Register now to get rid of these ads!

back to the 50s roll call?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Anybody going up I-35 or I-80 through Des Moines?
    Tom - restorit

2. McKee

McKee

Don't you need to have a hotel room booked in order to be allowed to have your car on the grounds?.....correct me if I'm wrong!.....met Terry Cook at Autorama and he was an arrogant gasbag!

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

not that i know of... that'd leave a shitload of locals parked outside the fence

PS.. i should be there either friday durring the late morning till around 7, or the same time on saturday... not sure which day falls on my schedule.

Jason... why on foot? where's the C-Dan? :confused:

4. bcarlson

bcarlson

I'll be there, but I'm not guaranteeing I'll have the truck there... Hope it's at least got the motor in by then though!

Ben

5. definately NOT , as long as you are registered ,fit the year range and don't cause problems -your in
    don't know T.C. so can't comment on him

6. buflochp

buflochp
    from Minnesota

I am registered, rooms reserved and waiting for the snow to melt. Stop and talk for awhile, I don't get too far from the car anymore. buflochp:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

7. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I'll be there all four days with my '28 Roadster or possibly the '49 Shoebox.

8. krooser

krooser

Me too...every year since '94...I'll be hanging on the fence Friday and Saturday night....

9. I'll be there.with luck me and my buddy will have his 55 chevy.that is if he doesn't start it on fire again!;)

10. Hardway

Hardway

I'll be there with my 52 Olds 98 DeLuxe. Probably parking by the space needle or thereabouts. Say hello if you see me.
    Scott

11. ill be thare in the shoe box but i got a long way to go and no time to get there

12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

cool, looks like there should be a good number of us running around.
    im still planing on heading up hwy 60 threw mankato and ariving around mid nite thursday night if an ones looking for some one to convoy with.

lets see some pix of what your taking, a description is good but a pictures worth a thousand words

tim

13. I'm pretty sure I will be in my A. I don't think I will be ready to drive the Merc by then.

Attached Files:

14. Kanadia Kev

Kanadia Kev

its gona be a no-show for me. way to far now,, and no time off. I'll be wishing i was there tho' . smoke some cloves for me...

15. 31Rodder

31Rodder

Here is my A I will be driving.

Attached Files:

16. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

you suedes boyz build some sick fuckin cars up that way... eyeballs c-dan is one of the cleanest around, and 31rodder's coupe DEFINATLY has the look :cool:

17. ground_pounder

ground_pounder

hoping to be there in my 57 for sure and as of yesterday, my 55 ford should be on the road again with a good 302. will be sayin hey n have a few sodas in the back. i am in saint paul too just south of the fairgrounds, in case anybody wants my number 4 breakdowns n such, just message me so u have it b4 you leave
    lance

Attached Files:

18. titus

titus

Bob, i didnt know they made a chevette in 62:(

im sure me the the gf will make it out there, she is actually going to have a booth out at bttf selling cool stuff.

i have no idea what ill be driving, or on what day!

jeff

19. You guys might want to watch out on the fence, last year the MSRA had me out there videotaping what was going on as they are in a pissing contest with the the City of Lauderdale about the hot rodding and burnouts, etc. I heard you guys reving the ricers up, but didn't realize it was you guys until after I got done reading the posts last year, I thought it was funny a hell and everytime I heard something I point the camera in the other direction some I wouldn't pickup anything. The MSRA is saying that the trouble is all the ricers on Snelling and the City is claming that it is the street rodders causing the problem, well of course everything I caught on tape was ricers!!! But I don't know if they will be patrolling that area or not, just thought you might want to know.

20. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Ahh- Yes...Btt 50's and Spoons will be making a return after spending the last 2 years down @ Bowling Green. Hell, I have no Idea what I'll drive up there. Probably my Bourbon'. Be there on Thurs. Night for Haystacks Party..

Spoons:D

21. hilborn283

hilborn283

I'm in..47 international,headin out with a bunch of us.dan's 53 buick,cam's tube chassis 58 austin healey sbc tubbed,garry's 27 t-deck roadster,and adam's 42 pontiac.if things dont work out with the international,i'll be in my ol reliable 64 mercury meteor,dubbed "daisy" as it is yellow with a white roof.

22. hilborn283

hilborn283

oh..yeah we are headin out from winnipeg manitoba canada.i am driving in to winnipeg from saskatoon.any canadian hambers wanna join our convoy?

23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

man after seeing kroosin's blown hemi f truck im getting stoked for june

24. BJR

BJR

Got a photo or two you can post of that 47 International? My son and I build a Cad powered one and I always like to see how other people did theirs. Brian

25. len_m

len_m
    from wpg,can

theres one in his profile...i might have one or two on my computer. but i'd have to look hard. at this very moment he's working on it putting a motor tranny in it. it's a nice truck

26. Little Rat

Little Rat

Count the rat in. Last year had a blast.

27. Soviet

Soviet

This should be at the Ignitors booth by the grand stands. Drop by and say hi to the scruffy looking one.
    [​IMG]

28. WE WILL BE THERE!..
    I have started resting/saving up for the big swap already..we were scouting potential shady spots after the GSTA show..(they have removed a lot of trees and changed some roads and stuff on the fairgrounds)
    Got my numbers packet and I touch it often to keep track of it..
    too soon it will be here ..to soon it will be over..
    We live close enough for a nice early spot each day..

hamb meeting and or group cruise?
    paperdog

29. got my registration for camping in the mail today. said they were half full.....

30. Bugman

Bugman

I'll probably be there, assuming I remember to register...