Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods would you save this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Los_Control, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

I for some reason think this car is pretty cool, dunno if would ever get around to it.
    My choices now are given to me from my uncle.to put it up for sale for a low price, or to offer it free to someone that would fix it or use the parts, or to send it to the scrapper.

It currently has clutch pedal and no column shift installed. From the size of the hole in the floor, think they had a top loader truck 4 speed installed.
    I have access to a Y block with a car 3 speed tranny sitting in the shed, or a 390/auto

I dunno, should it be saved or what? Myself I am a pickup man, had a few early elcaminos but they dont spark me.
    Looking for input here in where to send it. Is really close to being sent to a scrapper, something in me is screaming save it.

Attached Files:

2. That was a Park Lane, a fairly rare model. If nothing else, salvage all the trim and tailgate hardware off it. Could make a pretty nice truck with some work....

3. adam401

adam401

Remove some of the bulk from the roof in conjunction with a mild chop and rear window swap (or reproportion the one that's there) and you've got something

4. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Looks savable and the price is right if you have the room for a future project or trading fodder to further a existing project.

5. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

i'd save my money and energy for that Pacer shown in the background.

6. belair

belair

Get on that little Plymouth or Dodge parked in front of it.

7. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

I'd go with the Plymouth. That way, nobody would be asking you dumb questions.

RaginPin3Appl3 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  8. alchemy

alchemy

Ugly as is, but definitely worth saving for parts. My dad has a 55 Ranch Wagon and they are pretty rare. There's gotta be somebody out there needing something from your hulk.

9. Gary in da UP

Gary in da UP

Good candidate for a carson top, and different side glass.

10. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

^^^ I like the Carson top idea....a bit different, but still very cool IMO;)

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

If you were going to do anything with it, you wouldn't have to ask permission.

Spoggie and turboroadster like this.
  12. scotts52

scotts52

Please save it. They're not making these old cars anymore. A lot of what people are starting with nowadays is yesterday's garbage. Thankfully they didn't throw it away.

AmishMike, Jonnie King and Sauli like this.
  13. squirrel

squirrel

I'd see about getting it running, and drive it around. Would be way cool. Even if it is kind of an ugly conversion job...it is a neat car/truck.

czuch, Spoggie, Tman and 2 others like this.
  14. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Oooooohhhhhhhh Pacer!!!!

15. I like this thing. Rancheros/Utes made from 2 door station wagons can turn out really nice if the workmanship is good, You need an upper tailgate from a '52-'56 to make the back wall of the cab right. When I was in college, we had a professor in the music department who drove a '58 Chevy Biscayne 2 door wagon that was cut off to make a pickup. Whoever did the body work used the wagon's upper tailgate and surrounding sheet metal to make the back panel of the cab. The workmanship was so good you would think it came that way from the factory if you didn't know better. A good body man could do a little work on the back wall of the cab and make it nice. I'd want to get it mechanically safe and reliable and drive the living daylights out of it.

volvobrynk, Texas57 and timmy2times like this.
  16. If it was free, hell yeah. I'd get it running cheap(350/th350) buy some of the premium rattle-can grey primer and roll that thing all over. Most excellent beater/parts chaser and you know how many guys' uncle had one he bought new...? Scrap it? I've driven way rougher cars everyday for significant periods of my life and its proportions don't turn me off at all.

timmy2times and kiwijeff like this.
  17. metalman

metalman

There is a 56 just about like that running around town here, was built back in the early sixtys too haul a midget to the races I heard. It does have the wagon tailgate as a rear window and it does look much better. Still has too much crown above the doors however, take some of that out with the rear window change and it might look pretty good. Worth saving I'd say.

Texas57 and kiwijeff like this.
  18. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

well the pacer, already got a niece dumb enough to take the pacer .... just the parklane that seems to remain homeless.
    And this is not a classified add trying to sell it.
    I have listed it on craigslist for $250 and not even 1 phone call.
    I know if it gets put on craigslist for free it would go to a scrapper.
    Just trying to get some ideas on how to get it to someone who wants it.
    But have a county inspector involved and wants to see progress. So time is just a bit of a issue also.
    Just sad to see this stuff go to the scrapper.

volvobrynk likes this.
  19. evintho

evintho

What town is it located in?

20. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

N i don't even like fords BUT I'd drive that one.
    well its not entirely true , what i said about fords
    i just like the 1974 or so and OLDER ones...lol
    have owned a bunch of them

volvobrynk, timmy2times and HiHelix like this.
  21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Just a guess, but it has a WA state plate on it?

22. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

I live in Tri cities Washington, I need to update my profile to show that, good catch.

volvobrynk likes this.
  23. HiHelix

HiHelix

That thing would make a bad assed wheelstander for sure!

timmy2times likes this.
  24. Pacers are cool

Party on Wayne!

IMG_1480988922.715620.jpg

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

It looks like a pretty decent car, it should go to someone who would be committed enough to see it through. I remember seeing a few Fauxcheros around when I was a kid, I have a soft spot for them, but I have too many projects already. But there must be someone in WA, OR or BC that would want it enough to see it through. 292 and rapping glasspaks are a no-brainer.

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. I'd take it, but I'm a little far away.

Now if there was free shipping involved, well.....

I'm sure someone closer will rise to the challenge.

volvobrynk and Jonnie King like this.
  27. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

How about that optional Yellow Jackets nest on the instrument cluster! I say make room in the hay barn for the cars/trucks you'd like to keep, and block them in with hay; who knows what's in there now? Take your time selling it, even an E-Bay auction may score you a new owner and a few extra $$$'s. I'm not a Ford guy, but that needs to be saved. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

volvobrynk and timmy2times like this.
  28. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Yes, save it! Don't let it go to the scrapper!!

volvobrynk, AmishMike and Jonnie King like this.
  29. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

I do not know what size Y block with 3 speed is thats sitting here. 40 or 50 years ago, the owner painted flames on the valve covers.
    They look a lot like the flames on the pacer above, but would fit right with the car.
    would almost want to hang the valve covers on the wall and replace on engine.

volvobrynk likes this.