the bed, clothed and stuffing a pillow into a pillow case. she asks why i am half naked. "you said you were naked in bed" she laughs and says " i said i'm making the bed"
    bad pronunciation by her or did i hear what i wanted to hear?

loudbang, pat59, wraymen and 3 others like this.
  29. .............I think you answered your own question!:D;)

wraymen and lothianwilly71 like this.
  30. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

What do you call a whore with a runny noise?... full

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.