Register now to get rid of these ads!

1962 Buick Special

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jeremy Reynolds, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Jeremy Reynolds

Jeremy Reynolds

Hi there, I'm new to the board. I'm looking to find some brake parts for a 1962 Buick Special. I can't seem to turn up wheel cylinders, brake drums, or spring kits. I should also mention that these parts need to be for the four lug. If anyone has any sort of information as to where I can get these parts, That'd be great. Thanks!

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. I have a 62 Buick Special. There are two type of brakes for the cars. The special have a four lug 9.5mm drum and they are not made anymore. You can however look into changing the fronts to disc using the Scarbird conversion that they make. I believe its about $165 for the bracket that allows you to use everything from an S-10 to complete the transition. With this you will have to also change wheels since the S-10 uses 5 lug wheels. The shoes for the original drums may be purchased at Oreilly's along with wheel cylinders and springs.
    You can also get NOS parts for the springs and wheel cylinders from buickfarm.com. There is a guy in Tustin, CA that has several brake drums that are used but may work. I am headed to Tustin tomorrow to check out the inventory of parts that he has, I'll see how good all the drums are.

3. Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 2.34.53 PM.png
    This is my '62. It has the Cast V6.