Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fastest you've ever been?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drewid, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Zenbone

Zenbone

136 in my 73 maveric many years ago, got it to speed and just let it there for about 4 minutes. 116 on my 1978 R65 bmw many times... that is flat out as fast as it would go. i would lay flat and wind it out every morning i was on overtime, straight down Rt. 19 clearwater at 5am.

Deuces likes this.
  2. gas & guns

gas & guns

Too many different cars to remember, but here's a few...130+ in my buddies GTX airborne across a set of RR tracks... 110- 115 on my old 68 sportster... 125 my old
    70 1/2 rs camaro, had bad unbalanced front tires, shaking so bad cigarette butts were jumping out of the ash tray. She wasn't quite topped out but I blew off one of the turbo mufflers and had to shut her down (good thing). Spun out on a 2 lane black top at about 105, trees on both sides of the road. Left about 400 ft of skid marks on the road except when we on the grass (more in my shorts). That was an OT camaro... but the fastest was riding shotgun in Biffle's car at MIS. Iast summer. 7 lap shootout racing Kyle Busch's car. Coming out of turn two we were on the rev limiter and close enough to Busch's car, I could have signed his drivers door with a Sharpie.

Deuces likes this.
  3. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

Anytime I go over 130 in one of my contraptions I start having thoughts like, did I put a cotter pin in this or that and does it torque to 45 lbs. or 85 lbs.? and when was the last time I really looked at that?

Deuces and Cooon like this.
  4. So if you pegged it that would have been 149 MPH right? Still pretty damned fast for an electric car.

I had a friend that was stationed in Germany and he said everyone car 200 on the autobahn, later I found out it was KPH and although 124 MPH is pretty damned fast for cruising it still is not the same as running 200 across the Nevada desert. ;)

Deuces likes this.
  5. Model T1

Model T1

Would have gone faster but the extension cord wasn't long enough and it came unplugged.

Deuces likes this.
  6. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I had a 1961 Thunderbird convertible, which I'd put 3x2-barrel carbs on the 390 V8....wanted to test it out on the freeway--- had the top down, and got it up to 115mph with 1/2" left on the pedal to the floor...scared the s**t outta me, especially when some guy pulled in front of me in the passing lane, and I had to slow down with drum brakes all around...talk about squirrly and white-knuckle:eek:....seem to remember I drove home at 45 mph after that episode!----------------I am happy in 'old fart' mode now!

Deuces likes this.
  7. gmhillbilly

gmhillbilly

Got stopped for going in excess of 130 in a 25 mph zone in a 70 Chevy swb in high school. Good times.

Deuces likes this.
  8. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I hit 135 in my '85 Nissan 300ZX Turbo with a 5 speed in 1993 on I-15 in the desert in SoCal. About 10 miles before you get to the Nevada line you reach the top of a big hill (small mountain?) and it's all downhill and perfectly straight for at least 10 miles. I opened it up and could have gone faster but I started getting paranoid about having a blowout at that speed so I backed off like a PUSSY! :D

Deuces likes this.
  9. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had my stock banger powered Tudor up to 61mph down hill with a tailwind- felt like I was going a 150mph LOL

MO54Frank, High test 63 and Deuces like this.
  10. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

FED 206MPH
    9-C1 160mph

Deuces likes this.
  11. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

35 in my 1947 Whizzer motorbike!!!!!!----Dad clocked me thru the '41 Buick rolled down window!----Swore I was doing 50!!!

Deuces, porknbeaner and low budget like this.
  12. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had a 69 lift-off hood 440 4spd Roadrunner way back in 1970 headed to Morro Bay from Fresno, my cousin following in a 67 Z28 (yes, a REAL 67 Z28). Coming out of the foothills headed toward 4 corners he pulls out and acts like he is going to come around me...not a rats assed chance...I threw it into 3rd, hit the throttle and the race was on. As hard as he tried he finally had to let off and get back in line. Man that 440 pulled hard. not sure how fast but around 105 I got a pretty good rattle in the shifter that went away about 110 and from there on it was smooth as glass. Guessing probably around 125, geared 3.54 if I remember right. But about 5 years ago, had my wifes Lexus up to 142 on the exact same stretch of road. It would've gone more but I got a little spooked, CHP radars that section pretty regularly now.

Deuces likes this.
  13. 33essex

33essex

Let's see 130 in my 79 Malibu and 155 driving my friends all wheel drive exotic car. I can say 130 in the Malibu felt like it. In the all wheel drive 155 felt like I was doing 65 maybe 70.

Deuces and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

I've enjoyed these stories... 85-but not 90 mph in my '49 Chevy 1/2 ton, 235, Fentons, 2X2 Carter-Webers on a dual Edelbrock intake, '69 3sp+od. Don't care for scary fast.

MO54Frank and Deuces like this.
  15. willymakeit

willymakeit

By speedo, over 145 in a 70 ,built 383 challenger. When I got home our local cop met me in the drive and said park it. Said they clocked me at 145 and leaving.
    The Mo. HP and sheriffs were chasing me. Ground was glowing underneath the headers were so hot.
    Same cop used to take my beer away on Fr' night, then call me Sat. morning tog fishing and drink my beer.

Deuces likes this.
  16. Fulvia

Fulvia

170 on a gl1800, and 180 in a NASCAR car.

Deuces likes this.
  17. Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the cars. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

18. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I use to Road Race street bikes in my twenties. I've been up in the 170s on a couple faster tracks.
    But on the street before I'd gotten smart a decided not to get myself killed Id ridden begger faster bikes that could break the 200 on a good day. I haven't ever completely or officially topped out any of these bikes but believe I may have seen the high side of 180 a time or two.
    Then about 15 years ago I started building a big block Chevy powered old Nascar inspired 70s Pontiac to go 200. That fizzled out.
    Since those days though my wife has put the kibosh on that bucket list quest.
    With a little time away from all that youthful nonsense it doesn't really seem to be important anymore and anything up into the hundred and teens or twenties seems pretty fast to me now.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces likes this.
  19. samurai mike

samurai mike

ha ha . you just got your stripes!

Deuces and hotroddon like this.
  20. I-80 somewhere in Utah in my OT Corvette. 162mph.jpg

Deuces and choptop4 like this.
  21. Update to the last update. After a blower pully swap and a dynno tune, we got the ZO-6 to go 183 in the standing mile. A few months later the methanol filter plugged and Jeremy broke ring lands on #5 and #7 pistons. That was using the original cast pistons in the original motor! Now has a forged bottom end and rotating assy.

Deuces likes this.
  22. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

pfft...... went at least 30mph down hill driving a Foden steam truck, everything shaking wildly , front wheels shimmying, steam, oil and shit flying everywhere, couldn't see the steam gauge properly but was too busy keeping the thing on the road to care what the pressure was anyway, had to jump with all my weight on the "brake" to get back to a sensible speed at the bottom of the hill , scared us all ....... but Id do it again, maybe a steeper hill?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  23. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

A co-worker had a done-to-the-nines 429 '70 Torino Cobra and took me for a spin to an on-ramp to a local freeway. Stopped at the entrance, took a quick look around, and nailed it! Major rubber in all four gears and we were doing 120 when we hit the freeway. Kept his foot in it till we hit 130 and then backed off when we came to traffic and a curve about a mile down the road. It took three weeks to wipe the smile off my face!

Deuces and Paint Guru like this.
  24. Lepus

Lepus

Back in the mid eighties, I had a stock '67 Sedan DeVille.One night, after visiting some friends at the University of Maryland, I was heading home to Columbia. Going up Route 1, a guy in a Porsche was racing from light to light. I got onto the beltway, then Interstate 95 behind him. He kept accelerating, and I did too. I didn't try to pass him in my 2 ton car, but I had no idea how fast it would go, and figured I'd find out. I finally pegged the 140 mph speedo, and I think I accelerated for a little while after that. The guy in the Porsche finally slowed to 70, and I could pull up next to him. He looked worried, like he thought I might be a cop, so I turned on my dome light and gave him the thumbs up, and a big cheezy grin. Fastest on a bike was about 122 on my '85 V-Max.

25. adam401

adam401

I placed in the 100 yard dash at every field day we had in elementary school between 3rd grade and 8th. This is before participation trophies mind you. Shit was real. To this day I'll put out my cigarette, put down my beer and footrace any mofo on this forum.

26. About 130 on HWY 99 to Famosa for a BRIEF moment ( don't need to go to jail ) in my OT 2010 Mustang GT. Smooth as glass.

27. choptop4

choptop4

160 on the street. Just under 200 at the salt.

Deuces likes this.
  28. 173 mph-ish. I-20 East from Alabama into Georgia. 3 mile stretch straight, slight curve to left over next mile then back into another 3 to 4 mile straight. Too fun and too fast. Also too too stupid. ( No picture / obviously )

Completely off topic vehicle. Aluminum monocoque etc.

29. timelord

timelord

Screenshot_20160815-081906.png on a 737 to Florida .lol

Deuces and Runnin shine like this.
  30. Fordors

Fordors

This might be the post of the week and there are still six more days to go. Thanks for the laugh