Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lurked long enough

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Hang'emHigh, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

I've lurked here for years after joining. And apparently forgot to do an intro, oops. I hail from South Central PA. Car nut for life, which is quite a while. I enjoy the drag racing end of things with a weakness for gassers. Living where we do, I've been to the Jalopy Showdown since the beginning. As well as the Jalopy Drags and many other events. Don't know that I can add a bunch of info here. But anytime I can I will. Current ride is a '61 Ranchero which is just about roadworthy. Hope to see some road and strip time this year!

2. Welcome.........seems strange since you've been here for 7 yrs! Need some more pics of the Ranchero. Looks pretty awesome...................................See you at the Showdown.............Don.

3. Hello and Welcome to the H.A.M.B. enjoy your ride... I thing you have been.....

Hang'emHigh and wraymen like this.
  4. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

Thanks gentlemen! I haven't posted much about the car here due to it not being 100% period correct. That being said, I built it to 1968 spec's generally. Funny thing is one of the non-correct parts is causing me major grief. Damn Demon carbs, lol.

This is how I bought it from my brother. Nephew is in the pic.
    Stock Ranchero 001- RESIZED.jpg DSCN1539- RESIZED.JPG
    This is it now, more or less.

As I looked for pics to upload, I realized I don't have any good full exterior shots. And none of the interior as it sits now.

Lon

5. droppedstepside

droppedstepside
    from new jersey

Your ranchero is looks just about perfect to me. I would like to hear
    more about it, like engine, trans, suspension. Maybe a few more pictures as well.

Hang'emHigh and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Yes it is cool as hell, see you at the Showdown.

7. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

Thanks guys! I'll post up a couple more pics. I won't be making the Showdown this year. Some friends and I are headed to Steel In Motion to catch the show and meet the Southeast Gassers. Not sure if I'm taking the car or not. It'll be all over PA and MD though.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

As I stated earlier, I don't have any good full exterior pics. Guess I should take some when I get it out next time, damn cold weather sucks. Road salt everywhere.

Resized DSCN0611.jpg

Resized DSCN1599.jpg

Gammz, wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Bad-ass Ranchero!

lothianwilly71 and Hang'emHigh like this.