Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Classified Ad Rant!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GordonC, Jan 9, 2017.

1. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This rant might get deleted but whatever...

Why do folks put an ad up in the classified section on this site and then do nothing when someone contacts them about buying the item listed! Emailed on a car 3 hours after it was posted, sent my phone number, requested more info/photos on the car, and a phone number to call. Informed seller I have cash waiting. Called the number provided and left a message. Sent two additional emails over the course of two days. Still nothing!

I know this is a hobby but WTF! If you post it for sale be prepared to sell the damn item! If you underpriced the item and get more interest then you thought you would and are having second thoughts on the price, then tough shit! You put the price on it deal with it. If you get so many requests that you can't respond to all of them sell the item to whomever you want and pull the frigging ad or note it as sold! Either way at least have the balls to let people know what the hell your doing. This bullshit of ignoring potential buyers for some reason they will never know is for children.

Also, your putting an ad on a site that is viewed around the world for Christ sakes, don't you think a potential buyer of a car is going to want more than just a single photo of a side shot of the car! Who in their right mind buys a car 5 states away, or further in some cases, based simply on 1 photo and not a lot of information!

This has happened here more times than I care to recall and I am tired of it!

Rant over, move along!

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Maybe stuck in Winter storm and lost power & cell service. Or found out that it is much easier to place an ad than actually follow through on selling. Or maybe just likes messing with people. Or was hit by a train. Or...

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kbgreen, czuch, dana barlow and 4 others like this.
  3. Worse yet is the ones who want to sell a $35K car and don't even post a picture at all!!:confused:

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or never marks an ad sold.....

5. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL! No car for me! I love it!:)

hotrodharry2 and iwanaflattie like this.
  6. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I hate when they don't post pictures of the items that they are selling. And some say that they will post pictures later? You already lost me as an interested buyer.

7. Problem would disappear if Ryan charged for the ads...freebie shit is always like that,

8. Or bumps it to the top of the list when it's sold
    Man that frosts my ass-- because that's were your sold item needs to be at the top ahead of everyone else. Inconsiderate Idiots

slack, The37Kid, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  9. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

I answered a want add on here, had the part they wanted. Nothing. Must be infested with craigs list people

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    slack and 32pdx like this.
  10. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

Patience, grasshopper. You may be addicted to the HAMB and log in ten times a day. I know lots of people who only even turn on their computers once a week. My guess is that the seller is one of these.

11. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I fed my daughter lunch today. She is a beautiful, intelligent woman of 32. She is funny, smart and sassy. I fed her lunch because she cannot feed herself. She was paralyzed from the neck down in a car wreck 6 years ago. She cannot do anything for herself. She can't feed herself, dress herself, take care of her toilet needs, etc. She talks sometimes about trying to remember what it was like to walk, to be able to hop in her Jeep and go somewhere, anywhere, listening to music and enjoying life. She would love to be able to work, to have a job.

So I try not to let little things bother me. Most of what we allow ourselves to get bent out of shape over aren't really worth the anger. They aren't. Trust me.
    [​IMG]

Poh, jackalope, 48fordnut and 95 others like this.
  12. 19Fordy

19Fordy

God Bless your daughter and you.
    Surely, she is a saint on this earth.
    You are a million percent correct.

13. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Arkie,
    Your response really puts the important things in prospective. God Bless your family. PJ

14. Any time you post, it'll bump it back to the top. Agreed, I see a lot of ad's that are bumped to the top, because the seller has commented on the ad saying sold. It bugs me, but that bugs me less than sellers who don't indicate sold at all.

I always edit my original post to indicate sold, so it won't bump the thread up.

lewk, falcongeorge and chevy57dude like this.
  15. jvpolvere1

jvpolvere1

No car for you.
    Come back 1 year!

Seriously, the posting member is spot on. Same has happened to me a few times.

It pisses you off, but you get over it. On the other hand, the seller has to live with his stupidity forever. As Winston Churchill told the woman who complained he was drunk;

"You are correct, Madam, I am drunk. But tomorrow I will be sober. You, on the other hand, will still be ugly".

Sent from my SM-T377V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

vetteguy402 likes this.
  16. Arkie, I still remember when that happened. I am glad you are there to take care of her, a lot of people would of stuck her in a nursing home. Family should stick together no matter what. By the way are you still banging around in your Nomad???Take care Bruce.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  17. What gets me is {AND NOT ON THIS WEBSITE} is when they have the car still on a TRAILER for sale and take the picture and say its in good running shape. REALLY ?????How hard is it to back off a trailer and then take the picture?. Rant over too. LOL. Bruce.

18. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...too true!

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  19. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

What about the people that say that they are coming to look at your car and don't show up

20. truth, blew me away and really wakes you up.

21. kooldeuce

kooldeuce

22. verde742

verde742

Well, if people would touch the avatar and start a conversation, OR better yet, the old fashion way, a telephone call? Maybe a few things would go smoother..

need louvers ? likes this.
  23. verde742

verde742

MOTHER AND DAUGHTER? BOTH ARE BEAUTIFUL, AND I SHOULD KNOW, I HAVE 4 BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTERS AND ONE BEAUTIFUL WIFE !!

24. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

dana barlow likes this.
  25. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Arkie, good looking family and as previously mentioned god bless you.

harpo1313 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  26. Arki there's a special place in heaven for you and your wife. A true definition of love.

mgtstumpy, mad mikey and Johnboy34 like this.
  27. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

So ... is it unoffensive to everyone if I add "Please Delete" to ads that don't sell & bump ?

28. rush549

rush549
    from Kansas

I hate to tell you this. But I guess no one else is going to. And believe me, everyone knows. I mean everyone. It's cause your... from... North Carolina. There, I said it. I know it stings. But it had to be done.
    If you want any attention, don't be from North Carolina.

29. Where do you buy the special "smeared with KY jelly" type lens that some people insist on taking a photograph with?
    And do they STILL make 2 watt light bulbs? They are the only light required.

dana barlow and metlmunchr like this.