Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Passing of John Dianna

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blue One, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

2. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

RIP John, I worked there for a short stint and although he was tough, he was fair too.

3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

4. He had an impact on the hobby. RIP

5. Rest in Peace,"Lil Buckaroo"

falcongeorge likes this.
  6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

The Sedan Deliveries of John Dianna, George Cureton, and the YOO HOO TOO gang, were what started me on my Sedan Delivery quest. I'm on number 4 now. This is particularly sad news for me. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Dooley likes this.
  7. I'm several years younger than John and didn't know him. As a reader of rod magazines beginning in the early 60s I was surprised when he popped on the scene in Hot Rod as editor. He was obviously a young kid at the time and up to that time Hot Rod editors and editorial staff were always gray haired legendary names. Sad to hear of his passing.

8. 1934coupe

1934coupe

RIP John Dianna, God speed.

Pat

9. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

John rose up the ranks at Petersen fast and soon was calling the shots and then moved on to start his own publications. That is when the love affair ended for many of his followers. He was a very intelligent man who fought to keep his company alive but failed. He was a drag racer, writer, editor and business man with a vision. He was one of us who had a passion for Hot Rods. He made his mark in our hobby. RIP John

need louvers ? likes this.
  10. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I remember reading his pieces in HRM back in the 70's. Always enjoyed them. Didn't know what became of him, I had quit taking magazines by the time he left HRM. Another name in our hobby that will be missed.

11. I enjoyed the pictorial coverage of the articles published in street rod builder magazine- the format allowed slugs like myself to better understand the car building and customizing process.
    RIP John- an innovator in the automotive publishing business

12. missysdad1

missysdad1

I worked with and then for John many years ago and, while I didn't sometimes agree with him, I always respected his leadership ability. I am saddened by his passing.

13. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I wondered where he was hiding. I liked Chevy Rumble

14. buffaloracer

buffaloracer
    from kansas

Didn't know the man but I sure learned a lot for his engine blue printing book.
    RIP.
    Pete

15. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET