Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. captmullette

captmullette

good luck this weekend tony, will be looking for some pics and vids, im headed to Reynolds for some testing.......

enloe likes this.
  2. Thanks Bobby! Hope your injection treats you right!

3. glrbird

glrbird

Paint the fenders to match the main body, or contrasting color. DONE!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I use to roadrace 125 shifter karts but I wouldn't get near that thing!!!

5. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Gray with the Filthy Forty stripe, less money/prep for paint, more money for parts!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  6. Here's the video from Black Smith Tom - check the D11 in the far lane! It ran out of gas but damn 2 of these cars at the drags :eek:

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Scot told me the red oxide Dodge had a basically stock Desoto hemi, but had plans for a bigger engine. Never got a chance to talk to the guy and don't know what class he's aiming for.

8. To prove the world is not very big - that guy looked at the D-11 I bought before I got it. He didn't have the $$ at the time, so the car went to me. Then a few months ago he found this D-11 in Indiana or someplace and bought it. He's good friends with the guy I got my car from.

loudbang and saltflats like this.
  9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

It sounds like you are havin fun!!
    How about paint the fender's white clouds like your Q then to black and just freshen the gray.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

Paint it "PLUM CRAZY" after all it's a MOPAR HEMI :rolleyes:

11. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

We need to start a winter thread on all the updates everyone has planned. How many are building cars this winter for SEG? I'm trying to keep up with all of them.

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Didn't make it to Greer, and I was hoping that bynow we'd get an update on yesterday.;)

13. My picture count is low but here is my last run :( was a good time for sure!

catdad49, moparob, 402BOSSMAN and 4 others like this.
  14. blackT-Bird

blackT-Bird
    from Bally, Pa

Awesome car!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  15. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

All's good in the great white north! No problems!! Thanks agaim

loudbang, sonic03bluegt and Dog_Patch like this.
  16. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

DOM, it was Snake Bite in A/G, One Gone Dog in C/G(I know right!!) and Zak Hall- Homegrown in
    D/G

17. I'm beside myself that Zak won D/G :):) that made my weekend!

18. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

That was cool, his best reaction time by FAR!!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  19. I agree with that 100% Tony. That was great to see.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  20. I declare that is good news :rolleyes:

Here's a few pics from my phone.
    IMG_3727.JPG IMG_3729.JPG IMG_3731.JPG IMG_3737.JPG IMG_3740.JPG IMG_3742.JPG IMG_3743.JPG IMG_3744.JPG IMG_3750.JPG IMG_3753.JPG IMG_3754.JPG IMG_3756.JPG

catdad49, wingnutz, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

22. wingnutz likes this.
  23. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

24. captmullette

captmullette

looking good tony, hate I missed it.....went to Reynolds and my car went to shit again......gonna buy a pedal car.....

25. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Tony, I know you went up against a damn fast car in the first round, luck of the draw:(
    But in the qualifying runs, were you pleased with the car's performance being improved after you and Quain wrenched on it at Reynolds?
    Seems to me you either need more inches or less pounds. How much are you over the minimum weight for your cid? And it's time for the head and valve work we discussed.
    Bobby, damned if you and I ain't snake bit or somethinqo_O

wingnutz likes this.
  26. Yeah the A/G class is tough right now. I watched the Reynolds GoPro video of the Oxygen sensors again, it was rich with a 110 pill, so I went to a 120 pill at Greer and it was laying down 5.90's every time. Its 200 lbs heavy right now. Plus Nick Smithberg is going to open the butterfly diameter in the stacks for next year - more cam also. New tires - Porter said my tires are overdue.

loudbang likes this.
  27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

What size tires are you running? Is there an SEGA rule on tires? 200 # is a lot heavy, and we gotta figger out how to get rid of some weight without sacrificing safety or getting outside the rules! You're about down to the point that if it even saves just a pound, it's worth doing. Will give you a call one evening with some thoughts on further gutting;):rolleyes:

Dog_Patch likes this.
  28. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

FWIW, old friend of mines Dad that ran gas back in the day told us how they would take fenders, hoods, trunk lids and sand blast em, throw em out behind the shop, let em rust, blast em and throw em out back again. Over the winter, it might amount to something. Like DOM says, even if its just a pound...

Dog_Patch likes this.
  29. 402BOSSMAN

402BOSSMAN

Have a long list on this project over winter. Freshen and update these heads, build a 2nd matching set, new cam (much more lift!), beef up valvetrain, spec headers so Tony can build new correct ones, open up the throttle bores in the Enderle, get new throttle blades made, and last dyno test. Probably play with stack length again. I believe the header is why it didn't respond to the change before. 200# heavy or not we need to make more power for the Hemi! Have our work cut out and alot of late nights ahead.

30. Hey Nick if you get a chance call that guy about the Bear Motors block. The freeze plugs moving on this block makes we wonder about the flex going on. I'll have Johnny mag the block in the next few weeks, if its stress cracking ......

loudbang likes this.