Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone want to start a club for 60s traditional (Bellflower) lows?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by graverobber63, Feb 23, 2006.

1. AaronP

AaronP
    from Hooker, OK

Does it matter that my Caddy is in the corner of the shop covered in crap right now?

2. Nope:D

3. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

4. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

I'm diggin it, Graverobber..!

I also wanna say that I'm all up for the metalflaked roofs on the cars in the shirts, haha what a funny-good idea. shit... now we're talkin'.

I agree with Shifty, also, on ALL accounts... 1 voice - 1 vote. Fuck it... let's not waste any time here. Good call, bro.

5. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

i agree on the voting idea

im also all for the flaked roofs.

but i also wanted to say maybe we should work towards a design that doesnt feature just one car, i understand multiple cars will be too expensive...so maybe just a design? its too hard for just one car to represent a whole style if ya ask me. dont get me wrong i love the cars represented so far, i just think this should be more generic. unless of course we could each get a shirt with our car featured ;) no just kiddin that would be awesome though.

here is a spade design that i love...but im pretty partial to it as i have it tattood on me. just a thought.

also, i love supremes, enough to have them on my car, but supremes (to my understanding) werent really the hottest wheels of the bellflower customs. maybe multiple wheels?...or back to what i said about just a design and script.

unless of course we could all settle on which car to use.

whatever happens, im down because this whole thing is kickass already.

.02$

Attached Files:

6. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

7. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

try now

8. #4 is pretty cool. I still like the supremes the best. And I'm not even running them.

9. CS#2 will trace any image and make it vector. Here is the Astro…

Attached Files:

10. no need for vector...asa matter of fact Marcy don't want vector.

11. JamesG

JamesG

The Bellflower Buick, circa 1962....

Attached Files:

12. WrazedWrong

WrazedWrong

I like #1 and #3

13. Impala65

Impala65
    from Brazil

I´ll like, but I´m a few far, in the Brazil/South America.....

14. smokindave

smokindave

Looks like missed out on whole days worth off stuff going on. Its hard to check my stuff while I am at work. As far as the shirts go, I like all of the designs, but like one of the others guys said, its hard to have one car reprsent your whole club. The Buick is wicked though.
    The one here on the bottom kind of feels like an add for this wheel. The script is good on all of these though. Whatever the case, when we decide on one I will get my money to you Shifty. Another thing Shifty...I am only about an hour or so away from you in Bakersfield. Have you ever made it out to the Wheel Tramps Cruise In in Lake Hughes? Those are a great bunch of guys.
    [​IMG]

15. I like that, to me simpler the better, just on the members ones ad member at the bottom.

16. Switchblade51

Switchblade51

"Bellflowers", "Regals", "Continentals".... get inspiration from magazines or early sixties schlock teen movies. Lotsa inspiration there...

17. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

I like the idea of the script and NO car. I like Los Boulevardos script over the top... some design in the middle (not a car)... and CC or something underneath.

No matter what we pick... I'm down.

Patches are also a cool idea so you can put them on anything you like wearing.

18. Thats what i was thinkin

19. smokindave

smokindave

Ditto---script only...no car...and a design under the script. Now, what type of a design?

20. repoguy

repoguy

Well, unfortunately my car doesn't fit the mold. If I had one I would actually want in. Which is odd because I've never had any desire to join a car club before.

I've been kinda following this thread, and had an idea I figured I'd throw at you (as far as avatars & shirts & whatever). Maybe a virgin mary mural praying over a car or an astro supreme.

I borrowed this fpic from the jockey journal. It is sparkey moffit's tank.

I'm just imagining it with a wheel or a car under her.

Kind of a tribute to the mexican lowrider influence I guess.

This whole idea of yours has rekindled my desire to build this type of car.

I appreciate the inspiration.

Attached Files:

21. repoguy

repoguy

And I'm e-mailing this to one of my best friends in Florida, Dallas.

His car fits the bill.

Attached Files:

22. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

sent ya an email at then after.

[email protected]

then after reading some old posts on this thread I see that this adress doesnt work?

Did you get my email? Or should I send it again to the other adress.

Bret

23. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

I'm down with the religious symbols from a catholic low rider chicano/mexican perspective but its a little sacrilegious and a little stereotypical….let’s get back to the cars and the scene.

My 2 centavos

24. repoguy

repoguy

A couple of cool day of the dead images courtesy of google.

Attached Files:

25. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

26. poncho

poncho

finally got my supremes yesterday....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. Nice....And your garage is way too clean...mess that sucker up man...

28. I like the idea of script only ( or with the supreme vector design, or the spade from the card that was posted ). personally I think we should stay way from the Virgin or the Day of the Dead deal. I think a script only is the way to go so no one car or style is represented. also it will be cheaper to do.

for the support shirts we could simply use a "support your local Los Boulevardos" and an alterantive to what we have on our member shirts.

We should also think "help" cards....I have some originals from the H.A. from the 60's. they are way cool and a great way to spread the word that we are a club not a "gang". I always liked the Idea of a buisness card to pass out when you are helping someone. (although I guess that would be a personal thing to get printed.

I really lke where this is going. We need an updated list of "members and a location for them as well.

Next item to beat to deth will be club plaques (if any)....I vote yes and we should keep it simple like the supreme (or spade design) with club name above and local below. Plaques run about 25.00 at O'brien.