Register now to get rid of these ads!

Driveshaft Shortening an Re-splining

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31fords, Nov 13, 2016.

1. 31fords

31fords
    from SoCal

Hi All,
    Looking for any recommendations for a place in Santa Clarita or San Fernando Valley that does driveshaft shortening and re-splining. I am looking to possibly do this on a 1940 ford rear to fit for my 1931 Model A.

Thanks,
    Denny

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. deucemac

deucemac

Off hand no name in the SAN comes to mind, but a couple of thoughts come up. You might try Tri-C Engineering in Santa Clarita and if the can't do it or know where to go, the call Larry at Valley Head Service. He has been around building engines since iron was discovered. He knows everybody still in the machining business. Those are the people I would start with.

3. 31fords

31fords
    from SoCal

4. Andy

Andy

Be extreamly carefull on the length. The groove that holds the speedo gear has to end up in the right place. The clearance should be about 1/8" between the retainer clip and the gear.
    Bob Wilson cut splines for me. He is outside Dallas.

5. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Cooks Machine in Los Angeles, primarily known for shortning and resplineing axles but does all kind of shaft work

6. deucemac

deucemac

I thought that Cook was gone. I had them do work for me making transmission main shafts for a Marmon - Harrington conversion for a '40 Ford truck I was building. If they are still around, they get my vote for sure. They did beautiful jewel like work.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016