Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Airbag woes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MGICM, Oct 29, 2016.

1. MGICM

MGICM
    from TN

Have a 52 pickup bagged on all corners. goto raise rear and see a poof of air from under reAR fenders. Won't go up. Front goes up fine. when I raise back...Front goes down. is it a hole in a rear bag or line? how best to troubleshoot? thanks

2. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

look for a leak, then repair it

3. This is not really an air bag website...

X38 likes this.
  4. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Sounds like a line blew,maybe time to put a real suspension under it so that will not happen again. I do like the idea of having a suspension that can be raised and lowered but too many things that can go wrong so I like things simple and easy to maintain.

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or maybe we just help a guy. Since airbags on customs go back to 1957, OEM's to the early 1960's, and prototype commercial applications to 1933, we can stop squabbling about what y'all think is traditional.

Webster's Dictionary: Traditional: The handing down of information, beliefs, and customs by word of mouth or by example from one generation to another without written instruction.

Traditional means someone saw it, and repeated it. Others saw it, and repeated it, too. Just because YOU did not see it does not mean that others didn't. My elders showed me how, and I repeated what they showed me.

I am sorry that some of you missed that class.

Now, jack the vehicle up as high as you can in the rear. Put jackstands under the frame. Carefully inspect the air line running to that bag, and that bag itself. Look for any sign of defect. When you find the defect, carefully examine the route of the line to see if it has chafed on anything, or has made contact with anything hot, and the bag itself, to make sure that it has not made contact with anything metal, throughout its entire path of travel.

Replace your components as necessary. If you find chafe, burn or rubbing, correct that immediately, checking the entire rest of the vehicle for similar defects. Correct those, too.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Cooon, pat59 and clunker like this.
  6. MGICM

MGICM
    from TN

Sure appreciate . .will try that tomorro