Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ≤Ω≤Ω≤Friday Art Show 10-14-2016≥Ω≥Ω≥

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Oct 14, 2016.

1. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

And......of course...my phone rotated it. I'm horrible at this. Nice work so far guys.

2. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Figures....my phone rotated it. Sorry. Nice work guys.

Jigger and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  3. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

ON THE FRAME.jpg The Friday Art Show is where I feel at home on the HAMB so you guys have to put up with me. This was last night out at the shop with my 1930 Model A body getting set on it's frame....Tudor Delivery...shop truck

oldsjoe, Cruisin', traffic61 and 9 others like this.
  4. I missed last week, Dammit. What a great start. I'll try to post a pic of my old truck. Wish I had never sold it.
    Later,
    Dick

Attached Files:

5. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

IMG_0030.JPG Here is where it all started. The build has taken 9 months so far. Gary

oldsjoe, Cruisin', Sancho and 8 others like this.
  6. I added color to my delivery sketch. It didn't help the drawing, but it looks more like the real car. 049.jpg 005.jpg

7. OK,...here's a few shop trucks from the past,...
    fas 230.jpg fas 231.jpg fas 051.jpg fas 054.jpg fas 394.jpg

8. ...and...I found this tin sign at a resale shop,...the artist is Larry Grossman (retrovision.com),,,I thot you guys mite like to see this....it'd be cool to get pulled over by this!

64,47 dodges sign, diecast 009.jpg

9. Great proportions and detail. Ya just need to keep drawing them like this while practicing shading and texting techniques on separate paper, a lot. Once you get comfy with that, I’d love to see how you apply it to a sketch like this.

10. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

I've posted these photos before but I reprocessed them, I kind of like the subtle glowing effect I was able to achieve.

32FORD.JPG

ROADSTER.JPG

11. Thanks Larry and all you guys. Great show so far! The shop truck theme was just a suggestion not a rule but I’m glad to see people who wouldn’t usually post adding to the Art Show.

I received a PM from Flat Roy, telling me about his 1950 F1. I was going to post this one earlier, it is old and crude and in great need of a revised updated version but I wanted to share it for the time being... Some day I will post the one he suggested...

Every hot rod is a person’s potential last...

[​IMG]

12. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

T shirt art for the Geezer show in Lamar.

2a.jpg

13. A few per Jiggers pickup theme.

Mini pencil sketch
    [​IMG]

A couple of renderings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Thanks Jigger for the kind words. Love you guy's work. Hey Rustyl, would love for you to do a drawing for me with some ford falcons and 46-48 fords.

ct1932ford likes this.
  15. Zykotec

Zykotec

Just some ordinary classics here.
    The bellybutton '32 Custom, with carson top, lakepipes and a Desoto grille.
    [​IMG]
    And the Typical chopped Mercury Hot Rod, with flames and mags.
    [​IMG]
    Also, since there are so many trucks this week, I quickly sketched a 57 Fuel injected El Camino-150
    [​IMG]

16. My shop truck, looks like one of Rusty1's drawings. lol 003.jpg

17. robber

robber

Here's a few more ol' shots ... :) cp 417.JPG cp 432.jpg cp 548.JPG cp 558.JPG

18. robber

robber

... and "Classical Gasser"... :) cp 439.JPG

19. A fancy shop truck.
    chevillac4-copy.jpg
    A quick digital sketch of '61 Biscayne. I also love '61 Impalas.
    61_biscayne-copy.jpg

20. Great mild custom concept, Ron. I really lie the way this one is drawn. Next time you need a new printer, get one with a scanner so you can bring out the best in your sketches.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  21. Putting on me Aussie cap... “Noyce Digi-doodles Mate?” (well, it sound a little like didgeridoo...)

Spoggie likes this.
  22. Thanks Jigger, I'm not to hi tech, most of the time I just draw something, then take a picture of it with the cell phone, then down load to the pc, than to 016.jpg the HAMB. lol I always make copies before I try adding color so not to ruined the drawing. what does a scanner do ? I Like your truck theme. So here's a couple more.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  23. Before and after 50 Chevrolet 007.jpg 008.jpg pickup interior.

24. kenmo

kenmo

[​IMG]
    1941 Willys at 2016 Atlantic Nationals, Moncton, New Brunsiwck.... Happy Friday everyone...:)

25. b-bop

b-bop

Jigger, What's with the date on this thread? Am I living in the future?

Jigger likes this.
  26. Dang me! Yep, Time Warp! But I fixed the Flux Capacitor so all is well in the past and well in the future.

So, to close out the night, Today on Turner Classics they showed a bunch of 1940’s race themed shows.
    In one, a motor cycle flick, there was a quick shot of a group of groupie dames with one gal placed, strategically, close to the camera. It spawned a quick sketch. I threw some color in it... I might add that, while this is a cartoon, it is not so exaggerated from the true proportions of the slick chic.

“Dame”

[​IMG]