Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Just completed this cover!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  2. Wardog

Wardog

Nice work as usual Geoff. You made Pismo not look as wet as it was.

3. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Ah ha someone out there is awake.
    Thanks Wardog. There was so many amazing images from TROG west. It was hard to choose and I spent a real long time looking and deciding on what images to use. A lot of images had small stuff in the background that would have been out of place. I probably could have toned down the color of the whole cover a bit more, but when I did it had to much of a washed out feel about. Over-all I am reasonably pleased with it.
    The event looked amazing. But I think one of the ironies is, that a place that has one of the most idyllic environments in the world for hot rodding all year around was subject to the forces of mother nature. But as so many people said, everyone one enjoyed it for what it was and obviously what it will become. Yes it was history in the making.

Geoff aka whodaky

509garyd likes this.
  4. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  5. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Looks like the world is still asleep?

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  6. Hey whodaky. how's things. I'm heading over to the camperdown cruise tomorrow, I'll try and grab some pics for you.

7. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Am good thanks FB. Been doing these covers as you can see and still doing bits and pieces on the 3W.
    That will be good to see any images. Maybe I can steal a few more!

Geoff aka whodaky

fuzzybear likes this.
  8. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Hello Geoff , it was good to catch up today and it made my day . I really want to say a big thank you for all these cool cover shot you have created on here which I'm sure have taken a long time to create . I am getting better with my injures and with more therapy I hope to be walking soon . I can't wait to be better and out in the shed tinkering on the coupe .

Drewfus, 509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  9. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Tony. It's always good when we talk, as it's mostly about hot rods.
    As you know I really enjoy doing the covers. The calenders I am doing this year feature covers and I am hoping to get them in the next few days.
    It so good that your leg is healing and I can't wait to hear of you getting back into the garage!

Geoff aka whodaky

10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thought I would do another TROG West cover, featuring '34 coupes.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  11. Hey guys, here's my pics from the Camperdown cruise today. The numbers were a bit down this year probably due to the weather (it rained on and off most of the day). There were very few early cars/ hot rods there but a few 50's-60's cars and early holdens and falcons. It was still a good day though. Apologies for the poor quality pics, I forgot my camera so had to take these on my phone.
    20161022_103302.jpg 20161022_103320.jpg 20161022_103344.jpg 20161022_104520.jpg 20161022_111426.jpg 20161022_111432.jpg 20161022_113204.jpg 20161022_113236.jpg 20161022_113321.jpg 20161022_113341.jpg 20161022_113449.jpg 20161022_113935.jpg 20161022_114018.jpg 20161022_114026.jpg 20161022_114428.jpg 20161022_144033.jpg 20161022_150725.jpg 20161022_150930.jpg

clunker, kidcampbell71 and 509garyd like this.
  12. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks FB for the images. I really love the red Pontiac. I think I see another cover happening, featuring a couple of your images!
    On my last post I have altered the cover slightly. I have added a'34 coupe image to where the old modified was. I love that modified but that cover really needed to be all '34s.
    Was cold wet and miserable here also yesterday!

Geoff aka whodaky

13. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here you go FB. Thankyou for the supply of images.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

14. Love that one Geoff, probably my two favorite cars there.

15. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Another cover featuring a racing on the beach image, I borrowed off the internet!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Big Daddy Choppitt and 509garyd like this.
  16. Great work Geoff, that's my favourite race of gentlemen cover so far.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thankyou GaryD. It's a great image. I love that 3W. I just finished doing a hard cover photo book for myself featuring nearly 40 images of that coupe. Just got to wait for it to turn up in the mail.

Geoff aka whodaky

18. I watched some great footage of TROG on motornation last night. Well worth checking out.

19. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I did this cover a bit earlier!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Drewfus, 509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  20. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's one I think Tony will like a lot.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

21. Wardog

Wardog

Great IMG_2208.jpg work Geoff. It looks like you influenced the paint on the rolling bones coupe or maybe great minds think alike.
    Street Machine magazine have put on a Aussie version of drag week called "Street Machine Drag Challenge" 2 well known vic hot rods are competing. Noel Inman in his tall T sedan and Norm Hardinge in his hemi 32 coupe. I was able to get to Heathcote on Tuesday to watch Norm go 12.2. I stole this photo from the net of Norm at the brand new Swan Hill Dragway.

kidcampbell71 and 509garyd like this.
  22. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for that Wardog. Tony said he'd seen stuff about the drag challenge on face book.
    I don't know about the Rolling Bones crew copying any of my scallops. But I did borrow the paint design for my 5W from Larry Syacy's 5W from Oklahoma, which was on the cover of Hot Rod magazine in February '87 ( see below for that cover and then my take on it! ). This may sound corny, but I think that hot rod changed my life forever. I knew exactly what my next hot rod would be like. That is how my 5W came about and the rest as they say is history.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg Geoff love your front covers, really got a kick seeing the jersey suede but my favourite so far is the one above special low Buck deuce coupe edition!!

I write this post with some sad news to share, Barry Riley who some of you here know well suffered some horrific burns last Friday from a methanol fire that took place when George Peel, myself, Barry and Georges friend Neville where trying to start Nevilles wild flathead digger after many years laying dormant. After successfully starting the engine we got it running strong, several starts later a fire erupted causing burns to Nevilles face and severe burns to Barry's arms, legs and chest. Neville was discharged from hospital yesterday and Barry is still in Royal Alfred waiting news on further treatment. This was a shock to witness but I spoke with Barry today and he is in good spirits. Thoughts go out to Barry for a speedy recovery.

image.jpeg

24. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hi Tom. Thankyou for that sad news. please when you next talk to Barry, let him know I am thinking off him and wishing him well.
    Here's some shots of Barry's lil pickup at Rita and Tony's place during the Port Fairy run 2014

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  25. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Sad and shocked to hear about Nev and Baz .just spoke with George and he said Barry was getting operated on this morning . My prayers are going out to you Barry . Neville is doing well at home .

26. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thankyou for the positive comments on my last few covers. Here is one I did this morning.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  27. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Around 3 weeks ago I had a couple of my covers printed, 24 x 18 inches. They didn't come out to bad. I had a couple of picture frames here already that were bigger than the posters, so I just included some other stuff to completely fill the frames.
    Here in Australia I had the posters done by Harvey Norman. These can be done in store on their computers or it can be done online in your own home. I am on their mailing list and they are always having 'specials', which they send me emails about! The last couple of years I have doNE calenders for the up coming year.
    Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  28. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Any chance we can see some of the calendars you have done?

29. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I know Tony will get a kick out of this one, as will a few Kiwis I am sure.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

30. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here you go Simon . These images are a bit out of focus the calenders a much clearer in person.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.