Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What did you save,build, buy, sell, trade this year? 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Dec 21, 2016.

1. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I SOLD my 51 Chevrolet Business Coupe, after the nephew gave it back to me when he lost interest (I had given it to him, we built it together, and the deal was, he had to give it back when he no longer wanted it). I really did't want to sell it, but I already had too many unfinished projects as it was, and it needed a lot more work and $$$. BUT, I have a chance to buy it back, and I'm seriously considering it!!! I even discussed it with my wife, and she did't react badly at all (???); she knew how much the car meant to me. I've got TONS of SBC parts I'm probably going to be listing, so ya'll watch the classifieds for super deals in 17'. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

low budget likes this.
  2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Dino64 and low budget like this.
  3. belair_54

belair_54
    from australia

Sold my 1933 master coupe imported from Germany began life in Argentina, landed in Western Australia now lives on the opposite side of the Country in Sydney its a well travelled car. Sold it at the beginning of the year now own my favourite car a 1960 El camino which I imported in October from California.
    s-l1600.jpg

1933chevy3.jpg

4. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

image.jpg 32' grille shell I found on a friends doodle bug left for dead out in the woods.

drylakespeedshop and low budget like this.
  5. LilBlue82

LilBlue82

Started a Car Club and plan on going on our first trip soon ( see profile pic),Enrolled in Welding school for 16 months of my life, Bought a old Remline Box and repainted it and freshened it up, Bought a Top box that needed redone and thats now my mobile box / Pitt box, met Ohio George at a FE Race and reunion heck of a nice guy!!, And was givin a go kart frame with plans on putting a predator motor on it soon. Hoping this year to not only gradute welding school but get my Fox body on the road with a 302 in it for a heart...... oh and find a Job would be nice too!! :rolleyes:

school.jpg tool box 1.jpg tool box 2.jpg go kart.jpg ohio goerge.jpg

chevy57dude and low budget like this.
  6. LilBlue82

LilBlue82

Add too that I found a neat magazine that i wish they would put out more than one issue ( or is it 3 issues a year) and even started a wall of diecasts!!! rodders journel.jpg wall of diecasts.jpg

low budget likes this.
  7. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Bought this for some unknown reason. I guess I'm a sucker for a project. IMG_1358.JPG

8. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

What is this convertible??? 1941 Chevy???

low budget likes this.
  9. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Looks like a model???

10. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Yeah, it does.....I even had my glasses on, too. LOL

low budget likes this.
  11. Sold my original 64 Ford Cortina with 60k miles last autumn. It was the first car I've ever bought and I owned for over 25 years.
    But as I only drove it a few times over the last years, I decided that it was time to let it go and sold it to a good friend. Still have two other cars to keep me busy.

[​IMG]

clunker and low budget like this.
  12. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Looks like youve got plenty of cool stuff to keep you busy from lookin at your pics, This is cool, didnt see any pics of the 63 caddy.

[​IMG]

Surfcityrocker likes this.
  13. Sorry, I don't have any good pics of the Caddy. Bought it from Hamber BIGREDTODD in 2014 and the best pic was made by him. I hope he doesn't mind showing it.
    At the moment I have pulled the interior cause parts of it were shot. I hope to finish it this year.

[​IMG]

Gotgas, clunker and low budget like this.
  14. Saxxon

Saxxon

This was the year I made the jump from carbs and gas to injected on alcohol to go with the blower. What started as a want - turned into a pricey adventure. Should have it sorted out early this year and start running laps. Previous best with carbs and gas was a 10.59 / 124 in good air. Went 9.78 / 136 with a soft launch and a blown intake gasket at Byron in "ok" air. Should be fun this year
    IMG_0271.JPG

Pulled the trigger on another "want" from back in my early days. Couldn't pass on a 48 Austin truck

IMG_0328.JPG

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  15. rods29sedan2

rods29sedan2

Finished the '38 pickup...finally. Owner has received lots of show recognition with this one......that's always a nice way to finish.

Attached Files:

low budget and mkebaird like this.
  16. johnnymac1

johnnymac1

Saved some Holley glass bowl carbs, Built my project, bought an awesome shift knob
    IMG_20161109_154945176.jpg me again.jpg knob.jpg

MO_JUNK and low budget like this.
  17. Fiddle Picker

Fiddle Picker

SUNP0019.JPG build 24.JPG Started a 53 Studebaker Gasser: build 24.JPG

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    LOST ANGEL and low budget like this.
  18. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Fiddle Picker likes this.
  19. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Scored a parts car for my '57 New Yorker with a great running 392 and a perfect dash. Bonus, it's a beat up and rusty four door so no guilt in chopping it up!

Attached Files:

LOST ANGEL and low budget like this.
  20. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Rebuilt the front end, brakes, and put the rear of my dad's '64 Cadillac on air. Front is coming in 2017.

Attached Files:

low budget likes this.
  21. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Pulled the front clip and cleaned up the frame on my Chrysler.

Attached Files:

low budget likes this.
  22. Fiddle Picker

Fiddle Picker

Thanks low budget. I've always loved the early Studebaker Lowey Coupes, especially 53,54. Couldn't afford a done one, so I bought one of each on their last leg. Still enjoying the 54 and building a Gasser with the 53. Couldn't help the username, come around here looking for music and I will be on the fiddle having a ball ! ( all the cats ran away from home... wth ?)

low budget likes this.
  23. johnold1938

johnold1938
    from indiana

here's my 24 hour road trip IMG_1308.JPG power drive just two payday's and three mountain dewes. ya hoo !!

low budget likes this.
  24. johnold1938

johnold1938
    from indiana

And one for the wife. just to be fair!! IMG_1236.JPG IMG_1237.JPG

scotts52 and low budget like this.
  25. NAT WILLIAMS

NAT WILLIAMS

IMG_0969.JPG IMG_0950.JPG IMG_0744.JPG IMG_0766.JPG Sold 64 Tempest,bought and sold 55Chevy,sold 66 Nova, bought Bandolero for son and bought 62 Chevy II. IMG_0758.JPG

low budget likes this.
  26. Moatc

Moatc
    from Kc,Mo

Bought a chopped a
    Sold a 34 sedan and a model a coupe

Attached Files:

low budget likes this.
  27. jailbar joe

jailbar joe

2016 saw me get my car to this point...not far of rego now:)
    [​IMG]

low budget likes this.
  28. Two more. One build completed, the '32 and one purchased the Chevy El Camino.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[​IMG]