Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 53 Chevy Stance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53CHKustom, Dec 25, 2016.

1. 53CHKustom

53CHKustom

Hi All,
    It's been a while but here's another thread with dumb questions. I am trying to think about how to make a 53 like mine look more radical. The chop is maybe 4 inches so not radical and it's a four door. The rear is bagged but the front is cut coils. One thought is to bag the front so it can have a slightly lower stance in the front as well. I used a photo editor to simulate the front being on airbags:

1a.jpg 1b.jpg 2a.jpg 2b.jpg 3a.jpg 3b.jpg 4a.jpg 4b.jpg 5a.jpg 5b.jpg 6a.jpg 6b.jpg 7a.jpg 7b.jpg

Does anyone have any other thoughts on other ways to give it some more edge? Lowering it too much will make it look funny since it's not radically chopped but bags on the front might allow me to dial it in.

A 2 door with slightly more of a radical chop is my favorite since it looks much edgier but assuming mine sold for $14,500 what kind of money would I be looking at to get into something decent or at least complete if I had more of project that needed some money to finish? $25k total at least? It seems I'd have to put a lot more than I'm in now to get into a 2 door with more chop and then chasing one down in far away locations.

Here are photos of one of my favorite ones I've seen!

ch1.jpg ch2.JPG

2. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I've seen your photos of your car before but I never noticed until seeing these recent photos that it's a MorDor. Looks good with the bags in front and who knows, maybe the whistle will go away:p:D

bobg1951chevy likes this.
  3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

You've always said it was a 53, and I just noticed it has a 54 front end (grille anyway) on it too. Can't help on the lowering. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

4. upspirate

upspirate

I like yours the way it is........if it drives fine, I say leave it alone

5. Too much WIDE WHITEWALL for the current stance of this 4 door car.
    More mods ?
    Find a nice 2 door and do it your way.

6. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I like it exactly as it sits. slammed on bags isnt particularly interesting to me, but thats just an opinion. I do agree on the call for slightly narrower white walls. Your car looks great and i wouldnt change anything.

upspirate likes this.
  7. Take the car to Gas Monkey, they bag everything.:eek: Looks good the way it is, IMO.

8. verde742

verde742

;) I think there should be a rule, if a car has skirts, it should be lower in back than it is in front.
    with no skirts, it can be lower in front, or level. JMO...:rolleyes:

Also if you discussing the height of your car with pictures FOR PETE SAKE PARK IT ON LEVEL GROUND, WITH A SIDE VIEW, (not a 3/4 view)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  9. Slopok

Slopok

Thought your exhaust was scraping already wasn't it? Lake pipes will give the appearance that your car is lower, plus add some chrome to the rather plain look you have now.
    Where's the Truck, girl and dog???

10. rush549

rush549
    from Kansas

You need to scallop/panel that thing out. Give it some color, some life. Right now it's an empty palette.

verde742 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  11. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

The second car features side trim, which I like better than the smoothed look on your car. I like his wheels better as well. But I like your grill better. Chop looks good, not so radical that you can't drive it. Lakes pipes might help it look a little lower without going nuts with the suspension.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

verde742, tb33anda3rd and 53CHKustom like this.
  12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that car looks just fine to me. why mess with it?

[​IMG]

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. 53CHKustom

53CHKustom

Thanks. Yea the previous owner put 54 grill and fenders which kind of make mad as I love the 53 grill/lights.

14. 53CHKustom

53CHKustom

Thanks i just sometimes wish it was chopped maybe 1 more inch to look a little edgier. Since I'm not willing to rechop I wonder if bags in the front will let me lower it just a pinch (not slammed to the ground) to give it more of the sled look. I think Right now the car leveled shows too much rear wheel like I the pic you quoted. I also really love the wide white walls as I have them but agree trim would be nice to break up the panels.

15. 53CHKustom

53CHKustom

One of the questions id love to get advice on... assuming I have $14,500 into mine but could sell into for exactly that, would I likely need to spend way more to get something like the 2 door black one in a reasonably finished and decent state (not showcar) and chopped nicely? I don't have the skills to chop, and do any body work so it would have to be near finished.

16. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Yours is more interesting.

17. lowering it does not seam to me to change the look to me [at least from those photos] how about sectioning the hood, add some chrome trim and hub caps? i like the idea of the lake pipes.

18. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I'm in agreement with a paint feature to make the car look lower,longer and edgier or the long laker's
    Photoshop is your friend.

19. Take these ladies for a ride to confirm if you want the car any lower.:rolleyes: ZZZZZZZX227.jpg

tb33anda3rd and 53CHKustom like this.
  20. How about a mirror muff?

21. fergusonic

fergusonic
    from Kokomo, In

I'm thinkin' a couple Spot Lights might look ok. If the front bumper can be mounted upside down; perhaps it would give the appearance of setting lower..... I done that with my 55 chevy pickup.

22. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

JMO, but your car looks good just the way it is, and I'm not a big fan fan of four doors. I too, would leave it alone.

53CHKustom and upspirate like this.
  23. On a cold night, drop them all off at my house...