Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects "I'm here to pick up the rubbish"

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Drylake, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Drylake

Drylake

2. An undisclosed amount. But a fair price.

3. Well if that doesn't beat all, you find a roadster like that and now you're on your way to a finished car. Great story and good luck with the build

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Outback and drylakespeedshop like this.
  4. WTF........We need to know more of this story.....

5. Drylake

Drylake

I had a family weekend but managed to squeeze some time in to mount my tail lights. [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. gordspeed

gordspeed
    from Oregon

Hey drylakespeedshop, in post #122 at the top of the pile, is a radiator surround like one I have. By chance do you know what it is for? I have found some similar but never have seen one exactly the same. 20's Star looked similar but this one flairs out at the bottom on both sides. Nice parts haul you have!! Thanks!

7. Drylake

Drylake

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. gordspeed

gordspeed
    from Oregon

Thanks Very Much for the help! :)

9. Drylake

Drylake

Well bendigo swap meet was fun! Needed two original caps and got 16 for the price i would have paid for two. He said $2 each and i said I'll take the lot for $30. Also snagged an "A" windshield frame, headlight bar and 2 x 35 wires. Good day out! 1478939854548.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Looks like you've got two 32 hubcaps in there. Nice catch!

11. Drylake

Drylake

12. Drylake

Drylake

chryslerfan55 and kiwijeff like this.
  13. We need more progress on the roadster.......

14. Drylake

Drylake

Working on smoothing my beam axle and chasing parts! Should have some progress during the christmas break! 1481790397109.jpg

15. Have fun on the Christmas break!

16. Drylake

Drylake

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Still waiting on my diff, motor mounts and trans mount. Not much progress....been playing with some flattys i picked up a while back. Have alot to pick up at the Ballarat swap meet and i can't wait!

17. Drylake

Drylake

18. Drylake

Drylake

[​IMG]selling plenty to fund the 32. Frustratingly still waiting on motor mounts and diff but scored my blc lights, front spring, windshield frame and an original navaro triple carb manifold with carbs. Get my shell and insert soon as the one i have is an original but has a 4" section and i don't want to chanel the 32. Plan to pick up my front spring, 32 closed cab cowel to swap and blc lights next week!

19. Drylake

Drylake

Well decided to work on a side project until i have my parts for the 32. Some may hate it... but it's being built from what i have lying around and available. Same basic running gear as the 32, flatty, early ford trans, banjo, all the good stuff! as traditional as it can be from pre ww2 panels sacrificed and saved. Bit of fun, as it is Australia day today and my wife let me have a fun day in the shed! Kid free! [​IMG] advertised it as a bunch of panels to sell, feeding the 32 build... no real bites, just people wanting the door... [​IMG]rear window frame is built from door window frames modified to look close...[​IMG][​IMG]and we got a koala in our front tree on Australia day![​IMG]

20. Drylake

Drylake

Quarter windows are terraplane rear windows, doors are Vauxhall believe it or not, and rear window is 33-34 dodge sedan outer door frames sectioned and chopped. As soon as my 32 parts arrive it will probably hang back up on the wall but for now it has given me some shed therapy ! [​IMG]upper window is also 33-34 dodge thanks to greg the scrappy saving old steel! i got alot of panels for a box of beer, need more blokes like greg!

21. Kid free holiday to yourself? I would be watching for the strings attached to that one. You might even have to wash the dishes, or do laundry. ( kidding. I've got little kids too. Free time to myself is more valuable than sex or gold)

I dig this thread a lot. How far are you taking this; super polished with a crazy high end paint job or "au natural". Didn't see your previous builds. You sure are good at parts hunting.

22. No offence, but I think the koala is the coolest part of your post! That must be real neat. All we have is squirrels and racoons. :rolleyes:

chryslerfan55, clunker and jerseyboy like this.
  23. Drylake

Drylake

[​IMG]all a bit of fun. The journey can be as enjoyable as the finished product.

chryslerfan55 and spurgeonforge like this.
  24. Drylake

Drylake

[​IMG][​IMG]the quarters i have for my side project both got the fuel ration treatment pre ww2. Chop the quarters and turn it into a pickup in order to be able to buy fuel. Kinda cool history! I purchased three all with the same treatment a few years back. My wife actually did the negotiations and talked the guy down from $650 to $430 for three quarters and i since sold the worst one un-repaired for $350.

25. Drylake

Drylake

26. Drylake

Drylake

27. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Clamping the two panels together for rebuild is very smart... wish i had... but i will add that you make sure your GOOD quarter matches your decklid's arch first...

28. Drylake

Drylake

[​IMG]sold some more gear last month which has paid for more parts for the 32. Dragged home a ute load of rusty gold from the Christmas break, bush parts hunting. All to help get the 32 done.

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  29. Drylake

Drylake