Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage GNRS Drive-In RANT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6-bangertim, Jan 30, 2017.

1. uncle buck

uncle buck

Special Ed and BigDogSS like this.
  2. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

LOL!! Nailed IT !!!

3. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I don't drive early and wait to get into any event since I like to cruise when applicable and change up where I park as I cruise around. Don't even for swap meets unless I'm vending since most guys aren't unpacked to see everything anyways. Manning the gates of any event is usually a thankless task since the majority of those who need to be first are dickheads

lurker mick and BigDogSS like this.
  4. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

On the Roadster of LA Facebook page, there is a comment about Buck charging the roadsters to come in this year. They responded with, "that hasn't been decided as of yet, but if there is a charge it will be minimal". We'll see how that pans out for sure!

5. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

2 words, Adult Diapers.................

Special Ed likes this.
  6. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

I thought the Father's Day LARS was free for driver & passenger of a Roadster?? Hope to be there this year.

7. It used to be. then it went to free driver, passenger pays a year or two ago, Due to rising fairgrounds cost. Now it looks like there will be a cost for the Roadsters and Drivers. As one who has attended this show for many years, usually with a Roadster, I will gladly pay an entry fee for the best drive in show on the west coast with rich history, if that's what it takes to keep it going.

wkends, BigDogSS, clunker and 3 others like this.
  8. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

The NHRA museum parking was $30 last Friday and the lady collecting the money said that the increase was the result of the new minimum wage that went into effect 1/1/17.

9. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Well this has been an entertaining read . As one who has been a participant at most of the Drive-Ins , I'd like to share some insight . We usually meet for a leisurely breakfast around 7 AM and arrive at the pre-registered gate around 8:30 . It's normally a short wait as the gates open at 9 , not long after , we're parked , giving the cars a quick wipe down and ready for a fun relaxing day . For all of those who choose not to go next year , thanks for making it easier for the rest of us .

hotroddon, da34guy and uglysteve like this.
  10. My GNRS experience was pretty similar. I spent the morning thinking about going but my car wouldn't start and I'm about 2000 miles away. So I spent the day outside working, trying to get my car ready in like 20 degree weather, just like I've been doing for the past month or so. As I shivered my day away dreaming of palm trees and hot rods I realized I had way too much to do and would never make it in time, plus got too dark and cold to keep working so I decided to skip it. Sounds like I missed a terrible time though so I'm not too upset. Nothing I hate more than showing up 4 hours early to a show and having to wait to take a piss. Oh well....Maybe next year!

uncle buck, hotroddon and j3harleys like this.
  11. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Must not have ever had kidney stones or drove a truck for a living? Always keep an empty 16 or 2o oz bottle in the vehicle, never know when the urge to go will hit, how hard, and if there is anywhere to go! Going "against the wall over there" might end up with your donkey in the pokey for indecent exposure in a public place! :eek:

j3harleys likes this.
  12. j3harleys

j3harleys

Never Ever! drink that bottle of Apple juice that's in my KW