Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Dave jenkins passed away.recently.Known well for his black 57 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bsa_bob, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Dave Jenkins died last night of cancer hes been fighting for sometime.He will be viewed at the Stark funeral homes in Ypsilanti mich Further times and such do this afternoon.Online bob s

2. Ohhh man....Dave was a great guy. I will miss seeing his 57.

3. Sorry to hear, condolences to his family. Always thought it was so cool he bought it new an continued to improve upon the car. Nice looking 57, and those skirts made it unique.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere Sympathy goes out to his Family, and friends - title of thread should be changed

5. Prayers for his family. God bless Dave!!

6. Go into original thread and hit edit. It should allow you to edit the entire thread. Let me know if you would like me to start another Thread

7. Changed the title abit

8. Not to nitpick..maybe put something about Daves passing in the title....I'm out of town for work at the moment...thought about conversations I've had with him over the years while eating a quite dinner alone tonight. So sad to see my old friends passing away..

9. Oh man, this one hurts. I've been crazy about Dave's car for years and was looking forward to seeing it in person one day and meeting him. Bums me out that will never happen.
    My deepest condolences to his family and friends. Vaya con Dios Mr. Jenkins..........E

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to the Jenkins family and friends on Dave's passing.

11. Chuck Leighton left a message on my phone this morning about Dave's passing. Gotta give him props;he beat cancer several times. Thought he had it done this time too until I talked to Ron(can never remember his last name)at Brooklyn the other night .He had been down to visit Dave and he said it looked really bad. Wished I had gotten over to say goodbye. Last show I saw him at he was looking pretty good and when we talked he seemed on top of it all. A sad day indeed. Rest in peace Dave;you will be missed.

stillrunners and OG lil E like this.
  12. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Dave was certainly a great guy. Despite his long and painful battle with cancer, he managed to enjoy his car and going to car shows until the end. He was one of the great local guys and his presence will be missed.

OG lil E likes this.
  13. jeta12

jeta12

Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends.

14. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

R.I.P. I never knew him but loved his 57

OG lil E likes this.
  15. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I met him and got to see his car a couple years ago at the Custom Car Revival. He was quite pleased when he won the peoples choice award. Hopefully, he enjoyed the moment as much as it was like the first trophy he won back when it was built originally. A great honor for a beautiful car and it`s owner, owned by the same person after all those years.

OG lil E likes this.