Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Don't know about you guys but I'm ready for 2017!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 30, 2016.

1. This past year has been rough and I'm ready to get it behind me,with the freak accident,the surgery that followed and the intense physical therapy that had me laid up and the passing of my old pal Larry Roller I'm ready for a clean slate.

My new years resolution ,no more broken bones! HRP

Gotgas, Bubba1955, ffr1222k and 16 others like this.
  2. Just two more days Danny..hope we all make it.

3. Gman0046

Gman0046

I feel the same way as Danny. During 2016 more of my friends have passed on and several others have been diagnosed with some very serious medical conditions then anytime in my life. I guess thats a function of getting older. Wishing everyone a prosperous and healthy 2017.

Gary

4. I agree Happy New Year HRP and to everyone on the HAMB !! Hobo Jim

ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.

5. Tony

Tony

Right with you Danny.
    Just got back from a friends funeral a couple hours ago.
    Went to sleep on the 23rd and just didn't wake up the next morning.
    Hoping for a 2017 that's filled with good health and good times for all you guys, and myself!

Tony

6. As we grow older, it seems we must grow braver, as well.
    Losing relatives, friends, acquaintances ..... the list of those departed gets longer.
    As we look around, in a once crowded room, we find more "space".
    Raise your glass, be healthy, be happy, cherish each day, every day !
    Happy New Year to the H.A.M.B. community.
    Thanks for sharing your time and thoughts with me.
    CHEERS !

ladyhrp, warbird1, traffic61 and 12 others like this.
  7. wicarnut

wicarnut

Have to agree with you, 2016 has been a terrible year, health wise for my wife, prognociss is good and praying for the best and much better 2017. Health issues, a part of aging that we all hope is way down the road, but it seems to catch up with us, ready or not. Wishing Everyone a Happy, Healthy New Year !

ladyhrp, Legends47, traffic61 and 4 others like this.
  8. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Yes, I hope the hamb threads have more substance in the new year.....

Gotgas, thirtytwo, ladyhrp and 2 others like this.
  9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

my health has been totally screwed up the last two months, I have been knocked flat since Oct. And I'm relatively young. I hope it's better for everyone in the new year.

ladyhrp, Legends47 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  10. teejay99

teejay99

Yeah , 2016 sucked for many reasons and I do look forward to '17 although I'll be having knee replacement surgery .....I'll be a little bitchy for a few weeks I suppose .

11. Doug51

Doug51

I'll second that and just say I wish everyone and their family good health and good fortune in this new year. Happy New Year to you and yours. Doug S.

12. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

The years just seem to be goin' faster and faster (2016 went by like a flash!!!)......I am learning to 'slow down' and not be so aggressive in life, and NOT make an issue so much a headache more than it should be, big or small ...that old ''charge ahead'' mentality, which is something I really need to change! Can't physically (or mentally) keep up the momentum I used to have anyways, and I used to get so frustrated, but....I'm learning to move to a different beat....so, for 2017 I will really try to ''stop and smell the roses'' more.

I've figured out that life doesn't have any guarantees, and if I can keep some of the daily ''contentment'' and a "kind regard'' for others,... my outlook ''fits better'',...the stuff usually always gets done....maybe not as fast as it used to, but it still gets done...plug ahead at a suitable pace, and enjoy the day (there is ALWAYS something to smile about if I look hard enough)....I've had some tough times this year, so it's been a test of wills to be sure.

I'm looking forward to 2017....and if my mind, heart, and outlook is okay and a bit more forgiving....I'll keep sharing my time & efforts to those who may care to share in it.

I very much wish everyone on the HAMB a happy New Years .....with a hearty wave from my garage!:D

Gotgas, loudbang, RODIST and 8 others like this.
  13. I agree to the statement that 2016 was a rough year. For me it was, for several reasons. I wont get into that . I will say this, Happy New Year to all on the HAMB, you have brought me advise, and enjoyment for a long time. You HAMBERS mean more to me then you know, thank you and have a safe and great holiday.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

loudbang, ladyhrp, traffic61 and 6 others like this.
  14. Yep, I am right there with you Danny. This has been the worst year of my life if my old mind can recall all of them. I lost some good friends, a family member, three surgeries that kept me inactive most of the year and I still have problems. Then the fiasco going on in this country is finally come to an end...I hope.
    Good riddance. My New Year's resolution is to survive at least one more year.
    Here is hoping that 2017 is better to us all than 2016 was. Lets work on it.....

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

The year flew by, sure do miss the friends that passed on this year, but overall it was a good year. Got to check the GNRS and Pebble Beach off my Bucket List, and start collecting parts for another project. Grandkids are great, 2017 should be a great year. Happy New Year! to everyone on the HAMB! Bob

16. Gman0046

Gman0046

Raiman1959, great post and and definitely something I need to do going forward.

Gary

ladyhrp, HOTRODPRIMER and Raiman1959 like this.
  17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

So, the general consensus is, we have all reached that age where getting older is only slightly better than the alternative? :eek::p

18. Could not agree any more.
    New Years resolution , make each day count, so you don't look back and wish you had.

ladyhrp, traffic61, mad mikey and 4 others like this.
  19. Shit, I came as close as you get to croakin' with the October 1st heart attack. But I'm actually in better shape going out of 2016 than going in. I feel good these days. Working on the Ford (just bought parts today) and thinking about expanding the garage.

Got a few demons off my back with the loss of my wife in 2014. I had to come to terms with a few things that will move me in a positive direction in 2017. A close car guy friend of mine also had a close call, I call us brothers in scars.

20. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Hopefully, Betty White, will make it well past 2017.

21. trollst

trollst

Yep, me too, STILL HERE, almost wasn't, better than ever, heart attacks will teach you something you'll never forget. I got another xmas in with my wife and kids, looking forward to a great hot rod year, meeting and visiting fellow hamber's, taking in some far away shows, living life. Have a great 2017 all you guys and gals, I'm gonna try.
    LeRoy.

bobss396, loudbang, ladyhrp and 2 others like this.
  22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Leroy, I was thinking of you as I was reading through this thread. Glad you made it through all that.

trollst, ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

2016 has been a up and down year for me, hopefully 2017 will be more up than down.

24. Christmas 2015 was bad for death in my small town, but 2016 only saw me see one old friend off.
    It has been a bad year for making money, but overall, not my worst year.
    I only ever made one new years resolution.
    That was, to never make a new years resolution, and so far, I've never been disappointed, haha.

Let's hope the coming year is a goodie, because it's been said that driverless cars will be coming to my small country, and I'm not keen to see that.

So to all Hambers, may 2017 be all you would like, with good health, wealth, and good people surrounding us.

ladyhrp, The37Kid, traffic61 and 4 others like this.
  25. Onwards and upwards

26. I had my clutch knee done a couple of years ago ...... no NFL team will want me now, as their field goal kicker.
    Right knee needing replaced too.
    Good luck to you. Physical therapy is your key to a good recovery.

ladyhrp, mad mikey and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  27. A lot better !

loudbang, ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  28. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am ready for a new year.have not felt the best since I got sick in the spring and fighting some kind of bug now.

29. teejay99

teejay99

Yeah , BobG , that's what everyone keeps telling me . Right knee is OK so I hope to be able to get out for my long walks once again ....maybe in the spring if all goes well .

30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Considering googles political ties, I think that plan just took a pretty big hit...