Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods scattershield for 392 hemi ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carryallman, Oct 18, 2016.

1. carryallman

carryallman

been looking for a scattershield for a 392 hemi-i like the "quik times" ones -i know there not legal for dragstrip BUT the tensile strength looks like its up there aways ! "holley" corp owns -quik times -they give mr a model # rm 6078 - looks like its a starter mount on drivers side -uses a hyd clutch -and is set up for a 11" clutch- 130 tooth-flywheel & uses a gm trans or richmond bolt pattern - anybody familiar with this product ? i dont like using a hyd. clutch-maybe it can be converted ??

2. 73RR

73RR

Can't offer anything on the $$$-time but remember that an A-LA can will mount to the 392 via an adapter.
    Some folks have mounted them direct and installed new locating dowels and added a spacer at the trans but doing this will screw up the starter-to-flywheel interface.

3. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

The 6078 is for a big block Mopar. Not going to work for you. Quicktime bells are nice pieces. You are still going to need an early hemi to "whatever" make bell housing ...due to the crankshaft length.
    There is no direct fit for what you are trying to do.

All the later QuickTime bell housings are SFI certified.