Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Model t touring hot rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HayesDesign&Restlying, Feb 10, 2017.

1. HayesDesign&Restlying

HayesDesign&Restlying

Now I did my searching for this, Google pops up 70s stuff. Here just pops up body's for sale. I think there was one in the model t gowjob thread. My question are they out there. I would like to see let's say 19..15-1925 model t touring body's on model a frames, hot rods etc. No not 26,27 touring I know there's lots of those on here. Anybody feel free to chime in with pics. Ive got my hands on a 23 the touring body or what's left of it. But I want to see some insight or inspiration to build a hot rod out of it. Specifically on a model chassis and running gear etc. Or plan b... cut it down into a bucket.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. HayesDesign&Restlying

HayesDesign&Restlying

I'm still looking, ya what pops up easily is a 26/27 touring on a model a chassis. But I want to see earlier touring body's ford to be exact. I forgot to mention. Like on a model a 28-31 chassis.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

The Hynes Tub is one of the most famous, made the cover of March 1950 Hot Rod. Bob

[​IMG]

Hudson31 likes this.
  4. HayesDesign&Restlying

HayesDesign&Restlying

I Googled that, popped up Lot more. But I realized the builds that popped up. The aft section of the tub looks like.... add on. No flow, until I see flow. I'm not impressed. Otherwise $#@& it. I'll make something different out of a 23 the touring. Fenderless. I might use my 39 flathead block and 3 speed. I like being different. Lol .

Here's a pic of stuff mocked up[​IMG]

kiwijeff and ROCKER77 like this.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Jim "Jake" Jacobs had a well known '29 Tub

6. desotot

desotot

start at 33:30

7. deucemac

deucemac

Rod, the original owner's son still drives it regularly. The last time he had it out was Gene Winfield ' s get together last October. Still running the V860 that Louie Senter built for it in 1948! Since it has been in the family longer than Rod, he calls the car his "older brother!" It has remained a class ride for 70 years and still going strong.

kiwijeff and ROCKER77 like this.
  8. Red Hynes T, plus another from the late 50s.
    Tom-red-Hynes-T-touring.jpg jpb-1951-el-mirage012.jpg jpb167.jpg jpb166.jpg jpb165.jpg

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Didn't Magoo have one or two?

10. There are several threads if you dig a little deeper

11. Normie Poo had beautiful full fendered 23-25 tub,,used in" My Mother the Car "movie

12. 22 track

22 track

13. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This was mine, during construction and completed. IMG_0343.JPG T-7.jpg

Lil'Alb, Jimmy B and kiwijeff like this.
  14. HayesDesign&Restlying

HayesDesign&Restlying

I know of them. That's why I posted this thread. Cause there not what I had hoped to see. I hoped to see a low slung hoodless, flathead V8 or pre 63 powerd t touring. But it seems there hard to come by. Not often built. Back to drawing board.

15. HayesDesign&Restlying

HayesDesign&Restlying

Lil'Alb and kiwijeff like this.
  16. HayesDesign&Restlying

HayesDesign&Restlying

The real reason for posting this thread. Is cause I'm 4" shy of 7 feet tall. I don't fit in alot of customs, even if I drop the seat. It put the passengers behind me cramped. (Family cruiser is key) a 50s truck I fit in , but that's just for me n my wife. I want a family car. So that's why I'm thinking of this. An open top touring hot rod. That I'll fit in, kinda I hope. But still enjoy the feeling... I'll figure it out. Thanks.

17. desotot

desotot

Tall T coupe?

18. ROCKER77

ROCKER77

[​IMG]
    here is a great example of a Full Custom, Hot Rod T touring. seeing how your pretty much a giant compared to me as I am vertically challenged this just seemed to be a perfect fit.. Ok on a serious note for you though, a Low slung T Touring is gonna have 1 problem for ya wanting it to be family friendly and that's gonna be a fuel tank. you want to get it nice and low so your gonna have to move the rear end up under the rear seat, so you lose that space for a tank so the next best place is that space in front of the rear seat on the floor, but there goes leg space for rear passengers. A good friend of mine is building a Touring based on the Red Hynes T I will see if I can get some pics for ya this week

HayesDesign&Restlying likes this.
  19. HayesDesign&Restlying

HayesDesign&Restlying

You're a funny guy, I was just watching herman on the tv Earlier too lol.... the idea is there but mechanically. ... ya fuel goes boom.. maybe I'll put fuel under me so no one else gets hurt lol.