Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Should i trade????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Nov 1, 2016.

1. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Bruce as far as the fuel issue on the wagon, disconnect the line from the tank to the fuel pump at the pump. You may want to jack the ass end up a little and put a bucket under the hose end. Fuel should flow pretty quickly if it doesn't the problem is from there back somewhere. If fuel does flow pretty quickly it most likely is the pump. Good luck! Joe

2. You did good imo.

Recently, I put my OT V8 Landrover up for sale. Guy comes to look at it, and the battery died.
    Couldn't start it, and it's never done that ever.
    Charged battery next day, and it's started fine ever since. Buyer never came back. Weird shit.

3. Bruce I know How you Like Station Wagon's if it was Me
    I would think the Car ( wagon ) is try'ing to tell you something
    by NOT Starting & giving you Problems now when your
    Thinking of a Trade........???

Why does he Want to Trade, He has a Wagon in his Shop
    Just a Thought thats all
    You Must remember Me from Shop talk my Name is honest dom

Just my 3.5 cents
    or when the Cows
    Come Home.!

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Take the gas cap off first!

Bruce Fischer and belair like this.
  5. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

.....be careful tho that you can quickly raise the line back higher than the tank or you may get a siphon affect going and have more fuel than you want coming through that cant be stop quickly enough.
    ya might also try taking a air hose and blowing back through the line with the cap off to make sure its clear.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Was going to delete that post after looking back and addressing oldsjoes:D

7. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would trade for the Chrysler. You only look middle aged to me.

8. Thanks J.A. .Thats the plan with the Olds wagon tomorrow. Bruce.

9. 51 Bird, I just had the tank repaired and sealed about a year ago and there is no sock on the pick up line but Thanks. Bruce.

10. Low Budget, I tried that aready, but thanks.Bruce.

11. Bostonhemi, maybe in dog years LOL. Thanks Bruce.

12. Thanks Joe I will try that 1st.Bruce.

13. Kiwijeff, I hear you .Funny the Olds wagon never failed to start as long as I had it. It doesn't want to be traded. LOL. Bruce.

kiwijeff likes this.
  14. Dom I remember you. He has a 4 door 1964 nova station wagon that hes made in to a 2 door .It has a LONG way to go on it. He says he wants to drop a Lt motor in the Olds wagon and lower it and drive it right away. I don't think I could stand to see it that way. Bruce.

15. I plan to do that too.Thanks.Bruce.

16. Low Buget I have 2 words for that fast flowing gas VICE GRIPS{on the rubber hose}. LOL.Bruce.

17. I usally answer all the likes I get on a thread but I got so many on this one I cant answer them all so THANKS to you all that liked it.!!!!Bruce.

18. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

I am not sure about the new sealers but we had lots of trouble with the old sealers coming loose in the tank. It would clog the lines ,fuel pump, and carb. This new gas is even worse than the old stuff. Hope that is not the problem.

19. Jibs

Jibs

I guess I'm in the minority, no freaking way I would ever trade that wagon for any mopar 4 door, sorry.

20. Bruce, Here is a sketch of some ideas you could do with the Windsor. All fairly easy and inexpensive. The hood already looks pancaked and peaked. Just do away with the top and bottom grill bars. That would make the center bar look like a floating grill. Then do away with the parking lights. Use a 50 Ford bumper. French the headlights using the existing rings. shave the door handles. Then if the budget permits, add some Appleton's , kickstands, and skirts. I know that I may get a little carried away sometimes. lol Just have FUN with her. 025.jpg Ron...

kiwijeff, oldsjoe, wraymen and 2 others like this.
  21. Bruce, I would go for the Chrysler in a New York minute. With your skills I know you can make the Chrysler any way you want.

Jimmy G

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Bruce Fischer and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  22. Gman0046

Gman0046

Anyone think an old car can have a soul? I think the Olds wagon was trying to tell Bruce not to trade.

Gary

deucemac, slack and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  23. Bruce, Are You crazy enough to go with candy pink? Ron... 027.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    oldsjoe likes this.
  24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats on your acquisition Bruce. Enjoy the transition and happy tinkerin...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  25. slack

slack

That sketch is so cool man. Awesome concept. Good job Ron.

Bruce Fischer and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  26. slack

slack

I likes me some Crown on occasion so I understand your consternation. That's a better image. You look much more, uh......approachable, with the propeller beanie. And are those Daisy Duke shorts? o_O I think most everybody on the HAMB is a nut. May be why I feel so at home here.:rolleyes:

kiwijeff and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  27. das858

das858

Chrysler all the way, the '56 Chryslers were the best looking of them all.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  28. 1stwsh, I forget what the sealer is called{its red} but I have used it in 3 cars and on my old farm all tractor and never had a problem with it.Thanks though.Bruce.

29. lswsh, this new gas is hell on rubber gas line too!Bruce.

30. Ron now that is really KOOL!!!!Bruce.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.