Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects why don't hot rodders like them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nutter_street_rodder, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Handfull54

Handfull54

You have a great truck. Who cares what anybody thinks. I have a 54 Chevy truck and people wave all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Haha, way to create a lengthy thread.

mcsfabrication, kbgreen and X38 like this.
  3. Rick S

Rick S

I’m from Minnesota and I like your truck. Must be the crowd you’re hanging around with.

4. broke hotrodder

broke hotrodder
    from NY

Nothing wrong with beans, but they look better with an agressive stance. Try a bigger rear tire or take some height of the front. Classic hot rod trucks never go out of style. Hotrods have to beat their own drum and generally reflect the owner. If you want them too look, roast the balonies. Looks good to me.

5. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Sh$t , I would love to find a 40 pick , I do not want one that nice ,
    To replace my 98 chevy ,drive every day as work truck . I'm tired of this new crap undependable ,My hot rods don't give me no problems , One with all out Race motor other two with Flatly 's.
    Thats a very NICE Truck !!!!:cool:

6. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Why even bother to worry about it?? Enjoy it!:):)

7. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

Check out my avatar, Everyone out this way goes nuts for hot rod pickups!

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Funny, the aluminum slots are one thing that really attracts me to this truck. :confused: LOVE the green stripes too. Green stripes and 16" wheels, yea that would work. Sorta like wearing jeans with spats...:rolleyes:

9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Just an opinion , STREET RODDERS might not like it, but HOT RODDERS DO!! COOL AS HECK!!

RRanchero Rick likes this.
  10. brady1929

brady1929

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

12. verde742

verde742

am I on candid camera? That truck is beautiful.

the only time notoriety shows up, is when you take it outta town..:)

in town, the say: O, that's Bob's truck. :rolleyes:

falcongeorge likes this.
  13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My guess it this is what its all about. I know a guy here that has a really stunning chopped '34 Fordor. I don't stop and take a photo every time I see it, because I have seen it most of my adult life. Its "Theres Dougs Fordor", but that doesn't change the fact that the car is an absolute knock-out.

verde742 likes this.
  14. Move

X38 likes this.
  15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That's actually true George give that it was Boyd Coddington's truck at least that's what I found when I looked up the pictures.
    I was really looking for a picture of a 40 truck with steel wheels and caps.
    If you look closely at the wheels you can see they are actually billet custom wheels.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I was looking for something more like this one to show the steel wheels and caps.
    1008clt_07_o+1940_ford_truck+side.jpg 1008clt-01-o-1940-ford-truck-front.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  17. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Nice truck don't change anything accept the oil and maybe a air filter once in a while.

18. DanGreenbergSK500.jpg
    40 pickups are one thing, but I prefer my 1/2 ton stake truck with all it's original stake sides. ;-)

19. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

I like it too!..heck I like Raimani1959's kenworth too!...( what year KW Raimani? I'll bet it's H.A.M.B. friendly!)

20. I think he just posted this to show off his truck and watch people ramble ;)

21. manyolcars

manyolcars

The 40 Ford truck is the prettiest truck ever made. Your wheels are GREAT! I like those trucks so much that I have several waiting to be fixed up 40s.jpg

22. Did we get the proverbial "does this dress make me look fat" ?

falcongeorge likes this.
  23. nutter_street_rodder

nutter_street_rodder
    from Nevis MN

man oh man am I getting talk I wasn't expecting! Yes it is something I am proud of! What I'm thinking now is maybe I was 50 years ahead of the curve on pickups. You guys make up for all that.
    I am courious as to the comment about the fenders.... I bought them from Little Dearborn in 1966. On the inside of the fenders were the original Ford shipping labels. Pete bought them from Montana, Idaho,Venezuela, and Argentina. Many years ago driving to MSRA Back to 50's in the rain I realized the labels were getting wet. I lost 3 of them, but managed to spray clear plastic over the one to preserve it. Just before Pete at Little Dearborn died I took him out to the truck to see "his" fenders, which he graciously offered the full purchase price paid to get them back ( with a huge smile!)! I had paid him $530 for 4, which was a months worth of paychecks then.
    And I wasn't doing this to post my pictures. I was just thinking out loud most (some?) are overlooking some nice rides!

Kan Kustom and clunker like this.
  24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Wow! Hoarder...:D
    [​IMG]

25. (I was kidding about the "dress makes me look fat" comment, just busting yer hump)

I think that we here on HAMB aren't really a good representation of most "car guys".
    Here, your truck is 100% awesome, no question.

You may be surrounded by "gold chainers" (old guys with money that pay other people to do rotisserie restorations of high dollar cars. Tri-fives, Corvettes etc., no one with gold chains, fingers full of rings or a chest wig does a lot of their own wrenching)

or "street rod sycophants" (people who really want a brand new luxury car, so they tear everything out of a nice old car and replace it with molded plastic, leather and billet aluminum until it looks like a new BMW with a dash of classic car)

"Muscle car moyles" (I dig 'em too, but how many Mustangs and Camaros can people spend $40,000 to restore to look exactly like every other one? I've been trying to buy my neighbor's beat '67 Mustang Fastback for 15 years so I can run it exactly like it is, Mad Max style, just to piss people off)

None of those people would really like many of the cars here. I think those might be the people you're surrounded with, so you have to just take their opinions with a grain of salt. That truck is the bomb.

Just my humble opinion, most people just ignore it....

BrerHair, Thor1 and kbgreen like this.
  26. justneedit

justneedit

27. justneedit

justneedit

You just need to move!!!

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I didn't have to look closely...:D

brad2v likes this.
  29. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Moyle? They're moyles? Well that's a new one on me, there's my "you learn something every day" for today. I'll just have to take your word for it. I'm going to hit Like on that post just out of respect for your clever use of the English language. But I also dig where you're coming from.

30. dan@larescorp

dan@larescorp

I love the truck, and I'm from MN!! I know what you mean though.