Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Model T Gow Job pictures, Lets see what you got!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by kidzintha34fodor, Jan 8, 2017.

1. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know if mine exactly fits the "gow" mold or not. Original T-speedster body on a Model A frame, with plenty of later '30s parts thrown in. A work in progress.
    mockup4.JPG

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    Outback, Lil'Alb, Stogy and 11 others like this.
  2. lahti35

lahti35

Love it!

What headlights are those? I'm still trying to decide on the style for my speedster....

camistheman and ClarkH like this.
  3. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

That is a fantastic picture! If I'm not mistaken, the young man is wearing a pair of leather gaiters for added ''sporty special'' attire....I have a pair of WWl of similar design I've been holding onto, ....I like "the look":D---------- th.jpg

Outback and camistheman like this.
  4. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I love gow jobs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is one cool little rod.

Lil'Alb, Stogy, oldsjoe and 10 others like this.
  5. flyin-t

flyin-t

This picture makes me want to build another T... full fender roadster racing at the old Ascot raceway in the late '20s. The #7, #8 and the roadster to the left of the flagman's arm all appear to be running Buff style knock off wires, ironically the only late model T, #6 which could have been ordered with wire wheels is running wood spokes like a few of the others.
    Dropped axles, raised rear cross members, chopped windshield stanchions (#8) these guys had the look. Hell they invented it.

Radiator and grill shell on # 7 looks to be sectioned.

The cap and scarf (might be something in the background) the driver in #8 is wearing gives him the look of a flying skull radiator ornament.

1-8-3.JPG

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Stogy, oldsjoe, HotRodRyan and 7 others like this.
  6. flyin-t

flyin-t

These roadsters were almost new when they were lowered and chopped. Found the picture in an old Model club newsletter from the early 60s from a members personal photo album. Picture dates from 1925ish. cutdownts.jpg

Outback, Lil'Alb, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  7. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ha, wish I could answer that. The lights were a random find. I was told maybe '39 Chev truck, but there was a thread about a similar lights in which guys said no, not Chev.

camistheman likes this.
  8. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

If I ever have the opportunity to build another car (fingers crossed)....it's gonna be a gow job!!! Just something about them little cars that puts me in a ''good place'' frame of mind! I think they are awesome....and ya' can't help but smile at the simplicity of it all:D 603034.jpg

9. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

10. mike bowling

mike bowling

here's a couple................

Attached Files:

Stogy, oldsjoe, volvobrynk and 7 others like this.
  11. camistheman

camistheman

12. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Outback, volvobrynk, oldsjoe and 10 others like this.
  13. dwollam

dwollam

upload_2017-1-16_20-14-13.png Here is an old picture of my '16 T. w/b 6 1/2" longer, rear of frame Z'd, dropped spring, suicide front spring perch. Now has a narrowed teens or earlier wrap around double seat with '16 or so turtle deck. One behind it is a '24 DB Roadster.

Stogy, oldsjoe, biggeorge and 5 others like this.
  14. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    If this isn't the best example of the word/person Cool, I don't what is.....

15. flyin-t

flyin-t

This picture reminds me of my grandpa who was 20 in '24 and he and his brother both bought new roadsters and then went over to Western Auto and bought 4 valve Rajo heads for them. He use to tell me how they would go camping/hunting and find a nice spot on the road, ask the farmers permission, and pitch a camp. Shoot a rabbit and have dinner.
    Said that head really woke up that T but wasn't as fast as a stock A and he bought one in '28. I still have the payment book from it. He was a mechanic during the 20s in Hollywood at the White Garage and was Ken Maynard's (a silent cowboy star) personal mechanic as well. Maynard would have his car, I think he said he had a Cadillac roadster ?, serviced every week including fresh oil. Grandpa would take that used oil and put in in his roadster, lol.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Stogy and oldsjoe like this.
  16. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

That is very interesting!....Ken Maynard was quite a cowboy movie star back in the day and had a prominent fan-base of followers.... and really enjoyed most anything that had an 'adventure' aspect to it, whether it was horses, sailing, airplanes, motorcycles, or various cars. That is cool about your grandfather being his mechanic at one time! Not sure many people these days would know who Ken Maynard was, unless they were into old timey westerns....but, thought I'd post a pic for those who are curious....apparently, he sure loved his various cars with a huge passion! wt25_maynard_circustrailer.jpg 253241-1000-0.jpg

dwollam and flyin-t like this.
  17. Grandfather\'s hot rod a.jpg My Grandfather and his project car. Talk about working with what you've got. I think the chassis is T.

Outback, Lil'Alb, Stogy and 7 others like this.
  18. lahti35

lahti35

Love it! These home made go jobs are my #1 favorites.

volvobrynk likes this.