Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 Ford Rubber Kit Suggestions

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 41forMark, Apr 15, 2016.

1. 41forMark

41forMark

About to start looking for all the rubber for the 41 Ford Deluxe Sedan I am building and was wondering if there are any other resources out there anyone knows of other than Steele Rubber? I saw a minimal kit on Kanter.com. Wondering if anyone has any advice on best way to go about it. Thanks in advance!

2. What rubber are you referring to? HRP

3. 41forMark

41forMark

Sorry, Looking to replace everything weatherstripping wise. Windows, body, doors etc. If it's on the body it will be replaced.

4. 15 Years ago when I did our 41 I bought most of it from Dennis Carpenter. It was good stuff, should still be.
    The Wizzard

5. LBCD

LBCD

Macs, Carpenter, CW Moss, Early Ford store. Just letting you know that Lowes has a sticky back auto weatherstripping that is great for the door openings on the body and the back of the doors. I used it being I didnt want to go the glue route and its fine.

6. 41forMark was there an issue with Steele? I have replaced pretty much every piece of rubber on my coupe with their products and have had zero issues.. They were especially helpful in providing the correct extrusions in un-bonded form for a couple of the window rubbers so I could "cut-to-fit" due to the top chop. Great folks and extremely helpful over the phone. -Jus' saying'..

Dave

7. if you buy rubber sets at Kanters, you'll get Steele rubber parts, and the quality is just outstanding. as a set it's lot cheaper than buying each bit single at Steele.

8. Might check with Restoration Specialties too. I've had good luck dealing with them.

CaddyRat likes this.
  9. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

10. Mac30

Mac30
    1. S.F.C.C.

was looking at carpenters today at vent window rubber. There was molded and unmolded rubber. Good size price gap between them. Don't know if makes a difference or not?

11. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

12. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

CaddyRat likes this.
  13. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

14. I got all may rubber parts for my 41' convert from Dennis Carpenter, and Bob Drake.