Register now to get rid of these ads!

Civics & Scions . . . and Falcons & Model A's . . . oh my!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Bull, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Bull

Bull

So another newbie from the north here. I'm just a young punk at 28 (or so I'd like to think anyway!), but I've been around NOS (neat old stuff) all my life. My dad took me to my first car show when I was just an infant and its been all down hill ever since.

My dad always had a 50 Ford Business Coupe in the garage and usually at least one side project he was working on that he let me get my hands dirty with. Whether it was grabbing tools for him, operating the engine hoist or sanding panels from about age 3, I was at home in the garage with pops.

My dad has worked for Honda for over 20 years, so along with my passion for rods & customs came an interest in Japanese cars. Call them "Jap crap" if you will, but its what kept food on the table in our home.

I picked up my first project at age 11 -- a 30 Ford Tudor. I still have it today . . . and yep, still a basket case, though I do have a couple flatties to chose from now to drop between the rails when the time is right. After getting my license I strayed to the dark side and bought a few different Hondas. None were left stock for very long . . . and no, they weren't the typical rice mobiles you're all familiar with either. My latest Honda was a 96 Civic hatchback that became a dedicated track whore. Gutted, caged, harnesses, engine swapped, Konis, etc etc etc . . . it was used primarily in open lapping events. I've also got an 06 Scion xB . . . dropped, nice wheels and plenty boxy . . . for the daily grind. I recently bought a 62 Ford Falcon 2dr Wagon as well. My dad had a 63 Sprint when I was born and I guess I was always fond of the little birds. I recently sold the track car, so now the Model A will get some love.

The current stable of NOS (neat old stuff) includes:

62 Ford Falcon 2dr Wagon - Mine
    30 Ford Tudor Sedan - Mine
    50 Ford Business Coupe - dad's
    37 Ford Pick-up - dad's

So there you have it . . . my car history . . . sorry for the novel . . . :cool:

2. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

Please take note that "NOS" stands for New Old Stock. The continuation of misuse will lead to total bastardization of the term! hahaah... kinda like how idiots misuse the term "shoebox."

3. knuckle

knuckle
    from Missery

Good Intro.

Show us some current pics of the A and keep us updated with the progress.

Welcome aboard.

I thought NOS meant Never Over Sexed....Oh well....

4. Bull

Bull

LOL . . . yes yes I know . . . New Old Stock . . . I just thought Neat Old Stuff had a better ring to it than Garage Full-O-Old Junk. :)

5. JyNX

JyNX

By chance, do you have any shots of your Falcon? Ive got my hopes on getting a '63 soon, and looking for different ideas from others that have them, on how I want it to look.

6. Red69Hoss

Red69Hoss

Welcome. I hope to start a Falcon wagon project sometime in the next couple of years. One of my surfing buddies in high school had a black 63 Falcon woodie with a 260, glass packs, "mags" and curtains in the windows. Bitchin' car.

7. Bull

Bull

8. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

Welcome to the HAMB. Get going on the Tudor and treat us with some pics along the way. Real cool that your dad had you surrounded by cars in the past-- I think a lot of us guys here share that similar valuable history...

I can respect your wide scope of interest in cars, but for posts on this board please just pretend the jap cars dont exist :) I'd prefer to be stuck in the traditional custom and hot rod ages and pretend the jap car age doesnt exist.

Cheers,

-scott noteboom

9. Bull, Welcome from a local.I spied that wagon in the classifieds.Way cool! Hope to see you around town.

Doc