Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Thinking of my next build....Please post pictures of 33/34 coupes with 32 grille

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sparkswillfly, Oct 10, 2016.

1. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Not a coupe, but............. scan0049.jpg

Squablow, F&J, Sancho and 4 others like this.
  2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Wonder how long it will take for someone to call this car from Portland an "East coast car":rolleyes:

F&J, Sancho, cactus1 and 2 others like this.
  3. Allmotor

Allmotor

Would love to see this car restored, it is just one Bad Ass Hot Rod

falcongeorge, cactus1 and Stogy like this.
  4. It's a style, east coast style care. Don't matter where it was screwed together.

Kinda like cheddar cheese don't always come from Cheddar England. Duffle bags aren't necessarily from Duffle Brussels and Swiss army knifes that aren't from Switzerland - neither is Swiss cheese. :)

Bandit Billy, bct and cactus1 like this.
  5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

its BS is what it is, there were just as many channelled fenderless and cycle fendered cars out West as there were back East. Lots of them right here in Greater Vancouver and Victoria as well. Its basically a way for the HAMB history revisionists to dismiss late fifties style hot rods as a regional aberration. For instance the Griepsma car is from So-Cal.

6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Falcongeorge, thanks for vocalizing your contempt for H.A.M.B. Traditional ideas.
    Seriously thanks.
    Us younger guys, me at 63, have our own idea of what part of traditional styles are acceptable to us. Your pointing out a great mistake we are making.
    Thanks for rattling the cage. I have opened my horizon.

cactus1 likes this.
  7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Your dads car was in May 1954 Hot Rod, right?

Stogy likes this.
  8. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

It was.

Stogy likes this.
  9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Cool. So the car made a Hot Rod feature even with the "handicap" of that "ugly" grill, how 'bout that!;):D
    Wayne Miller.jpg

I had this photo from the article in my rotating screen saver.

Jimmy B, cactus1 and Stogy like this.
  10. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Thank you for the acknowledgment -- what is even cooler is that my father is still around and continues to be an avid hot rodder.

11. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Is that the car in your avatar?

12. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

It is not. It is a car I put together over the last decade with the help of my dad. I built it as close as I could to his old coupe.

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Mad 034 I still hope we can meet up one day, I would really like to see your car in person. I was kind of hoping you would have made Deuce Days, but I didn't see you.

14. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

If you ever come down south give me a shout.

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Will do, I was at Monroe a couple weeks ago.

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup...

Always welcome in my rulebook. It was generated while I was in my still in dad and mom's fuzzies. Hamb friendly for sure. To me I just know its right as so many say.

I was just thinking about the tidy garage and the car in storage. I envision it would be laid out like a model kit ready to be snapped away and put together. I wish I could meet the fellow and tell him how cool a Hotrod he had put together. I will never tire of looking at footage of that car. One thing I really like is the use of a large front tire to raise the front to enable use of a taller shell. Somebody is going to inherit a historical gem someday. I hope Jim Griespa finds a good caretaker as that is what I would do. I'm sure its not easy as these are big decisions...

Hey Sparks No matter what, you will find fans of the vision you have...Nobody can please the world. So there are lots of like minded people here. Give Jim Griespa a call...look at that Deuce coupe that fellow got a few days ago. Ya never know...;)

cactus1 likes this.
  17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

According to Pat Ganahls book, he is slowly restoring it, so its probably not for sale, at this point anyway.

Stogy likes this.
  18. I love that coupe, the proportions are spot on

Stogy, falcongeorge and MAD 034 like this.
  19. The article for those that would like a read.

hrm-may-54-036.jpg hrm-may-54-037.jpg

Stogy, falcongeorge, cactus1 and 3 others like this.
  20. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Thanks everyone for the pictures and comments. I really like 60's style hot rods. I like to keep things simple and a little different while having "the look". Please keep the pictures and comments coming!

Attached Files:

Stogy, falcongeorge and cactus1 like this.
  21. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

It make be of interest to some that the NSRA giveaway car this year is of this style. The build is featured in the monthly publication of the NSRA "Street Scene".

Let the bashing begin.

John

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. Pics?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. I'd drive it! Thanks for the pic @Jimmy B.

24. crf500

crf500

There is a great deal of people on here. That like to (Post there nose) where they shouldn't be.
    I personally think a lot of them, don't even think about what they say.Not trying to hurt anyone's feelers. Some do it just to be arseholes! !I think Henry should of channeled them from the factory! In the end opinions are like assholes everybody has one. build it like you want.

25. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

How did I miss this thread until now? I love channeled 33-34 Ford coupes with 32 grills! To me they are very traditional.

cactus1 likes this.