Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My 32 roadster project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hutch built, May 15, 2016.

1. loudbang

loudbang

I agree an inch or two would give it a better stance

2. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Simply stunning

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I blame all the new HAMB changes... especially the way sorts / searches are restricted when using the "new posts" button... because I don't believe I've EVER seen your build thread before this morning. You have built an amazing car and are truly a craftsman fabricator. Almost a shame to paint it! Hat's off. Gary

lothiandon1940 and Baron like this.
  4. tevintage

tevintage

Fabulous roadster. Thanks for sharing the deliciously unique details. Love it all, especially the simple and elegant dash! Looking forward to your finishing touches.TEB

Sent from my SM-N920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. 1929CDAN

1929CDAN

I like the early FORD brake handle.

6. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

When I was looking at the side profile pics, I really wanted to say, I think you need to raise the rear end up about 1.5", but I couldn't bring myself to bust on such a nice detailed build. Then I went back and read the full post. Glad you are thinking along those lines. This car is gonna be a knockout.

lothiandon1940, Baron and loudbang like this.
  7. AmishMike

AmishMike

Great build. Love the e-brake setup. How are you going to cover/protect gas line on passenger floor? Almost a shame to upholster & cover all that nice work.

8. Look forward to seeing it in October. Nothing short of extraordinary. Agree that 1" to 2" up in the back and you're golden.:D

OLSKOOL32 and lothianwilly71 like this.
  9. Hutch built

Hutch built

I'm going to make some floor boards out of 1/8 aluminum that will sit on top of the raised sections of the floor and be removable for access. Underneath will be the fuel and brake lines, parking brake, wiring and insulation . I plan on using Dynamat rubber flooring on top.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Have to say it... I would not run fuel lines thru the pax cabin. I'd shoot for one side of the driveshaft tunnel instead. Taking my "Mr. Safety" hat off now. Gary

loudbang and greaser like this.
  11. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Simply The Mark Of A Craftsman

12. x2
    Another great reason to attend the Jalopyrama.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. Fulvia

Fulvia

Probably the coolest and most innovative builds I've seen in months.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chop job likes this.
  14. my2nd40

my2nd40
    from Tennessee

I just read this complete thread. I now know that my skills as a fabricator are about equal to those that lived in the Mesolithic age, about 10,000 years ago, compared to what I see in this build. This weekend I'll go out to my cave, which until today I called my shop, and pound some rocks together, or possibly try to make fire.

56shoebox, metlmunchr, seadog and 8 others like this.
  15. ...............See this masterpiece here. 08092016.jpg 08242016_0001.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  16. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

Beautiful work. Thank you for sharing. I am overwhelmed at your talent.

AmishMike likes this.
  17. Hutch built

Hutch built

Finished up the trans tunnel today. Hard to belive how many hours I got in this one piece. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Made a cup holder.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. loudbang

loudbang

All your hard work paid off it looks great.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  19. Hutch, Is this yours as well? 20160910_101416.jpg

509garyd and kidcampbell71 like this.
  20. Hutch built

Hutch built

The "A" and Mercury belong to my brother and sister in law. My father was there too in his 36 delivery.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. That "A' is incredible. The level of detail made me think it might be yours........and of course the name on the windshield entry form.:D

22. Both very nice cars........I just tend to gravitate towards "hot rods".:)

23. Very nice built, congrats. Have you decided on the colour yet? And will you have a top for it?
    You definitely deserve the highest credit for this car.

Baron likes this.
  24. Hutch built

Hutch built

Thanks! I plan on doing the frame in a satin black and the body in a very dark satin blue. I will be running a black canvas top and a black interior.

loudbang, lothiandon1940 and Baron like this.
  25. 56shoebox

56shoebox

How in God's name have I not seen this thread before today. Holy mackerel Andy!!!!!
    I find it funny that you sent out your metal to have louvers added. All that amazing metal work you did from scratch, the metal break, bead roller, welding skills, and lathe and you don't own a louver punch? I think someone on the HAMB should send you one as thanks for posting your build.

Thanks for sharing your amazing work with us.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  26. Awesome thread and thanks for taking the time to post it all up! One of my favorite things about the car is the raised rear wheel well radius as that's something on my "to do to a '32" list for when I can get up enough scratch or skills to build one. Were you able to document that or was that done before all the picture taking?
    Thanks again!

27. Hutch built

Hutch built

Believe it or not I have had minimum experience working with sheet metal before this car, so I was a little intimidated about raising the wheel wells. I had my friend Ray Bartlett and his crew at the East Coast Hotrod Garage do them for me. They did a great job in a timely mater and left it to where I needed to finish the job by completing the inner body rails,this saved me money as I'm on a tight budget. It's been a lot of fun teaching myself how to use the sheet metal tools I have and I'd like to get some more in the future and keep learning.

lothiandon1940, loudbang and Baron like this.
  28. Hutch built

Hutch built

Here is some pictures of the wheel wells being raised at The East Coast Hotrod Garage, sorry I didn't take more of the process.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

29. tmfcracing

tmfcracing
    from Sweden

Im all in :) true craftsmanship . I like it a lot !!!
    Cheers / Martin

30. Awesome! Thanks!