Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Long, slow pilothouse build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redline8300, Sep 21, 2016.

1. redline8300

redline8300
    from Howell, MI

Well I finally finished up a Bronco project and starting on a Dodge I bought back in 1993. This is going to be a long slow build, which will help as I make plans. It is still about 3" too high. Tomorrow I plan to gut the interior to get the mouse piss stench out of the garage.

Attached Files:

Paul B and AHotRod like this.
  2. manyolcars

manyolcars

Dodge trucks werent used for traditional hotrods

X38 likes this.
  3. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Lots of trucks were used as shop trucks back in the day. Ford wasn't the only company building trucks, and they were not the only trucks used as shop trucks.
    Build away. I'll be watching. Gene

slim sammy likes this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I loved my 53' back in 1969. I slipped in a 361 Chrysler and Torqueflight. A little light on the back end but that puppy would haul the mail. I'm not too sure you can call it a pilot house without having the quarter windows but way kool any way.

6. Going to be a cool build looking forward to seeing your progress. Hobo Jim

7. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

jimmy six, The trucks were called pilot house because of the shape of the cab, and the amount of glass compared to the 39-47 Dodge trucks, and compared to other manufacturers at the time. The quarter windows were an option. Gene

8. sweetdick2

sweetdick2
    from new jersey

I'm doing a 49 Pilot house now. Mounted on a s10 frame(good fit) 454, slammed in the weeds all original exterior. Admittedly not the most stylish truck but I'm a huge fan of the underdog!!

9. Pete

Pete

Your truck looks incredibly solid! I dig the old pilot houses! Keep the photos coming.

10. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

image.jpeg Here is my '53 Dodge 1/2 ton. Flathead 6 , dropped axle , disc brakes up front and flipped shackles rear axle.

iwanaflattie likes this.
  11. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

Who cares, it's his truck ?

slim sammy likes this.
  12. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

Everything cheap and affordable was built into a traditional hotrod. Don't listen to the naysayers. Here is a little inspiration, my nephews Dodge "X-Rated" truck. rbss3.jpg