Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Fiberglass body.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by irishlefty333, Oct 29, 2016.

1. irishlefty333

irishlefty333

So I got my 49 Pontiac home and what a rotted mess. Was wondering if anyone knew of any companies where I could find replacement body parts and even possibly a fiberglass tub?

2. 1949 Pontiac reproduction parts are going to be few and far between,and what is a tub? HRP

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  3. F&J

F&J

That will never be made commercially. Too bad you are so far away from the high desert areas from eastern PNW and east of there, where cars do not rot when left sitting outside forever...even the chrome is fairly decent.

try running a wanted ad on here in classified section, and FLA Craigslist. Fla must have a few brought in by older people years ago?

4. Got it,I'm afraid your chances of finding a live Yeti or a unicorn are better than finding a fiberglass 41 Pontiac tub. HRP

loudbang likes this.

5. IMG_1477779565.877395.jpg

6. Slopok

Slopok

Since when do 41 & 49 Pontiac parts interchange???:confused:

7. bchctybob

bchctybob

Post some pictures, it may not be as bad as you think.

8. They don't as far as I know but poor typing on my part is alive and well! :D HRP

Hnstray likes this.
  9. squirrel

squirrel

Now one more person knows the importance of carefully inspecting a car before hauling it home....

but you can make a new floor out of flat steel, if you are ambitious.

10. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Sounds like some time and effort will be needed to fabricate each rusty part, one at a time.

It can be and has been done before, it can be done again. Save it from the scrap heap!!!

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app