Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration * * * * * W E L C O M E 2 0 1 7 Friday ART SHOW * * * * *

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spoggie, Jan 5, 2017.

1. 170106\'60chrykstm-copy.jpg Have a HOT & KUSTOM New Year..

Kouple 'a' inks on paper. These are of a series of things I am knocking out on Fridays..

'Dragscot' & 'New York GT'

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    pwschuh, Animal, hrm2k and 26 others like this.
  2. Now, where was I...??
    Righto, a couple of pix from Kiwi events over the last year...
    Have a solid 2017 everyone!

IMG_7672_A4polobworthdrirlogo.jpg IMG_6257polobwortsoftcphdrbrtglowlogo.jpg IMG_7733_A4polohdrortbrthdrtntbrtcontlogo250.jpg

Animal, hrm2k, Rustomiser and 23 others like this.
  3. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Sometimes things happen that are just cool. When my grandson was about ten I did this for him. He is seventeen now and is living with us (long story). This is one of the things he has displayed in his room.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    D-Russ, Animal, hrm2k and 24 others like this.
  4. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

5. Mark A

Mark A
    from Michigan

First one of the YEAR.!! Have a good one Everybody... 49 shoebox1.jpg ozzy4.jpg

Jessie J., Animal, Merlin and 30 others like this.
  6. Hello all, Happy new year.
    I also have a couple of photos to share.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is a big key I made.

[​IMG]

Thanks alot.

D-Russ, tinsled, Animal and 22 others like this.
  7. Frogz

Frogz

8. Happy New !!

Salvaged a large shipping crate with 4' x 8' 3/4 plywood sides. Everyone was asking what I was going to do with it. So here is a start. The letters are laser cut but the base pieces are cut from the plywood using a table saw and band saw.

Roadmaster is about 39" long

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Garage sign is about 36" long
    [​IMG]

pwschuh, D-Russ, Animal and 19 others like this.
  9. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

10. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-1-6_4-22-50.png upload_2017-1-6_4-23-3.png
    Hello, (in yearly order from my drawing book: 1968)

When we were first living in our small 700 sq ft. apartment, we rented it empty. So, we had to be creative with our spending on furniture. It seemed like making furniture would be so much less than buying store bought stuff. There was one store we would have purchased everything, but it was way out of our price range. (Frank Bros in LB)

The above art was drawn because we did not have enough money to buy ready made tables and shelves for our stereo and record player. I drew these designs, first, before we went out scouring the old marine scrap yards in Wilmington, near Lions Dragstrip. The long hatchcover(s) fit in the back of the 1965 El Camino like a long, surfboard and with a few red flags, we were legal.
    upload_2017-1-6_4-25-11.png (the other two fit on the floor of the bed)
    The easiest shelf was a long hatchboard cover, a smaller one was used on top for the record player. They were all mounted on large blocks of concrete blocks donated from the local construction site where my friend worked. Finally, I cut up a larger, wider cover to make an end table. (including making a new hole and attaching the other metal band on the square table top.) The big blocks of a wood were the scraps from rafter beams for wide openings. We decided that one long hatchcover and one small one was better than three small table builds for the stereo receiver, record player and tape player.

Several hours of scraping and sanding, using a resin/catalyst combo and a steady paint brush did the job of leaving a protective layer on top of the hatchcovers. It paid off being a self sufficient surfer with plenty of hours of surfboard repair and construction. Wa---lah--- An end table for the corner and two hatchcovers for our stereo and record player.
    upload_2017-1-6_4-30-57.png upload_2017-1-6_4-31-12.png upload_2017-1-6_4-31-25.png (LP records, huge soft pillows, nice speakers, fun small dog…all the makings of a great first apartment)

The plastic 5 sided lamp got as far as small, wire clamps in the holes. It was a nightmare to align all of the pieces and to get them all to stay in a square box shape. upload_2017-1-6_4-33-45.png
    The steel “I” beam supports for any table got as far as the automobile scrap yard and the weight of each one. They were too expensive and too heavy. Finally, the triangular shaped wooden supports did work, but I did not want to screw them into the bottom of the table size hatchcover for stability, so they met the firewood stack.

With little money, ideas that worked and some that didn’t made life a challenge for the newly wed, cash poor, couple. But, $80/month was ok for rent on a one bedroom apartment…it was our first. But our poor 65 El Camino and 60 Corvair had to be parked outside and took the brunt of the So Cal weather.(salt air, fog, rain, wind, and flying sand/dirt)

Jnaki

Our first Christmas together in 1968 was pretty outstanding in that little apartment.

Animal, robber, Mark A and 7 others like this.
  11. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

One from Flash-O-Light studio. 20170101_002905.jpg

Animal, Stogy, Jigger and 11 others like this.
  12. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bonneville 34 pencil.jpg Bonneville 34.JPG 32 5 window skyline.jpg Did one in pencil then got wild idea to try it in ink. That led to another in ink...does it ever stop?

Animal, Merlin, Jigger and 22 others like this.
  13. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

Hey Bob, love the James Dean coupe! \'39 Chrysler woody.jpg

D-Russ, Animal, Merlin and 24 others like this.
  14. Here's a new rendering I've been working on:

[​IMG]

Animal, hrm2k, Merlin and 19 others like this.
  15. ...nice stuff again today,...I like that some of you guys recycle materials into something useful,...here's some of my older stuff from the 80's...
    fri art 106.jpg fri art 105.jpg fri art 104.jpg

D-Russ, Animal, Merlin and 24 others like this.
  16. Great start for 2017 everyone. It been a busy week, so I hadn't had time to do a drawing. I'll try and do one before the end of the day.{ selectedgrub}I like that service station. The 38 International pickup, 291.jpg reminds me of my nephews. Here is an old drawing of his. Thanks Ron...

17. sololobo

sololobo

grest stuff kids, really admire the repurposing furniture!

18. gene-koning

gene-koning

As promised last week, the latest Desk Top Art Work # 128, COE tilt bed!
    Its 15" long, 5 1/2" wide, and 4 3/4 " high. The tilt bed is 10" long between the "winch" and the end, and is 5" wide between the rails. The rails are a 1/2" off the bed. Most of my previous models will probably fit on the bed. There is an attached support post (that has been added since the pictures were taken) to hold the bed in the upright position, if desired. This was an ordered model, but the guy that ordered it has flaked, so it is up for grabs. Look for a posting shortly in the classifieds.

The last 2 pictures have Art Work # 127 sitting on it for a reference. It is also available.
    Hope the New Year brings good health and prosperity to everyone. Gene

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      83.5 KB
      Views:
    • 021.JPG
      021.JPG
      File size:
      69.8 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      73.4 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      80.5 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      79.5 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      68 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      86.6 KB
      Views:
    • 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      78.6 KB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      77.9 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      79 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      62.3 KB
      Views:
    D-Russ, Animal, Frogz and 22 others like this.
  19. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

20. choptop4

choptop4

Made the first piece year ago. Just starting on the next one. There will be 3or 4 bikes in this one .Making plans for some old indy cars next.

Attached Files:

mrquickwhip, Animal, Frogz and 19 others like this.
  21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Since artsy photos are welcome, 47 Super Clipper posed in front of local early Craftsman house, tailored for proper effect, I hope:
    IMG_20161029_144830908.jpg

22. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thanks Bill ....that Woody drawing of yours is cool and that ride would look great in my garage.

23. Maybe a little help. I took this photo of a portion of my art wall in my garage. I know Rusty you did the one for me , like 27 years ago. Did you see my coupe in a mag? I really liked it and its has been on my wall all those years. But just wondering the story behind it. Thanks for it, and still sharing your art with us. I will try and take a close up of it too. thanks 039.jpg Ron...

24. Here it is. Thanks Ron... 005.jpg

Animal, JimC, Merlin and 17 others like this.
  25. chriseakin

chriseakin

Wow!

26. Today was our first snow fall. So I backed the delivery out for a F.A.S. photo! 011.jpg 012.jpg

Animal, Frogz, MikeRogers and 17 others like this.
  27. brasshead

brasshead
    from indiana

28. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

DETAIL.jpg GARY\'S GARAGE.jpg What do you do when it's 2 degrees outside???? Get out the one shot paint. I borrowed this design from the "Larry's Hotwheel's package" Gary

D-Russ, Animal, Merlin and 18 others like this.
  29. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Basshead I have a 7UP cooler like that, still in rough original paint. I've been using it to haul cleaning materiel's in for years. That is very cool nice work! Joe

Jigger and 57 Corvette ~ Bob like this.