Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Traditional Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 22, 2016.

1. With Thanksgiving fast approaching I thought a short history lesson might be informative.

In early autumn of 1621, the 53 surviving Pilgrims celebrated their successful harvest, as was the English custom. During this time, "many of the Indians coming together with their great Chief Massasoit, with some ninety men."

[​IMG]

I'm sure many of you remember Thanksgiving looking more like a Norman Rockwell painting.

[​IMG]

Thanksgiving has for some has turned into a Rockwell parody.

[​IMG]

Whatever way you chose to enjoy your Thanksgiving,, a traditional one or just a big party,,take a moment to be thankful for what we have in this country,,freedom and the men and women that are in harms way to keep it that way! .HRP

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    drdave, Ron Brown, ladyhrp and 15 others like this.
  2. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

good info
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING to ALL

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

American Indians didn't have "kings" or a Caste system. But, yea....... Happy Thanksgiving!:)

ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. Thanks for so equality pointing out my faux pas Fred,I corrected my error. :D HRP

ladyhrp likes this.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thanks.;) And the lower pic was my family Thanksgivings, except we were eating off TV trays, sitting in front of TV watching football.:D

ladyhrp, czuch, slack and 1 other person like this.
  6. I hope ours turns out like the 2nd picture, and I agree with H.R.P. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all.Bruce.

7. Just returned from an early Thanksgiving get together in Ohio with my grown kids.
    Snow and cold, mixed with great memories that are now etched into this ole head.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all !

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  8. Gman0046

Gman0046

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all. Going to our Daughters house and watching a Kentucky Basketball game. Doesn't get any better then that.

Gary

9. I love Thanksgiving because it is uniquely American. Take the time to look up Abraham Lincoln's Thanksgiving Proclamation. He had it right. This is what it's all about. I thank God that I get to live in this great country, the USA.

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

ladyhrp, czuch, The37Kid and 3 others like this.
  10. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My Thanksgiving plan is to finish routing my fuel system, and maybe get the taillights mounted. Ever year I give thanks for a TV in the shop and early football starting times geared toward an East Coast audience. When it's all done I'll have dinner with the family.

11. To those in the military and those in public safety thank you for all the sacrifices that you and your families make so that I can be with my family. I've alot to be thankful for.

12. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

HRP--Thank you for the post! Whatever the situation, there is so much to be thankful for. In so many ways, we owe much to those who came before us and are with us whichever picture they fit into.

Best wishes to all!

13. Happy Thanksgiving to the H.A.M.B world I enjoy so much. God bless you and your family everybody.

ladyhrp, Raiman1959 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

15. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Wanted to upload the CG 22 Uss England's Ship's menu from the Tonkin Gulf 1974 but I moved a while back and can't find the box I put it in.
    Here's what I remember was on it.

Pressed Turkey loaf.
    Canned Ham
    Mashed potatoes made from genuine Idaho mashed potato flakes.
    Carnation evaporated milk.
    Kool Ade. 3 flavors
    fresh pumpkin pie. (Canned pumpkin)

That's about 1/2 of it. Was a good laugh at the time. Salute to all Military and ex Military. I'd just like to say... Get Stuffed! Grin. And remember guys. Thanksgiving and Xmas are the only 2 days of the year you can flip the bird and tell her to stuff it and get away with it!

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thanks, Joe. Having been underway during Thanksgiving, I can relate. Thank you for your service.

ladyhrp, czuch, MUNDSTER and 2 others like this.
  17. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Friday will be great too, day off from work and wifey shopping all day. . .
    I will be in the hideout

ladyhrp likes this.
  18. Danny, I like the way you added the H.A.M.B on the kids hat.LOL.Bruce.

19. tfeverfred, I am still laughing my ass off over that one!.I like Jimmy D as the turkey.Thats when they made REAL cartoons.Todays stuff is crap!!!! Thanks for the laughs .Bruce.

20. Going to spend Thanksgiving with our daughter and family. My plan is, Eat -Take a nap - Then Eat Again. Wishing all a Happy Thanksgiving

21. We got a call from the Sheriffs office at 4:30 AM this morning and ask if we had a business at 1205 Whitehall road and I said yeah.

"We are standing in front of you business and a car has slammed into your shop and it looks like there is a mess inside"

I left the house in a hurry and after the deputy took the information he left and I started trying to glean up the mess,thankfully Brenda's Macaw "Sam" was unhurt even though the cage was laying on it's side...the bird was pissed!

I called a carpenter to patch up the wall for a temporary fix and with today being the day before Thanksgiving we had a lot of work to get so my daughter drove the delivery van and I drove my pickup and on the way back to the shop I hit a FRIGGIN' TURKEY and busted the grill in my Off Topic Ram truck.:mad:

What I will be thankful for tomorrow when I say grace is that this day will be over. :rolleyes:HRP

ladyhrp, slack, clunker and 6 others like this.
  22. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm picking up a ''new to me'' old car trailer tomorrow morning...can't afford a new one, but found a nice used one for decent $$$.....I'm stoked!------------friends coming down from Denver, and spending the day with us. My wife is baking turkey at this very moment...love that aroma, and can't stop lickin' my lips. I've much to be thankful for, and prayers are getting answered to the positive....sometimes just gotta look a little harder to see them, but it's there!....Many blessings and happy thoughts to all:D

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  23. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Danny sorry to here of the trouble at your shop and your truck!
    Yes, Thank God when the day is over and that tomorrow will be a better day.
    God Bless all my fellow H.A.M.B. "Turkeys"!
    KK

24. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Happy Thanksgiving! SO thankfull to BE an American!

25. Happy Thanksgiving from 20 miles west of the DC "swamp".;)

26. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Cripes Danny, if it's not one thing it's another.
    If someone gives you the bird tomorrow tell em to stuff it.

27. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

http://www.wimp.com/ahhh-youre-indians-by-louis-c-k/

...when we came to America, it was so nice. It was just Indians. And they weren’t even Indians. We called them that by accident. And we still call them that. We knew in a month that it wasn’t Indians but we just don’t give a shit. We never correct it. We came here.

They’re like, “Hi.”

And we’re like, “Hey, you’re Indians, right?”

And they’re like, “No.”

“No, this is India, right?”

“No, it’s not. It’s a totally other place.”

“You’re not Indians?”

“No.”

“Ahh, you’re Indians.”

“You’re Indians for hundreds of years after.”

28. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Sorry for the misfortune, but Happy Thanksgiving nonetheless. But was the turkey salvageable at least?

29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HRP the main elements are intact...could have been much worse...Give Lady HRP a big hug...the bird some seeds and be thankful your ok. Upsetting absolutely. Happy Thanksgiving...

and to all the other Happy Hotrodders and their Familys

Regards,
    Stogy​

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    ladyhrp likes this.
  30. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A man of multi talents such as you will have things back to normal in no time! Just keep that second picture in mind! Have a great Thanksgiving! The same goes for all of the rest of the hoodlums and hooligans on the HAMB.

i.rant likes this.