Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. DFWSteveFoster

DFWSteveFoster
    from DFW, Texas

Just moved to Texas after 20 plus years in Anchorage Alaska. Been to a couple swap meets and outdoor car shows in the DFW area. I've already seen more cars here in a month than up north in 10 years... (heavy salt on the road in the winter erased most old tin) I was Googling for model A stuff and ran across this site. Amazing info in the tech archive section. Looking forward to finding something to build myself...

2. nexxussian

nexxussian

Sorry we lost Ya. Im in Anchorage, and having been to several NSRA and Goodguys events stateside, I know what you mean. What possesd you to move to Texas? Aside from the weather I mean.

3. DFWSteveFoster

DFWSteveFoster
    from DFW, Texas

I recently installed the phone app and was clicking around this morning and saw your message from way back. :)

I worked for Brady / Marsh in Anchorage for 10 years and was transferring to Dallas in 2006. After I arrived the position was eliminated and a round of layoffs ensued.

My wife had 2 brothers in the area and she wanted to be somewhere warmer. We have enjoyed lining here the past 10 years.

I never did get a Model A but did pick up a 57 Ford. I have been working on it off and on but expect to have it running by the end of the year. If I can figure out posting I will create a build thread. I have gotten a lot of ideas from others on this forum.

I still own a house in Anchorage and come up from time to time. I enjoy visiting some of my old friends but don't miss the winters!