Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical REAR SHOCK PROBLEM IN MY '36

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 36tudordeluxe, Nov 4, 2016.

1. 36tudordeluxe

36tudordeluxe

As you can see in the the photo the rear shock is almost off the upper shock mount. Am using the complete CE kit which includes parallel leafs, rear stabilizer and shocks. When I lift on the throttle in 1st-2nd I can hear the shocks making contact with rear axle housing. At first I thought it was a driveline problem I was hearing. Any ideas on how to correct this problem?

Attached Files:

2. alchemy

alchemy

Did you lose your nuts?

3. 36tudordeluxe

36tudordeluxe

At first I thought you were trying to be funny..............but that's exactly what happened! Thanks.

4. Come on man !!!!
    That's supposed to be a large washer on either side of the shock bushing and a locking type nut.

You lost you nuts and if didn't have to go into "I Books" to open the pic Id be nicer when I'm gonna tell you the same thing captain obvious would tell you.

Did you really have to ask what's the hell the problem is there? What does the other side look like? Can you bolt it up tight or does it hit that bar? Looks like it might judging by the paint scrape on the shock body. The shocks do move and should not contact anything

image.png

tfeverfred likes this.

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I HATE when that happens........

6. 36tudordeluxe

36tudordeluxe

As it turns out, didn't loose nuts, the nylocks got buried in the rubber bushing in the shock because I didn't have flat washer under the nylock.

7. Buckster

Buckster

I would look at the alignment between the bottom & the top connections.

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  8. 36tudordeluxe

36tudordeluxe

Alignment is good now that I have upper mount attached correctly to the shock.