Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What is the Best Wax?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothianwilly71, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Just wanted to see what everyone is using to wax their cars with? I have well water I dry it after washing then use spray on it does ok but looking for some new ideas or new products.
    Thanks..

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. I use JAX Wax. I really like how well it goes on and rubs off, seems to last well. Gives a real nice shine. Cant buy it locally, so i get it from Jegs.

3. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

4. Meguiar's
    NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

81Xyv4g0m+L._SL1500_.jpg

dan31, 29bowtie and lothianwilly71 like this.

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I prefer the kind that someone else puts on. But I have used that ^^^^ stuff and applied it with a dual action polisher on speed 2 or 3, black foam bonnet, remove with micro fiber (rip off the tags) in straight lines, resist the urge to use Mr. Miyagi's wax off method.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I really like the Eagle 1 products. Their spray on detailer stuff is the bomb when it comes to 'in between' waxings.

7. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I use Eagle 1 Nano wax applied with a PC dual action polisher and soft foam applicator.
    Remove with a new micro fiber towel. In between I use Lucas Slick Mist speed wax.
    The paint on my '57 is 32 years old and still looks great. At least I think so! 002.JPG
    KK

8. Very hard to beat Mothers Gold paste...

falcongeorge likes this.
  9. Like AJAX, used for years.
    IMG_3835.JPG

10. slowmotion

slowmotion

Back when my DD's were wax worthy, I really liked Johnson's "The Treatment" especially on black. Shined like the proverbial diamond in a goat's bunghole. Didn't last for shit though...
    Wifey's DD gets NuFinish twice a year, durable & cheap (like me). My son's like that NXT stuff pictured above^^^. Easy on & off, looks damn good. My two-wheeler gets a good rubbin' of Moose Wax Hand Glaze couple of times a season. Usually use 3M pink or Finesse It on the OT ride. Anyone else remember when Kit was the shit? :D

11. carl.p

carl.p
    from grimsby uk

12. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Take a look at autogeek.com. Lots of options in sealers, cleaners, applying, and waxes. I use a product called Rejex after a good cleaning.

13. ZAINO

Not the cheapest but absolute best for a show car finish. Plus super easy to apply.
    Not a wax but a chemical coating which is easy to apply. Results are a finish which looks like fresh clear coat. Lasts about 6 months. I have used Zaino on my Italian sports car for about 20 years as about half that community is sold on it. A big endorsement for one product.

https://www.zainostore.com/

Reviews:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=zaino+reviews

14. oj

oj

Jaxs' wax, I'm a proud dealer of it. They're aluminum/chrome polish is the best and I bought in the product line just for that.

15. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I have used a polish called Astro Shield and have had good results. I have always used a good quality past wax and have always liked it also. There is no substitute for elbow grease. Does anybody know where to get a good supply of that?;)

16. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

17. Our own late 3WLARRY liked Clearkote wax back in the day.

I'm sure Larry is cussin' me now for posting this photo. HRP
    "God will get you for that Danny" I 3wLarry
    09262014.jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  18. Gman0046

Gman0046

For my DD's I really like the Eagle 1 wax product you spray on when the car is wet and then dry it. What could be easier. For my old cars I usually get Mothers liquid wax as its easy to put on and off.

Gary

19. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

BEST ...ah mm --- skip that 1200.00 white paste , ya nice but
    out a my purchasing power...

so i LIKE Mothers pure (yellow) paste 05550 <- part number

DON't forget this type of wax in ment for the ALREADY clean surface...
    it you use it on top of birdshit, it will be preserving that birdshit for you ...lol

i see the(some) TOP dogs apply there wax with their BARE hands...?... WHAT!
    and i've seen some ( eccentrics ) use some soft white cotton gloves ,
    (that appear to be SOAKED in wax) to apply there wax.

20. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

21. That is a lot of good products I will have to try them all. Thanks For the help...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  22. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

its the best for your STICK

Special Ed likes this.
  23. DdoubleD

DdoubleD
    from Michigan

24. wicarnut

wicarnut

Turtle wax, black box cleaner/polish for my black cars, 1X in spring, use Wizard detailer spray mist through summer to maintain gloss. Other cars I like Maguire's and Mother's cleaner wax, both good products IMO. Some of my friends are using the new style, wipe on/let dry, no buffing, they say it is good. Also polish makes it shine, wax protects shine, so I usually polish for max shine and do not wax on my hobby cars as wax builds up and you have to strip it off with a cleaner type polish, the build up makes the finish cloudy.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  25. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. lothianwilly71 likes this.
  27. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Carnauba is the "stuff" in all good wax, no? The price has really gone off the charts. It seems to last a long time have a can purchased years ago and it's still good.

28. HiHelix

HiHelix

[​IMG]

29. lothianwilly, I have well water here too. So I usally take mine to the car wash. Bruce.

Montana1 likes this.
  30. pastlane

pastlane

Collinite insulator wax is the best stuff I've ever used. They have been making wax since 1936 so it's traditional as well.