Register now to get rid of these ads!

1970 Fury

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cragganmore, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Cragganmore

Cragganmore

2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

3. Dont look like no traditional rod or custom to me ......

4. Big_John

Big_John
    from Upstate NY

Actually, I've owned a couple of those years ago. They are very cool cars. As for finding one in Alaska, I couldn't tell you. I've only seen about ten of them in my life and I've been around a long time. Two of them were mine.

Only a handfull were made with the six-pack set up.

Another very similar, although rearer car is the S-23. Same car only a 383 engine.

5. beatnik

beatnik

6. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Most of his posts shouldn't have been posted here, if your lookin for mopar stuff go to a mopar site....

7. Tore

Tore

Are you that narrow minded ??

8. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK I gotta chime in here...those cars and most from that time period seem to signify the end of the era that we on this board like. 1970? Hell they were still running front engine dragsters. AA/FAs were still the wild card and big attractions. Big power was king. How does something like this not fit? Hey I don't like em myself. But what were some of you doing 36 years ago? How about cars like "The Red Baron"? All that Chuck Miller wild shit? Not "traditional"? I'd beg to differ. How kool would it be to haul your vintage drag car on an open trailer behind a 69-70 station wagon or pickup? While not stuck in the days of flatheads and leadsleads, it has it's place in what we like. Maybe way at the end of our food chain, still appropriate in my opinion.

Traditional rod? Let's not be so myopic about it. I know full well what this board is about. And it sure as hell isn't about rusty hacked up Model As. Are there other places for that to go? Fuckin eh. But since we're all about old shit and days past, maybe a big old sloppy sled like that has been seen by one or two of us.

BTW, no, I haven't seen one in years.

9. RacerRick

RacerRick

10. Mutt

Mutt

Mutt

11. Cragganmore

Cragganmore

#1. Thanks to those who provided helpful/thoughtful replies.

#2. I ain't just about mopar. In fact, most mopar purists would keel over dead if they knew what I had planned for this car.

#3. Believe it or not, I read the rules here and I don't need a bunch of stuck up assholes to tell me what this board is about. I've been buried in the Internet since there has been one and if I've learned anything, it's this: "If you don't like what someone types, don't fucking read it.". Fact is, none of my posts have outright broken any of the rules here.

#4. I may still go with a '65 Fury chassis/body but *gasp* that isn't "pre-64", and I'd hate to get anybody else's panties in a bind by talking about it here. Gawd forbid. Armageddon. Hellfire and damnation. Oooo.

It's all good gents. Kick back with a cup of coffee, light up a good stogie, and fire up them rods. If you don't want me here, just tell me directly. I'll leave. Certainly don't want to piss in anybody's pond around here. I've got more respect than that and honestly... I don't need the fucking drama.

12. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

God its a pre 64 hot rod and custom board...why must everyone get so philosophical about it....its a freaking pre 64 hot rod and custom board.

Which of those two is a 70 Fury? It is that simple. Pre 64 hot rod and custom board.

My God...I dont want to step on toes...but what is SO freaking hard to understand about that????

Furthermore...I belong to Turbo Buick forums..but dont come here talking about Grand Nationals.

I belong to Apple boards, but dont come here asking which pieces of software work best with OSx...it is that simple.

It isnt "where were you in 70"...who cares what dragsters were running in 70 and where...who cares.

The board is a pre 64...eh I think I said it somewhere before...

13. Actually you haven't seen drama, you should have been on here a few years back.

What you're asking about isn't along the major intent of this board, but I don't expect that makes you a bad sort. A lot of MOPAR heads on here but we try to keep our posts to be board oriented.

Staying or leaving is your choice, if you stay you'll probably end up corrupted though. Hell you'll probably be trying to find some sort of old race car with history to stuff that B/RB into, or heaven forbid some old pice of crap you can make look lioke a custom and go fast at the same time. :D

carry on.

14. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Actually, there are alot of Mopar guys here (like me), as are Buick, Hudson, Chevy, Ford, etc. It's about going to a board that specifically asks you to only discuss the topic at hand on the board, this one being pre-'64 rods and customs. One thing you won't find here in a Mopar or Chevy guy is the "religious" type. They kind where you have to have GM lock washers on your GM car. My car has parts from almost every major manufacturer. Thats why I'm on here, it's a hot rod, not a restored '29 Essex.

You wouldn't expect to take your restored Model T to a Super Chevy show (or your 1970 Fury to a Model A show) and get everyone to oooh and ahhh about it would you?

So if you're going to post a question on here about a '70 Fury, expect to get flack.

And if your looking for sympathy "just tell me to go and I'll go," thicken your skin up and then start posting again. 'Cause there's not much sympathy on the HAMB.

15. squirrel

squirrel

as mopars go, that's a damn good lookin one....too bad pre-64 mopars are so freakin ugly!

It is OT, though.

16. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

57-59 Plym, Desoto, Dodge (and even the last one is a stretch) other than that pretty much agree lol.

17. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

'55 Savoy and '56 Royal Lancer are about it.

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Actually yes we are... now go away... :eek:

Well why didn't you comprehend what you read? And as for your buried in the Internet since there is one... you obviously know nothing of "Internet Etiquette"... :eek: You sir are an asshat deluxe... :rolleyes:

Exactly....:D

19. ~I need some Apple speed equipment~
    [​IMG]

20. Hey the '64 I got from Warpigg (soon to go back to its rightfull owner) is beautiful. Now as far as GM is concerned they hit a real stumbling block between the the end of '54 and the beginning of '56.:D

BTW I know that everyone else si in love with it but I personally think that the '70 Fury is just a big square boat.

21. squirrel

squirrel

Hey, it's ok to own an ugly vehicle...I have several 59 chevy pickups

22. Two words. Thunderbolt & Lightfoot ( ampersands don't count) although it was a '73. Stu

23. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mutt[/quote]I sure wouldn't call a '70 anything a ROD, let alone traditional"

Ok by me. All other outlooks and opinions noted as well. Maybe next time he could ask like "Looking for something OT, but..." Everything else having been said, I still haven't seen one in years.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programing:D

24. I wondered if you were awake.;)

You gonna make the trek to joplin this year?

25. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

That's some funny shit man. I can remember going to the public library when I was in Jr. High and working on an Apple like the one pictured. Double disk drives and everything. It was 5 bucks and hour to have "computer time."

Ok, I'm done. Back to 2006.

26. Stone

Stone

Buy one and use the motor and tranny. Sell the rest.

And if we can start talking about post 65 vehicles can we talk about camaros/mustangs? But aren't they considered muscle cars vs hot rods/kustoms?

The internet is full of other sites to discuss said cars. Just not here. I don't talk about minitrucks or latemodels here, just traditional rods and kustoms

27. 36 years ago? I was racin' a 312 powered '55 Vic and drivin' a 2 door '58 Merc with the Lincoln motor option.

I thought anything newer than '65 was late model and hoped to someday own a late model. When I finally did own a late model, a '68 Mustang with a later Boss 302 stuffed in the hole I got bored with it and traded it for an FE powered '56 F-100 and a 45" Harley( in a basket). It had nothin' to do with tradition and everything to do with personal preference.

There are some cool older cars from the beginning of the dark ages of hot rodding. Some I wouldn't mind owning, hell my wife owns a late model Silverado, I didn't post pictures of it anywhere, and i sure wouldn't post pics of it or ask how to find the right bolt on goodies for it here. it just isn't the place.

So what were you doing 36 years ago?:D

28. Uncle Big Bad

Uncle Big Bad

I have to agree, the car doesn't belong on this board, but.........I think it would look awesome slammed to the ground!

29. repoguy

repoguy

Here's a question: what do tattoos, dead country music stars, "rockabilly lifestyle", skateboarding, etc, have to do with traditional rodding?

Besides NOTHING.

Yet everyone is cool with those posts. But then someone posts something about an actual FAST CAR that doesn't fit the majority opinion of cool, and everyone starts crying about it. Kind of a contradiction if you ask me.

And for the record I have no beef whatsoever with those other posts. It ain't my thing, but if it's yours, cool. I'm not going to cry, pout, and throw a fit when I see a post about it.

I think that some of you feel that bashing any posts about post 64 cars somehow lifts your "traditional hot rod credentials", and that's pretty fucking lame.

So, if the ACTUAL MODERATORS don't have a problem with it, what is your beef?

30. Dude I dig the car , and I'm not A Mopar Guy .... But the rule s are the rules ! You have to draw a line in the sand or next thing we'll have coffee can racers wanting to talk about there Honda Civics ! Please understand it's NOT about being ass holes it's about keeping the board clean of any thing newer then 1964.... Thanks