Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects H.A.M.B. relay - a small one !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steve hackel, Oct 17, 2016.

1. steve hackel

steve hackel

I am turning to the HAMB community for a little help here. I need to get a pair of "Ardun" valve covers transported from Hubbardsville NY 13355, towards the South suburbs of Chicago Illinois where Illinois RT 80 and Illinois RT 57 would cross, just West of the Illinois / Indiana boarder. The seller does not wish to crate them up and ship them to me, and I can understand that (somewhat o_O) because they are very heavy / bulky / hard to package / and somewhat valuable too! Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you do not wish to post your reply here on the barn, send me a P.M. and we can talk further. Thanks for any and all help. regards, Steve Hackel

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'm not even in your part of the country, but I can bump you back to the top.

3. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

If you can get them to the Springfield Il area I can get them up to Mokena, give me an excuse to go see Mom and the Evil Step Dad.

4. steve hackel

steve hackel

The best thing I have going so far is having them taken to Auburn Indiana the first week of November - I still would need to drive there & back myself, and that is about 7 hours round trip.
    Anyone from Auburn area heading towards Chicago............:eek:

5. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

sent you a pm

6. 5window

5window

There was a set of Ardun heads at Hershey-$30K. No offense to the previous posters, or any other HAMBer individual, but I'd be slightly nervous about having a complete stranger pick up something this valuable and drive off into the sunset. I'd find someway to insure them. Better yet, find someone in the seller's hometown who will crate them up for the seller-and not wanting to package something I was selling for that much money seems lame to me- and then ship them commercially from there. Best of luck.

Just read your post again and maybe they're just the valve covers, but still-above applies.

7. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

X2

8. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Valve covers aren't that heavy so what's the big deal? Put them in a sturdy box with a lot of crumpled up newspapers and maybe some bubble wrap and mail them instead of using UPS (United Package Smashers). Good luck....

9. steve hackel

steve hackel

Yep - simple to box them up..... but I am not the one that can't / will not box them up for shipping,
    so what is a person to do? "RELAY" It's just a pair of valve covers, not a pair of Ardun heads:eek:
    I will figure something out eventually :cool: Thanks, Steve

10. silent rick

silent rick

how about a hamber nearby who can pick them up and box and ship them for you.

11. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

FedEx will box them up, insure them and ship then all in one stop. Easy peasy.

low budget likes this.
  12. DSmoke

DSmoke

Maybe a courier service in the area where they are located will do the work for you and drop them off for shipping. That way you are dealing with a company and have a "paper trail" should your parts not arrive.