Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Clem Waske 29 Roadster #265B

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Cyclone Kevin, May 20, 2016.

1. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a hard time keeping up with one driveshaft for one rearend for one frame for one body. Keep me in mind for parts that won't take a freight train to get to you.

2. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I think that I have the driveline part figured out. I just need to get under there and put it all together. I have no idea why I took apart all those years ago......:(.

3. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

IMG_8361.PNG
    This 29 reminds me of Doc's Dads 29. Not sure where it came from??????
    IMG_8376.PNG
    This one as well. But this one looks like it has aircraft disc "spot" brakes very kool roadster, not sure if Clem knew these cats, but thank gooodness for the pix.

Stogy, volvobrynk and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

IMG_8400.PNG Found this lil gem:
    Clem's Club and Don Cox's club, both SCTA clubs.
    All of this is pretty confusing to me "History wise"
    As I know that the "So Calif Roadster Club" derived from "The Road Ramblers".

I guess that the guys kept the name around probably as a "Hot Rod Club", but not as part of the SCTA.
    Doc tells me that there's some young guns in La Mesa-El Cajon that hangs near the old Cajon Speedway that have resurrected the club and there
    using the old artwork, driving 60's cars though as the Hot Rods are a bit pricey on their youthful budgets,

We've all been there and started somewhere so that's a natural. I'm just glad to see that they're keeping it alive. Does anyone have a plaque like this out here in HAMBland? This was Clem's pal Paul Schiefer's of Schiefer Equipment Co. fame. IMG_8403.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  5. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

IMG_8436.PNG
    Not getting much done on the W.E. :(. Lost a good guy this past week actually last Friday @ 2:00am.
    This is Tony, he's a great photographer, loved Seattle, but lived by the Broiler.
    Did puzzles=the multi thousand piece type. Had a great zest for life. Just got back from his viewing.
    Have the funeral in the AM.

There's a reason why I'm posting this here. Tony loved life itself. He went into Downey Community Hospital with what he thought was a really bad stomach ache or a bad Gaul Bladder, but in reality actually had perforated ulcer that resulted in organs shutting down one by one until it took him out.
    Tony just turned 54 two months back.

If your body is telling you something, make sure that you get to s competent physician quickly, Tony was a patient guy, probably let the guy with the sniffles go before him, because he just aimed to please.

I know that guys that I've known for 30yrs+ Are gonna miss him going over the sports games they watched with him especially Q & Ed. These guys lived for football season, basketball, World Cup Soccer and everything else. Bummer that this stuff happened.

Will get back on Clem's stead again, I still check in with Doc daily to make sure that he's handling his pains as well. It's a bitch getting older, but the alternative is a far different place. Doc's bummed about this as well, but we'll trudge though this and
    get the W.E. on the Road so it can be a Rambler of San Diego once again,

Tony would've have done a great job shooting pix of this car, we'll still make him proud and perhaps he'll shine a little light our way.
    ;).
    IMG_5892.JPG

6. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Sorry to hear of your buddy passing @Cyclone Kevin - at least his suffering has over.

Yes - life is short, and we all must make the most of it - it ain't no dress rehearsal.

Take care, and rejoice in the memories you have of tony.

Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  7. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Sorry for your loss Kevin. Yes,we need to take care of ourselves, especially as we get older.

8. Sorry about your friend CK....

9. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Kevin, Sorry for your loss. We are getting older day by day. Glad to see you are plugging along on W-E need some updates. Frank

10. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Thanx guys for your words, yup-tough couple of months..... this one was unexpected.
    They're about ready to put him in the ground, he had a nice service, he'd say it was laid back..
    Gonna miss him.

11. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

It's just plain tuff when you loose some one close to you, The worst is loosing a child, been there. Take care and believe he is in a better place now, that's what has got me thru the last 29 years. Frank

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Frank,
    Know that your child is with you Always, I bet they're out in the shop with you right now guiding you to the right wrenches to work on those Hot Rods ;).

13. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Kevin, there is not a day go by that I don't think about her. Frank

14. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your buddy's passing is plenty reason for Joyce and me to see how many times we can return to your neck of the woods for the good times that abound there. Please accept our condolences for your loss. Tell Sharon hello.

15. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Yup Gary,
    So we need to see Joyce and you out here way more often. I'm not sure if they're be another Pismo event anytime soon, but it was the best!!!!!

Tony didn't get a chance to go, but thought that he'd might catch the next one if ever. So like I've said to Stovebolt in our many conversations, we gotta live!!!
    Get as much done as we can, this is one of the reasons we're
    " bustin nutz" on the W.E.

We all gotta earn our keep, do that 1st, then work on those projects, cuz we gotta get em done...there's a whole fleet of them I've gotta work on ;).

Sharon says "hi Y'all" as well.

16. CK, Ya you got a fleet of them that need to get back on the road and youi told me you were going to do this.....So get out there in the garage and get that cool 3 window dug out and on the road along with the killer woodie......No rest for ya bud as you have W.E. to complete also....Let's get it done!

Cyclone Kevin likes this.
  17. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Sorry about your friend, tough losing buddies. I started a thread on my car, check it out. Good luck w/your build(s)

18. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We can always hope for another Pismo. Meanwhile, I think I can hear wrenches occasionally hitting the floor as you and Bruce "knock fire" on your babies. It's up to you, Bruce, Dennis, myself and so many others to demonstrate to young guns everywhere just how much fun it is to buy, build, and drive the shit out of our rides anywhere and everywhere. You and Bruce should figure out some way to convince Dennis to visit for a month or three to "assist" getting some of your "jewels" out of hiding and back on the road.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  19. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, shit ! ! That photo shoot was another event we missed by leaving way too soon. I'm not attempting to insert myself into the photo shoot, but just being there and seeing it would have been icing on the cake. Visiting the Broiler would have constituted several candles on that cake.

20. Gary, As much as I would like to help get the cool rides he has stashed in the garage back out on the road running. There is no way I could spend a couple months away from my shop projects, wife & Crow dog. But it sure would be a fun time...

21. Very nice story and an even better car. Congrats, mission accomplished.

22. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

All one color on the body now. IMG_8477.JPG IMG_8482.JPG IMG_8483.JPG

bct, KKrod, Tim and 3 others like this.
  23. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

She's looking good Kevin

24. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Thx Dale,
    Wish you and Jim were still in town as it would've been an honor to have the Caulfield's Shop shoot it in a great blue hue.

25. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Man you are blowin Bruce's doors off!
    I can feel the "Effect" that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

paintslinger805 likes this.
  26. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Shit Kevin, it's only about 9 hours here

27. image.jpg

28. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Hey there stranger, looks like you've been pretty busy. ;).

29. My bet is on Bruce as it looks like he has been at it hard, plus doing his full time job of painting cars. Not that you have not been kicking butt also as it looks great all in one color. Too bad you guyas live so far apart as it would be cool to see these two roadster make the first drive together on the same road..

30. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Yup, he's been a busy Kat. It would be be cool to see them both hit the same road at the same time.
    Both of them run, one has brake fluid ( I think?)

They're both equally important to us and in his case Elmer and my case Doc. It's not a race to get em on the road, just for us to make more memories and enjoyable time for us and those two aforementioned
    Purveyors of Hot Rod History.

When they're on the road, you'll see em, but they'll never be finished. ;).