Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Speedway Motors customer appreciation day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JOECOOL, Jan 20, 2017.

1. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

For those of you that live close to Lincoln Ne. one of the fun days has always been the open house at Speedway Motors in Lincoln Ne. It was always fun to touch and play with all the stuff I couldn't really afford. You could watch them torture engines on the dyno all day long ,watch the machine shop make items out of chunks of steel and aluminum. The huge machining centers were neat to watch.The museum is always outstanding ,and throw in a food feast for free. More catalogs than you can read, and if you want, look thru the discount stuff at the garage sale area.
    Good deal huh? Well this year they are not doing it ,concentrating on sale items over the internet. I'm sure they don't care what I think but I for one will miss the old way. It was a nice winter break every year.

firebrrat likes this.
  2. firebrrat

firebrrat
    from Payson Az

That sounds really fun! Next year I'm taking my 80 year old dad to hershey for the swap meet and on the way back to az was going to stop at speedway and take him to the museum. I hear it's really good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Lilred36

Lilred36

The museum is amazing, and alot to take in, but worth it. You won't regret the time spent.

4. firebrrat

firebrrat
    from Payson Az

Thanks. I heard that after October 1 it's only open on Mondays is that true?

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

There's a link to the American Museum of Speed on the Speedway Motors site that has hours as well as info on making reservations for tours. Been there five times and there's always something new and different.

6. j3harleys

j3harleys

I think Monday and Friday afternoons in the winter. I was there a couple months ago. It Was not enough time for me to really enjoy it. It would take a couple full days at least, for me to take it all in. For me its one of the coolest place I have ever been. Every one should go. I will be going back in the summer for For a longer vist.

stanlow69 likes this.