Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I just lost my best Hot Rod Buddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AngleDrive, Jan 17, 2017.

1. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I just received a phone call that Charlie Broadbent passed today. At the moment I am very distraught over his passing because of the friendship we had and fun we had growing up working on Hot Rods together. I'm going to miss you Charlie. IMG_0618.JPG

mgtstumpy likes this.
  2. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

I am sorry for your loss.None of us have very many real friends and losing one is tough.

clunker and bobg1951chevy like this.
  3. hedg12

hedg12

Sorry AngleDrive. We'll keep you in our prayers.

4. Lifelong friends are few and far between. Sorry for your loss.

5. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

you can tell he was a hotrodder, LOOK AT THAT COUPE! sorry bud, think of the good times.

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere sympathy goes out to you, & all of his friends - especially to his Family

7. Sucks when ya loose a good friend....sucks worse when he's your best friend and your hot rod buddy....

Love the wheel chock..i have same type from work for my fiat topolino.... sorry to hear about your loss 20170117_215839_Burst01.jpg

mad mikey likes this.
  8. Sorry for your loss man.

9. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

May your friend rest in peace and may you live every day for the both of you! Pedal to the metal OP!

10. I am truly sorry for the sudden loss of your close friend,it is hard to except the empty feeling and the racing thoughts of all the adventures & experiences you shared and know you can't pick up the phone and call him.

When my pal Randy Nash passed away I lost a man that was more a brother than a fiend,life will go on but there will be a void.

Prayers for the family and friends. HRP

11. ricofan68

ricofan68
    from Austin, TX

12. Harms Way

Harms Way

Way too much of this happening,.... My most heartfelt sympathy...

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to you and the Broadbent family and friends on the loss of Charlie. Sounds like you guys shared the good times over a great many years. Your sense of loss is understood Angle.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  14. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

15. Sorry for your loss. Prayers go out to him.Bruce.

16. Loosing a true friends is devastating for us humans because it's so hard to find them.
    My prayers are with you and your friends other loved ones

17. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I feel for you. I have lost several very close friends and it is always the worst events you go through in life
    That's why we have to enjoy every day like it's your last and when we lose some remember to enjoy the ones we have left.

18. wicarnut

wicarnut

Sorry for your loss and condolences to his family.

19. catdad49

catdad49

Mighty tuff deal, but lots of good times to remember. Prayers for you and Charlie! Next time you talk to him, tell him that he had a hell of a Hot Rod!

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers going out to his family and friends. Bob

21. Very sorry to hear this. Its one of the greatest things in life to have a friend like that, and one of the worst things, to lose them. RIP Charlie.

22. dan31

dan31

Sorry to hear of your loss,true blue friends are damn hard to find

23. RODIST

RODIST

24. southcross2631

southcross2631

Don't feel sorry . Celebrate the good memories and you will always have him riding with you when you take your hot rod out. Now go there and do a burnout for good old Charlie. He would not want you to be sad over him.

25. Pete

Pete

So sorry to hear. Losing a best friend is very hard.

26. papastrk

papastrk

Thoughts and prayers go out to family and his friends. Losses such as this leave a wound that only the fond memories can heal. So sorry for your loss. Hang on to those memories.

27. So sorry for your loss....good memories help ease the pain....and think of them often

28. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

So sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my best friend (a car guy) just over 2 months ago. I think about him every day. Keep in mind all the good times you have had together.

29. I knew Charlie too, and was very saddened to hear this.

59BuickWagon likes this.
  30. Sorry for your loss...